Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Somebody needs to READ this article to Clowney
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1,865

Somebody needs to READ this article to Clowney

Feb 13, 2013, 3:31 PM

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/8944097/nerlens-noel-kentucky-wildcats-torn-acl-for-season

If it can happen to the projected #1 pick in the NBA it can happen to you Clowney. Better think about taking the year off!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as much as i hate the #####, I think this is the worst

Feb 13, 2013, 3:45 PM

idea ever. Clowney should play his junior year. He committed to a team for at least 3 years. Him not playing would open "pandora's box" in the college football world.

the kid is a beast and yes his career is worth life changing money to his family but i personally think it would set a precedent that would be hard to ever overcome. How would we feel or our team for that matter, if Sammy decided to not play his junior year because he is a projected first round pick? if clowney decides to do this i got to think you will see others follow.

the "one and done" rule in basketball is just stupid. the NBA should let these kids transition out of high school or make them stay in college for a mininum of 3 years. I have never understood why the NBA will not step up and help the NCAA create this rule. college basketball has become very watered down with freshman due to the "one and done" players. it has essentially ruined the game. heck, one could argue that it is biting Calipari in his #### this year.

I agree, plus I don't want them to have any excuses.

Feb 13, 2013, 3:58 PM

And I also don't want Clowney to leave without a loss to Clemson. Clemson better beat that #### this year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Kid should do what he feels is best for him and his family

Feb 13, 2013, 4:30 PM [ in reply to as much as i hate the #####, I think this is the worst ]

He uses the school and the school uses him to make money. I would support athletes doing this because once they are done at the school, the fans' memories or opinions won't pay the bills and make sure their family is supported.

Sure some kids will get bad advice just like they do right now as juniors choosing to enter the draft, but for guys like Tyrone Prothro at Alabama, it would have benefited him. Dan Shula left him in a blow out game and Prothro's career is ended in a freak injury.

Would it water down the game? Yes, but people still tune in to watch college basketball.

Classes?

Feb 13, 2013, 4:42 PM

From what I hear, going to classes and studying are not a big priority for him.

That could be a factor.

Re: Classes?

Feb 13, 2013, 7:06 PM

Football players are required to sign into class with a Dodie tutor. Any player in undergraduate has to do this each class, so Clowney has to go. Whether or not he pays any sort of attention is up to him.

Re: as much as i hate the #####, I think this is the worst

Feb 13, 2013, 5:23 PM [ in reply to as much as i hate the #####, I think this is the worst ]

I'm not going to comment on any other part and really do not care about this topic, but he did not sign a 3 year commitment. He is not allowed, due to the NFL's monopoly of the sport, to pursue football professionally until he is 3 years removed from high school. His scholarship at South Carolina, as at nearly all D1 schools, is only a 1 year scholarship renewed at the schools discretion. If the school isn't committed to you for 3 years how can you possibly be committed to them for 3. Football players are not chattel.

Message was edited by: viztiz®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he plays next year so we can be the ones that kill

Feb 13, 2013, 5:06 PM

his chances at league play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Somebody needs to READ this article to Clowney

Feb 13, 2013, 7:32 PM

Should Tahj and Sammy sit out too. They could get hurt.

In all seriousness, if Clowney sat out he definitly would not be the #1 pick. He may not anyhow. Every year someone has a special year to jump up the draft board. Sitting out would not produce that special year.

Feb 13, 2013, 7:38 PM

you coots just aint to bright are you. doo doo clowney has his spot at number 1 waiting on him. tajh and sammy are trying to move up in the ranks. if you dont realize the higher you are drafted the higher you get paid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 13, 2013, 9:00 PM

bro come on. Are we that scared of losing to usuck again that were creaming our panties to get clowney off the team. Its kind of pathetic. Wait wait wait!!! 30 bucks says the next response is "coot".

Why? Because he can't read it himself?

Feb 13, 2013, 10:48 PM

Rim shot!

I'll be here all night folks.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1,865
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic