Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some thoughts on Dabo's comments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 942

Some thoughts on Dabo's comments

Jun 13, 2012, 11:29 AM

There are a few possibilities about Dabo’s comments yesterday which may lead us to a better understanding of the situation.
1. Dabo and TDP have talked about this situation at length. If that is the case:

a. Dabo and TDP are on the same page about what Dabo said and these comments are their attempt to throw cold water on any possibility of moving conferences. If so,
i. TDP doesn’t feel comfortable saying this and asked Dabo to do it
ii. The board has decided not to make a move and asked Dabo to start laying the groundwork for rolling back the rumor mill. In either case, Dabo isn’t the driver of these comments. If he were, then:

b. TDP and Dabo aren’t on the same page and this was Dabo’s attempt to submarine the possibility of a move. (If so, that’s not good because that indicates a real division between administration and coaches)

2. Dabo and TDP have NOT talked about this much at all and this was Dabo going on record. (This also isn’t good because you would hope the coaching staffs and administration are talking about an issue as big as this.)

3. In either case, we have absolutely established that at least PART of what DudeofWV has said is not correct. He’s said that the coaching staff had been notified of the move to the Big12 and “were fine with it”. Obviously this is not the case and that starts to cast doubt of the credibility of other information that he has posted.

What possible scenarios did I miss? Certainly open to feedback.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

See Plyler's column today.***

Jun 13, 2012, 11:33 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm just beginning to think that there is no one smart

Jun 13, 2012, 11:36 AM

enough in our administration for any of those scenarios.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So this is like Global Warming

Jun 13, 2012, 11:41 AM

if there are 100 hurricanes, its proof of global warming.
If there are no hurricanes, its proof of global warming.
If its unusually hot, its proof of global warming.
If its unusually cold, its proof of global warming.

If Dabo says he wants to stay in the the ACC, its because we are going to the Big 12 and he has to say it.
If Dabo says he wants the money of the Big 12, we are going to be the Big12.
If Dabo brings in a dozen doughnuts its a sign we are moving to the Big 12
If Dabo brings in a 14 piece bucket from KFC, then its signal to the ACC that he is going to eat his chicken and go to the Big 12.

Honestly it sounds like a bunch of people are trying to read the tea leaves and make them say whatever they want to hear.

Dabo's statements don't prove anything one way or the other.***

Jun 13, 2012, 12:01 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

If we aren't going to the Big 12, we don't need to start

Jun 13, 2012, 12:00 PM

"rolling back" the rumor mill, we need to slam the door and nail it shut. Otherwise recruiting will continue to suffer. TDP or BOT could do this with one simple statement, not the open-ended quasi-denial they made previously.

If we are making a move, or considering it, no announcement can be made until everything is official, and that will probably be another couple of months. If that is the case, recruiting could take a hit until then.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The option you left out, and I think this is the most likely

Jun 13, 2012, 12:16 PM

is that Dabo is a ####### idiot and spoke out of turn.

Impressive "diagraming" of sentences-a lost art***

Jun 13, 2012, 12:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Impressive "diagraming" of sentences-a lost art***

Jun 13, 2012, 1:10 PM

My 9th grade English teacher would be very proud I'm sure. :)

Replies: 8
| visibility 942
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic