Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A few notes of interest from my grocery store trip this morning.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 900

A few notes of interest from my grocery store trip this morning.

Apr 23, 2020, 9:40 AM

At 8:34 am Publix does not have fried chicken ready for consumption. Score 1 for Spinx.

The only people in the grocery store are Publix employees, 5 elderly ladies, 1 elderly man, 1 the guy that manages the TipsyTaco in the same shopping center, 1 the guy that runs the liquor store in the same shopping center, 1 fat drunken slob making a morning beer run and picking up some other essential items for his wife, and 9 grocery shopper/delivery service workers.

Publix is still out of “White Out” and correction tape.

You can recognize grocery/delivery service workers because 1.) They walk around with their phone in their face as fast as they can, grabbing things off of the shelves like they’re catching Pokémon. B.) They often have multiple orders at the checkout line. 3.) Some of them wear green Shipt shirts. 4.) A couple of them are fairly attractive. The rest are not.

My Publix has arrows telling you which direction you can walk up and down the aisle. To me this is just more proof that Publix builds their grocery stores entirely too small. The aisles are too small to allow people to safely pass each other during the current Coronavirus Pandemic. Ingles forever!

Publix will not have fried chicken or chicken tenders until 10:00 am.

That’s all I got for now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A few notes of interest from my grocery store trip this morning.

Apr 23, 2020, 9:43 AM

Were you that fat dude?

Mind yo business Carlsbad.***

Apr 23, 2020, 3:17 AM

I just noticed thise things on the floors. Took a while

Apr 23, 2020, 9:45 AM

to figure out they were for traffic flow. Literally one little sticker on the floor at each end of the aisle. I shopped half the store before I even noticed the little 10x10 inch squares.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would have been me but for the fat lady who

Apr 23, 2020, 11:08 AM

corrected me halfway down the noodle aisle

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I go in a store I'm shopping. I look at the food

Apr 23, 2020, 12:57 PM

not the floor.

And it was a small green square, and had small words (do not enter). Now if it were me in charge, it would be a 2+ft bright red ARROW, and the do not enter would be a bright red crossed out circle symbol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Average age of Corona Virus death

Apr 23, 2020, 9:45 AM

71. Average age of the guy standing there sanitizing all of the carts 70. Yup, lets put the most vulnerable person, male/65-75 on the very front lines. Good idea.

Once gentleman from my Kroger died a couple weeks ago. So sad.

And I didnt meant to get into this, but how FREAKING sad that a man/woman at that age is still having to work and at a grocery store in a pandemic to boot. Its just super sad.

We have been going to smaller local grocery stores, pay a little more, but 1/3 of the people, cleaner and the people working there are not the most vulnerable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people like to work, even when they don't have to

Apr 23, 2020, 11:04 AM

I know lots of retired people, some with fat pensions, ample savings, and they choose to work the register at Publix. Actually, that's a very specific guy. But I know others. My mom is 76 and still working, albeit confined now. Her father was a farmer and took care of his cattle and farm until he was 86yo. I plan to work until I can't. That may be at 55yo or 105yo. Whatever. Never liked the whole idea/philosophy of retirement. Most people who work do it to help people, and as such they can't live just sitting on their ##### and not helping others. It's not about the pay for them either. Guy had a good $5 million plus in the bank, plus a pension, and absolutely loved working the Publix register.

Sure, some are forced to work, but most older people I know do it as a choice to help others.

Yep. Guy at the trash dump in town

Apr 23, 2020, 12:14 PM

has been retired for 20 years doing nothing. Got bored so he decided to start working at the dump just to have something to do.

But I am eligible for retirement when I hit 50 and I fully plan on getting the #### out the moment I can.

I've seen many people work until they can't anymore then they just sit on the couch waiting to die.

I want to enjoy my retirement.

Trust me, I can keep myself busy hunting, fishing, whatever the #### else I want to do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Sounds like the guy at the dump did exactly what you’re talking about.

Apr 23, 2020, 12:25 PM

Then he realized he needed to finance all of his daily excursions. Either that or stay on the porch. He chose to go dig in the dirt a little more.

Guy I work with retired and had plenty of money. Got out and did all the stuff he said he would do when he retired and after about a year and a half called and asked if we were looking for any good help. He said he was bored and wouldn’t mind financing his wife’s retirement plan of shopping. It’s physical work and he can’t always keep up. But he’s smart, he’s steady, and when he doesn’t feel like coming in... he calls and says he’s taking the day off to go bag a deer. He’s useful to us and I hope we are useful to him.

If you find something that you can work at after retirement, you enjoy it, and it fills your needs... why not do it? Those old folks working in the grocery store probably aren’t as scared as we think they are. Probably much more scared of sitting around waiting to die. I appreciate a good hard worker. Or is it a good hard man? I can’t remember. Anyways I’m rambling.

I just found an unreasonable amount of correction tape

Apr 23, 2020, 9:52 AM

in the box of stuff from the junk drawer at old house....

kinda weird, being that I don't make mistakes.

anyhoo....I'll sell them to you for some baby wipes

We scored a whole case of them from Amazon recently.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:17 AM

But only get if for baby because #### anyone who buys them for other uses right now. They’ve been really hard to come by.

well, technically, we buy 'adult' wipes

Apr 23, 2020, 10:42 AM

also technically, haven't bought any since before all this began, buuut if you're still DTF......

Oh yes!

Apr 23, 2020, 1:12 PM

Something tells me you’ll need some hair removal before that can be arranged, though. Might have to wait till the pandemic is over :(

My mom got a case from Amazon but she has to have them

Apr 23, 2020, 10:46 AM [ in reply to We scored a whole case of them from Amazon recently. ]

for my Dad who is basically a toddler right now. She gave us some, we use them for a quick post-coital cleanup.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much are you willing to pay for baby wipes?

Apr 23, 2020, 12:06 PM [ in reply to I just found an unreasonable amount of correction tape ]

I've got 3 cases at home.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Scored an eight piece box for $4.00 at Publix a couple of

Apr 23, 2020, 9:58 AM

weeks back. They do a fine enough job with fried chicken.

ALWAYS the best part of a Southern Culture on the Skids show...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqyOiizThJ4

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you wait out back, you can get an 8 piece for free

Apr 23, 2020, 10:01 AM

when they throw out the old chicken

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah dog.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:03 AM

They pack it up. Put it in the cooler section in the morning. Then sell it to the food stamp customers that aren’t allowed to purchase “prepared” foods.

The Ingles close to me also had the arrows.

Apr 23, 2020, 10:02 AM

I wouldn't mind it if all the stores narrowed the aisles down so you can only go one way. If you miss your item, tough luck. I mostly just hate how in the way people are at stores.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only go one way... from now on?!?

Apr 5, 2017, 1:26 PM

You disgust me.

Shopping is impossible right now. My newest trick is backing down the aisle, so if I get caught it looks like I was going the right direction the whole time.

Oh yeah, one way ALL THE TIME or at least until

Apr 23, 2020, 10:19 AM

I am made grand poobah and the stores have to kick everybody out when I go in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

one great feature of the "new" shopping protocol......

Apr 23, 2020, 1:07 PM [ in reply to The Ingles close to me also had the arrows. ]

those pushy people who barge right into your personal space while you are trying to get something, those folks are temporarily gone.

Like when you are standing there in mild panic trying to figure out which one of the 300 flavors of spaghetti sauce to sauce you want (or more importantly your wife/girlfriend wants), the rude ahole that sidles right up to you and takes over your space.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When looking over vast selections,

Apr 23, 2020, 2:09 PM

do you stand close or step back toward the other side.

Ingles has the best single serve frozen items

Apr 23, 2020, 5:54 PM [ in reply to The Ingles close to me also had the arrows. ]

than any other grocery store, by far

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Dude, we been shopping the same Publix

Apr 23, 2020, 10:11 AM

were you the guy passed out in the wine section?

Wine?

Apr 23, 2020, 10:13 AM

Don’t be groce.

I just got back from Ingles- no better

Apr 23, 2020, 10:59 AM

Some greasy looking bum of a guy coughing up a lung was stocking frozen foods. I passed on the bag of stir fry I wanted.

No TP
No whipping cream
Strangely no dishwasher detergent
Pet food was very limited

Was going to go to Publix next time but I guess no bother
I’ll try Food Lion I suppose

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Now you know all the aisles

Apr 23, 2020, 11:55 AM

The guy was coughing...and the items he's hoarding. ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 900
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic