Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
You people make me SICK.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

You people make me SICK.....

Nov 29, 2012, 4:03 AM

20 wins in two years? A Conference championship for the first time in 20 years? Yeah, I hate losing to the #####, but this is the best that they have EVER been...Dabo and his staff and what he is building is what we as a fan base have been waiting on. The majority of the peoplr that post are either kids or whiney little #######. GO TIGERS

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^^That^^^^^

Nov 29, 2012, 4:04 AM

Point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Savior. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Amen, brotha.***

Nov 29, 2012, 4:08 AM

What he said!

Nov 29, 2012, 4:08 AM

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You people make me SICK.....

Nov 29, 2012, 4:47 AM

I SAID WHINEY LITTLE B!TCHES..... Our school is headed for greatness, and we have the staff to get us there- we have the most wins back to back since 87-88- most of u little girls who never played the game were not even born the last time we won 10 in a row-

Nov 29, 2012, 5:02 AM

What makes me sick is two things:
1) His failure to beat a top 10 team in his tenure.
2) The perception ,imo,that while the ##### maybe the best they have ever been,Dabo was throughly outcoached Saturday night by Spurrier.
In fact the entire USC coaching staff took ours to the wood shed!
Whine all you want.This is a major concern.

Nov 29, 2012, 5:10 AM

20 wins in 2 years speaks for it's self. That is way better than we have done in along while.

Nov 29, 2012, 5:18 AM [ in reply to Re: You people make me SICK..... ]

We beat VT twice last year, the first time in Blacksburg, and if I'm not mistaken the first time we beat them they were top ten. I am hungry for a carolina win, but our program is in the best shape it has been in sine the FORD days.

Best since the FORD days is one thing

Nov 29, 2012, 7:31 AM

Good as the FORD days is entirely a different animal - and we ain't even close.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

^^what he said^^ and the ACC is looking shakey

Nov 29, 2012, 7:53 AM

Nov 29, 2012, 5:18 AM

No, we like to deal with reality. It's the only way to improve the program.

Nov 29, 2012, 5:22 AM

Reality is that we are 10-2, and headed to aa bowl game. Beats the sh!t outta 6-6, right?

Nov 29, 2012, 5:47 AM

True. It is better than 6-6. I think the issue is that getting our tails handed to us by our "rival" is pretty demoralizing. I think the loss in 2009 was worse. Problem is our perception of Clemson and the reality.

Reality: Last year. The teams that we defeated, Auburn/VT, were obviously on the way down.

I do agree with you that Dabo is trying to build a new culture. Problem with that is that culture has been absent for a long time at CU. Might not have even been there, even with Danny. I am "all in" it's just tough when you see no desire, no heart and you hear the opposing teams band outplay yours in your own house....and you see all the people sitting down the entire game. I burn 1000 calories every game. I do not sit down as most of you all do too.

GO TIGERS!!!

I think most people are proud of our accomplishments;

Nov 29, 2012, 6:12 AM

however, there will always be questions about any efforts, even if we were to win a national title. That's human nature. Some folks do have concerns about our ability this year to whip up on the small fry, while failing with the larger. Perhaps, the greatest disappointment is the four-peat, simply because most haven't suffered it before. Think of this: A Clemson senior in 1954, who experienced the last four-peat, is now about 80 years old! And, of course, with a venue like TNet the luxury of anonymity emboldens some to bold statements they would be loath to repeat publicly....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bottomline people are frustrated for

Nov 29, 2012, 6:30 AM

We can't win the big game! Usuc this year and the year before and the year before! Oh and of course WV. 10 wins is nice but look at the quality of the apponents. No big game wins. ACC championship last season to a down and out vt. Thats the reason for frustration no big WINS! People are tired of waiting.

Here's a quarter***

Nov 29, 2012, 6:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2012, 6:59 AM

There are two things that are important to me, in regards to TIGER football. ACC championships and BEATING THE COOTS. All this talk about a NC is a bunch of crap. We aren't close to being ready for that. But being in the weak-arse ACC, we should be competing for that championship every year. AND BEATING THE COOTS!!! We had a pretty good year; yes 10 wins in the ACC. I think that we saw what those 10 wins mean against one of the better teams from the SEC. Not the BEST, one of the better teams. We have been beating the dog snot out of just about every team from the ACC, but couldn't get much traction on offense, AGAIN, against a relatively good SEC team. THAT'S WHAT PISSES ME OFF. That and the fact that Dabo seems to see the USuC game as just another game. I will grant the fact that USuC is playing at a much better level than they probably EVER have; but, once again, they are not an elite team and we got beat down, and that just bites my ####. BEAT THE ###! COOTS and then tell me we had a good season

Nov 29, 2012, 8:15 AM

> There are two things that are important to me, in
> regards to TIGER football. ACC championships and
> BEATING THE COOTS. All this talk about a NC is a
> bunch of crap. We aren't close to being ready for
> that. But being in the weak-arse ACC, we should be
> competing for that championship every year. AND
> BEATING THE COOTS!!! We had a pretty good year; yes
> 10 wins in the ACC. I think that we saw what those 10
> wins mean against one of the better teams from the
> SEC. Not the BEST, one of the better teams. We have
> been beating the dog snot out of just about every
> team from the ACC, but couldn't get much traction on
> offense, AGAIN, against a relatively good SEC team.
> THAT'S WHAT PISSES ME OFF. That and the fact that
> Dabo seems to see the USuC game as just another game.
> I will grant the fact that USuC is playing at a much
> better level than they probably EVER have; but, once
> again, they are not an elite team and we got beat
> down, and that just bites my ####. BEAT THE ###!
> COOTS and then tell me we had a good season

Why don't you suggest to the new AD to get rid of our current coaching staff and hire Paul Johnson or the abuser Mike Leach. I bet that would help our team alot.

Nov 29, 2012, 8:21 AM [ in reply to Re: You people make me SICK..... ]

A ten point loss is not a beat down. 10 points to rival sucks but is not a beat down. One less interception and the probable ending numbers would have been 24-20 Clemson. And the complainers would be bitching about not playing in NC.

Re: Opponent record

Nov 29, 2012, 7:33 AM

We beat Duke, Maryland, NC State, Furman, Ball State, GT,VT, Auburn, Wake, and BC who have a combined record of 51-68.
We lost to Scar and FSU who are 20-4 combined.
The quality wins are over schools that are hurting such as GT, VT and Auburn
and we gave up ridiculous stats to those we did beat.
This is not a very satisfying 10 win season.
Did you see the emotion when Dabo beat Auburn last year. He don't feel the emotion of our rivalry.
Mediocrity and people who accept it makes me sick.

Re: Opponent record

Nov 29, 2012, 8:01 AM

I do believe he would rather beat AU than uscjr. Actions speak louder than words.

just as a small and kinda inconsequential counter....

Nov 29, 2012, 8:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Opponent record ]

those teams would've been a combined 61-58 if we hadn't beaten them ;)

Some people will always care more about the uscjr game.

Nov 29, 2012, 7:55 AM

And yes, they make me sick, too.

Re: Some people will always care more about the uscjr game.

Nov 29, 2012, 8:10 AM

AGREE, YOUNG PUNKS WITH NOTHING ELSE TO DO BUT COME HERE AND WHINE.

Re: Some people will always care more about the uscjr game.

Nov 29, 2012, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Some people will always care more about the uscjr game. ]

You people are hilarious. There's a lot of talk about "The Ford days" recently and how tough our team was "back then." For heaven's sake, the ACC was weaker in 1981 than it is today. Look at the schedule we played. Yes, we beat Georgia and North Carolina, but those were the only two teams there were compareable to Florida State and Virginia Tech. Everybody was an nervous as cats when we went to the Orange Bowl to play Nebraska. Nobody in their right mind was "cocky" about our chances. We knew we had to play our best game of the season, and did. That very same thing can happen next year. Neither South Carolina nor Georgia will be as good next year as this year. We should be better, even if Chad leaves for a HC job. So stay focussed. And don't embellish the past just because it's too far back for most of you to remember. We weren't living "in the land of the giants" back then and we aren't today. It's takes a lot of luck to win a National Championship, but I believe we will again, and soon. Dabo is a good coach. So was Danny Ford. But Danny wasn't great in any area except conditioning. He worked our guys to death and only the strong survive. Because we have become a "wimpy culture," that is no longer allowed. But beyond that, Danny didn't know a bit more about "X's and O's" than Dabo does. I agree that losing to SC is the pits. Living near a bunch of coots, I get ribbed pretty frequently about "the kitty cats." But I've been around long enough to know that there's a huge difference between the two Universities and I'd rather lose as a Tiger than win as a chicken. This, too, shall pass. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Made possible by a lot of teams suckin...

Nov 29, 2012, 8:09 AM

But yes, stats-wise we still are pretty ballin...

Re: Made possible by a lot of teams suckin...

Nov 29, 2012, 8:24 AM

The fire Dabo thing is ridiculous, but at the same time out best win of the season was against NCST. If we beat LSU, nobody can logically call this season a failure.

http://ryankantor.com/2012/11/26/clemson-season-review-how-close-were-my-pre-season-predictions/

This is what the ACC should do to maintain some semblance of tradition in college football.
http://ryankantor.com/2012/11/28/how-the-acc-could-realign-divisions-to-preserve-tradition/

The best they've ever been?

Nov 29, 2012, 8:45 AM

Hyperbole much?

True....but we still have lost 4 in a row...

Nov 29, 2012, 8:56 AM

and that is unacceptable. That really is an issue....espcially given the ACC is about as bad now as its been in a long time, if not maybe the worst ever.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic