Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some stats that make me scared to death of NC ST
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Some stats that make me scared to death of NC ST

Oct 10, 2018, 4:07 PM

They put up 491 yds of offense against us last year. Averaged nearly 6 yds per play.

This year, they're averaging 60yds per game more than last year.

They are ranked #1 in the nation on 3rd down conversions.

Finley never gets sacked. OL is very good at pass pro.

HAHAHA Who am i kidding? We're gonna kill them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's relative...

Oct 10, 2018, 4:09 PM

based on the level of competition they've faced.

They narrowly beat a BC team that was playing without its top RB and WR.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It's relative...

Oct 10, 2018, 4:15 PM

I know. But that BC game was a dominating performance by NC St. Bunch of really weird turnovers.

They out gained them by almost 250 yds.

Biggest thing with NC St is they control the ball really well on offense. They held the ball for 42 mins vs 18 mins for BC.

Gotta get off the field on 3rd downs against them. They're elite, #1 in nation, on 3rd down conversions.

I hope they generously gift us four turnovers...

Oct 10, 2018, 4:32 PM

like they did for BC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I hope they generously gift us four turnovers...

Oct 10, 2018, 4:36 PM

It'll certainly help us if Mark Fields doesn't drop any more gift INTs like he did against Ga Tech and against Wake.

Oct 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

Hands of stone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Oct 10, 2018, 9:59 PM

that's why he plays defense and not offense

Do you believe that...

Oct 10, 2018, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: It's relative... ]

BC's defense is as good as ours this year? Do you think our offense is so bad that we aren't capable of scoring on NC State?

We're talented enough to impose our will on them. And now that we have a real quarterback who is learning and getting better, with two weeks to prepare I'm not worried about being able to dominate Doeren's dummies in Death Valley.

Sounds like you need to get a six pack of wine coolers and find a nice AKC dog show to watch. No Tiger fans are scared of NC State.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 10, 2018, 10:48 PM [ in reply to It's relative... ]

I agree which is why people on here should calm down about us running it all over Weak Forest.

Oct 11, 2018, 9:00 AM [ in reply to It's relative... ]

They dominated that game. Final score is misleading.

Re: Some stats that make me scared to death of NC ST

Oct 10, 2018, 4:18 PM

Relax, we don't put the defense on the field nearly as much anymore unless we're scoring quick. Finley faced our tired defense over and over and we started the game off with a costly turnover, their DL is nothing compared to last year and their RB is not nearly as explosive to help Finley.

Oct 10, 2018, 4:33 PM

Finley is a good QB that is a Senior and very efficient. You're probably not going to throw much at him that he hasn't seen but with that said I don't think NC State is as good as they were last year. Clemson is more talented than they are at almost every position so the Tigers just need to win their individual battles and not help NC State out with blown coverages and turnovers. NC State reminds me of Jimbo Fisher coaches teams in that they like to use the backs out of the backfield and their TE's. Now I will admit I haven't watched one second of Wolfpup football this year but if Clemson plays the way they did against Wake minus the fumble and slow start it won't matter. I think this Clemson team is better than maybe any other of recent memory only in the fact that they are running the ball at will. As a fan you hope NC State comes in trying to stop the run which just opens the window up for Trevor and the receivers and if they try and play Clemson straight up and Clemson plays to their capabilities then this should be a comfortable win. And if we can employ the almighty laptop.

Oct 10, 2018, 4:39 PM

Don't forget A.J Dillon was out for BC

Oct 10, 2018, 4:42 PM

Whew, that was close.... I was worried there for a minute...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Oct 10, 2018, 4:44 PM

Yes, they have beaten some powerhouses this year.

JMU
GaSt
Marshall
UVA
BC

We should be really skaert!

The NCSU game scares me too.

Oct 10, 2018, 4:55 PM

Finely is an excellent QB and he has very good receivers. In the last two games against us Finely threw for over 500 total yards. State was in both games until the last minute and a catch or a kick might have beaten us. The State passing attack gets the ball out of Finely's hands really quickly which tends to negate our pass rush.

Add to State's strengths the fact that our offense tends to start slowly. The Wolfpack could get juiced up early.

I expect to win, but the game is worrisome.

Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The NCSU game scares me too.

Oct 10, 2018, 6:03 PM

Good analysis...I agree on all accounts. They will definitely test our secondary and I think they’ll score quite a bit more than most here seem to be predicting. I’m hoping our offense has a good day and is ready from the start...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The unfortunate thing for NCSU is. . .

Oct 10, 2018, 6:37 PM

Brent Venables has time to prepare for their offense. Their defense is young and talented but "inexperienced" in big game environments. I fully expect us to come out and establish the running game early. NCSU gets blown out if they have trouble with that. If they hold their own we test their secondary with our 5 star WR's vs their maybe 1 4 star CB. Not saying that's the only thing that matters/ b/c it's not. But, I like our chances in one one one's down the field.

Finley does not hold on to the ball trying to make the perfect play. He takes what the defense gives and gets the ball out quick. The pass rush will have to be patient and the secondary will have to be tight long enough for the rush to "force Finley to hold it a bit longer than he wants"! They have a young TB who was a 4 star recruit who is really playing well. Give him a crease and he can take it to the house. If the DL plays well; I don't think NCSU has a real shot in this game. Not unless we are in a "gift giving mode" like we were the last time they played here. Marcus Edmund saved us that day and the blown FG.

They haven't been tested and i.m.o are only undefeated b/c hurricane Florence caused the WVA game to be cancelled.

Tigers Roll! Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3rd down conversion is a very underrated stat.

Oct 10, 2018, 10:19 PM

NC State #1 42/69 60.9%
Clemson #56 31/76 40.8% (mind blowing that we were only 5/15 against Wake Forest and should be higher considering who we've faced so far this year)

No big deal when we're scoring on long plays on 1st or 2nd down but when against a defense with a pulse, this can come back to haunt the Tiger O.

Re: 3rd down conversion is a very underrated stat.

Oct 10, 2018, 10:46 PM

Third down conversions mean sustained drives. It takes discipline and usually requires no blown assignments. Its extra benefit? Providing extra rest for an inexperienced or shallow defense.

Finley will get his, and their 6'4" WR Harmon can hurt us. Our O needs to convert better on 3rd down for sure. Matching TDs should not be our goal

Re: the other underrated stat

Oct 10, 2018, 11:15 PM

Is starters the Wolfpack have knocked out of the game.

If they don't go headhunting on Gallman in 2016, we win by 2 TDs.

This year we are deeper at every position, but we need Bryce to be ready, too.

Re: the other underrated stat

Oct 11, 2018, 9:00 AM

Fields is probably the first db I've ever seen to drop an interception. Hands of stone. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew you were kidding

Oct 11, 2018, 8:58 AM

If they scared you to death you wouldn't be alive to post that.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic