Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serious Question: Is Dabo here if he loses 5 in a row
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 62
| visibility 1

Serious Question: Is Dabo here if he loses 5 in a row

Dec 16, 2012, 12:34 AM

to the coots. This NOT a troll attempt...I want to see what the general consensus is among our fans on our board. Coots can stay away from this thread by the way...go to your own board. Once you put your answer please post your age as well so we can see the general make up of our fans and their opinions. I say no that would be the end of Dabo's shot at head coach. Im 52 years old and have been a tiger fan for 45 years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would suck. All Tiger fans would agree to that.

Dec 16, 2012, 12:38 AM

Does losing that game automatically get him fired? In my estimation, no. For instance we go 11-1 in the regular season? He's not going anywhere.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would suck. All Tiger fans would agree to that.

Dec 16, 2012, 12:43 AM

Maybe if he won us the ACC and the BCS bowl should he be allowed to stay. Enough is enough when it comes to losing to them and some of us simply can't take much more of it. Its not gonna be easy...I think they lose most of their lb's and DB's but they still will be tough on dline and oline and RB and QB as well. We play them at their crap house but we use to own that place and Dabo has to find a way to beat them. We return most of our guys and should be adding defensive help. I just say that is a MUST win game for Dabo.

Dec 16, 2012, 12:50 AM

you must be joking if you think his time at Clemson would end over losing that game unless next season was just a catastrophic failure..... he would have to go below 7 wins and loose, and even then firing him would probably be a poor choice (im 20 as per your request in the original post)

It's a 12 to 14 game season...anyone who measures our

Dec 16, 2012, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: It would suck. All Tiger fans would agree to that. ]

success by one game is extremely short-sighted. Georgia has lost to them just as much as us recently, and Mark Richt isn't going anywhere anytime soon. If we want to challenge for a national title, we absolutely have to win against them, but we have had two consecutive very good seasons. It will take a very bad season (as in 6+ losses) for Dabo to get fired after next season.

Re: It's a 12 to 14 game season...anyone who measures our

Dec 16, 2012, 12:54 AM

forgot to post my age...I'm 24.

Dec 16, 2012, 1:07 AM [ in reply to Re: It would suck. All Tiger fans would agree to that. ]

I must correct something you said: Carolina returns 3 out of our 4 secondary starters. Yes, you are correct about our linebackers. But we have recruited well over the years and return linebackers we have redshirted. And clemson has holes to fill on defense, too. Overall, we lose 11 starters to your 10. If Hopkins leaves early, you lose 11 starters. And you have questions on defense since your unit was ranked 75th in the nation. Proceed, TRoar61.

Dec 16, 2012, 7:46 AM

You've posted this before but it isn't true. You lose Swearinger, Holloman, and Auguste in your backfield.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2012, 9:26 AM

As usual, you don't know what you are talking about. The spur position for us is a hybrid between linbacker and DB. It mostly functions as a linebacker in our scheme. Not only that but, look at the depth chart on Rivals. Holloman is listed as a linebacker. LeGree beat out Auguste who was out for much of the year due to injury. Auguste was not able to reclaim the starting spot from Legree, once he returned. Along with LeGree, we return Hampton and Williams in the secondary.

Dec 16, 2012, 9:32 AM

When I started this thread I asked the lowest life fans in the world of the lowest life college in the world to stay out of it but you just couldn't help yourself could you? My hate for all things chicken can not be expressed enough and would take me 50 pages to do so.

Dec 16, 2012, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: It would suck. All Tiger fans would agree to that. ]

11 starters? Where do you get your numbers from? We lose 4 on offense and 5 on a defense that flat out sucked anyway. Your secondary was garbage all last season so maybe returning 3 of 4 will make both of our secondaries average come next November.

Dec 16, 2012, 12:37 PM

I included the punters and kickers for both programs. And I said that if Hopkins leaves early, that would make 9 + 1 (punter) + 1 (Hopkins)= 11. Our secondary was 34th out of 120+ teams in the nation in Pass Defense Efficiency. That's good.

Dec 16, 2012, 4:52 PM

That's a statistic that nobody understands or cares about. Pass Defense Efficiency? You can do better than that.

Dec 16, 2012, 5:13 PM

If you choose to ignore factual data because it doesn't fit your bias, I can't help you. Regardless, I won't do your homework for you. Stop being lazy and get off your butt by looking up passing efficiency defense.But just for you kiddo, I'll give you a stat that even you can understand: Carolina finished 17th nationally in passing defense, which is excellent by any standard. Since I proved my point, I'm moving on. Bye bye, sport.

Re: Serious Question: Is Dabo here if he loses 5 in a row

Dec 16, 2012, 12:56 AM

Dabo won against them in his first try, taking over a Tommy Bowden built program and system (which had beaten the coots 7 out of the then past 9 seasons). Was that "beginners luck" (coots had no QB in Smelley who threw 4 interceptions that day, promptly left the program, never to play college football again.)?

If Dabo loses to the coots again in November in Columbia, he will make history by being the Head Coach at Clemson who lost to So Car 5 straight times, for the first time ever. Dabo looks like John Cooper and Bill Curry: coaches who had success but were poor rivalry game coaches. If Dabo wins 10 or 11 games annually BUT continues to lose to USuCk, how long will Clemson tolerate that result? At some point, I believe that the Administration would say, "enough is enough". There are coaches out there who can win big overall and against the rival. Heck, Steve Spurrier is doing that now. Sadly, my answer to your question is: "NO". I'm 60.

Yes. I'm 14***

Dec 16, 2012, 12:57 AM

Next season

Dec 16, 2012, 1:05 AM

If Dabo somehow only wins 7 games with the talent we have he should be gone but that will not happen. We need to and I believe will beat usuck next year opposed to what many believe they wont be nearly as strong on D next year "BUT ANYWAYS" (as Spurrier says) we need to beat them but as long as we have a season 10+ wins beating either uga or fsu his job is safe.

No

Dec 16, 2012, 1:06 AM

Losing to the gamecocks now Is not the same as it used to be. They now have a good team as well as a hall of fame coach. The admin understands this. It is bad too lose to them as a fan but it hurts less when they have a good team. I think that when the tickets are getting sold, the coach stays. In my opinion, I'd rather lose to a tough Carolina team than to a wake forest or Boston college.

I hope not, but he would probably survive. 28.***

Dec 16, 2012, 1:43 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid question - your type of thinking doesn't belong to a

Dec 16, 2012, 2:42 AM

real fan! GO TIGERS BEAT LSU!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL

Dec 16, 2012, 3:37 AM

Yes agree any/all L at the hands of the cockerel's is something I dislike
Also understand as a Clemson Tiger there has always been 3 football seasons in the same year,
Regular-cockerel-bowl game
But to be naive enough to think Dabo would be gone with another L to the cockerel's is almost as funny as thinking the cockerel's are going to win an SEC Championship
A W or L with the cockerel's does not make a good or bad football season, an L only makes it tuff on us having to listen to them crow
Been an IPTAY member since 1959 when I turned 6 years old

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Serious Question: Why don't you #### with these questions.

Dec 16, 2012, 3:42 AM

They are stupid. Yes, He will be here if he loses 20 in a row as long as he keeps winning championships and making big bowls.

Dec 16, 2012, 5:04 AM

I'm 62,only been a fan for 15 years,but this is my take on losing # 5.
Considering that the game will be played in Columbia next season,I think Dabo could get a reprieve( or a pardon) if he loses #5.
But lose to the coots in 2014(#6 in a row) in the Valley,he shouldn't get fired.He should quit!!!!!!

Yes, should have already happened..

Dec 16, 2012, 7:28 AM

Yes, should have been done after 3. If you are acceptable to losing continually and essentially badly to the Coots, you are not a real Tiger fan.

A program that truly aspires to be a Top 10 program would never hire a coach with Dabo's credentials to begin with.

I like the guy, has done some good, but has not won against the Coots and we have been embarrassed in some big games.

Age 54.

Crump, this is another one that needs to go.

Dec 16, 2012, 7:49 AM

That is all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

I call it as I see it

Dec 16, 2012, 9:29 AM

No sugar coating from me...if you don't like that message then go on and keep ra ra ra while our rival keeps beating us. You and other fans like you frustrate the hayal out of me I can tell you that. I personally think we are in big trouble yet our fan base just sits back and lets it happen. Remember the Hatfield years when the fans actually made a difference?

Dec 16, 2012, 8:04 AM

Doubtful simply based on that game...But he needs some QUALITY wins between now and then. If we get rolled again in the bowl game and then lose to UGA & FSU at home next yr. things could change quickly. Then the game in Columbia could be the lynchpin.

To Orange Neck

Dec 16, 2012, 8:09 AM

Why is it you wish for this board to be censored?

Is it, if everyone's opinion is not the same as yours, you take offense?

Do you not understand that the purpose of a message board is to solicit different opinions?

Re: To Orange Neck

Dec 16, 2012, 8:53 AM

This guy is, like a few others, trying to stir the pot of discontent among Tiger fans. He knows that uncertainty will cause doubt in recruits minds. He has a Tiger pulse of 46%. Don't you know that anonymous posters can portray themselves as fans when they are really foes?

Because Im not a pumper I am a foe?

Dec 16, 2012, 9:37 AM

Look dude...you can sit there and wave your little dabo flag all you want but he had his chance this year to have some of us fans "All In" and he failed. Im in show me mode right now...if you don't like that then you simply ignore me and dont read what I write. Im NOT the only one who feels the way I do right now. Some of us are still up in arms about what has happened this season...maybe its ok with you to lose to the coots year in and year out but there are still some of us left who find it unacceptable.

Did you ever tell us your age ?? *****

Dec 16, 2012, 10:17 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you ever tell us your age ?? *****

Dec 16, 2012, 10:30 AM

Did you fully read my original thread?

Re: Did you ever tell us your age ?? *****

Dec 16, 2012, 11:04 AM

I thought I read it totally but must have missed that part. My apologies .

Here is the deal...

Dec 16, 2012, 10:18 AM [ in reply to Because Im not a pumper I am a foe? ]

if you are a foe, you are very clever. If you are a fan, you are not very clever. No Clemson fan likes losing 4 in a row to the coots. Say what you want, but recruiting is the main ingredient in winning programs.A program that is supported by its fans has a better shot at landng good recruits than one in turmoil. This constant belly aching by some of you does not help our program. Dabo is our coach. Until he is not, I support him, and you should too.

Re: Here is the deal...

Dec 16, 2012, 10:39 AM

Recruiting and coaching is the main ingredient in wins. Sure Dabo is recruiting but I haven't seen what I like to see in a coach yet out of him. As a matter of fact its night and day as to what I want to see in a coach. Every single year teams like Texas and USC load up on 5 star talent but yet look at the results. That is coaching and those coaches are not getting it done. Look at Alabama...they combine outstanding recruiting with outstanding coaching and they win championships. All I am seeing out of Dabo is being a figure head and cheering and that is not want I wanted to see in a head coach. We are a major university and no way should we have gone the route that we went. I believed all the hype to start with but not any more. I am in complete show me mode now. No more ra ra talk...I want to see real results not smoke and mirrors with wins over lesser opponents and losses to quality opponents. Im not saying he has to beat all the quality teams we play im just asking him to win SOME of them and at the very least to beat our rival from time to time. Thats all I ask.

Re: Here is the deal...

Dec 16, 2012, 10:45 AM

Blah blah blah go walk your dog.

What's our win-loss record?.....

Dec 16, 2012, 8:12 AM

If were 10-1 or 9-2 then NO I can't see firing Dabo.

You've been a Tiger fan for nearly half a century. The coots have never been this good in 100 years.

Our offense is as good as it's ever been. And it can get better. The D has got to make great strides for us to become an elite team.

I hate losing especially to the coots.

Look at Dabo's record compared to Spurrier's as first time college coaches. Throw out Spurrier's 3 years as pro head coach in Tampa and Dabo's half season head coach promotion. Almost identical.

I am 39. :)

Dec 16, 2012, 8:19 AM

not gonna lose 5 ina row

It may not matter what some of us may or may not want,

Dec 16, 2012, 8:39 AM

it's matters what the majority of the entire fan base may demand. Losing five-in-a-row will matter to a large number of grads and fans regardless of the season's record and regardless of the logic. And we can believe that extreme displeasure has already been conveyed to the BOT, President Barker, the AD and to Coach Swinney. And by the way I'm 65.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The reality is...

Dec 16, 2012, 8:50 AM

No matter W'S and L's there are two things that will decide if Dabo stays or goes. 1) Butts in seats and 2) What the major donors ($10,000+) say. It's all about the Benjamins. If the money keeps rolling in we could go 1-11 and he'd be fine. Period.

I really like Dabo and hope he and Clemson succeed but the reality is all about the golden rule " He who has the gold rules"

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, and I am soon to be 54 years old.***

Dec 16, 2012, 9:12 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some of you keep talking about 10 wins

Dec 16, 2012, 9:25 AM

Actually just the sound of that is impressive.....until you get down and start looking at who those 10 wins came against. This season we have 10 wins and have played 2....I said 2 quality teams and both have laid waste to us. When you look at it that way well that 10 wins starts to sound hollow...I call it the smoke and mirror effect. What will you say if we lay an egg against LSU? I will come on this board and gladly eat humble pie if we beat LSU but Im telling you right now that we aren't gonna beat teams like that while Dabo is here. He has had 4 full years to show me different and it just ain't happening. So go on with your 10 and 11 win stuff cause we all know its smoke and mirrors.

Dec 16, 2012, 9:28 AM

I'm 64 - been following Clemson since 1960 - and I say "No". I will pass on elucidation ...

If Dabo loses to the coots for the 5th time in a row he will

Dec 16, 2012, 9:35 AM

lose my support. The coots will probably already be lost three by the time they play us. They will lose to UGA, UF and they'll drop one road game that they don't expect to. We'll probably come into the game with a 9-2 or 10-1 record. If we lose to them again it will be bad because Dabo will officially be another John Cooper. On the other hand if we win, we head back to the valley the following season and will probably win that one too. If this happens then Spurrier is 5-5 against CU as a coot coach. That's no big deal, but if we lose next season and he is 6-3 against us with five in a row, then Dabo will lose the fans and he'll never recover. I am 32 years old!

If he losses 5th...I want Spur & let Dabo go there to see if

Dec 16, 2012, 10:04 AM

the real difference is in coaching ability & decision making for the next game..and if Spur wins again (6th)..then we fire Dabo and Spur must retire since he'll be about my age (70). Haaaa!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't think he will.

Dec 16, 2012, 10:01 AM

I'm 44 and as long as he's wining he's staying. Personally, I think he and the coaching staff will figure it out. It felt good to at least win the games that we were expected to win this year. That's a first in it self. I don't think we will go 5 in a row.

When our biggest concern is losing to or beating USuCk

Dec 16, 2012, 10:27 AM

we have become USuCk

Re: Don't think he will.

Dec 16, 2012, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Don't think he will. ]

Agree, not on one game. BUT, if we lose to LSU, UGA, and the coots, I do NOT want to listen to the SEC crap. That would be unbearable to the point that I think we should start looking at coaches that are available, just to be prepared for inevitable fallout. I'm 53 and attended my first game in the Valley in 1976.

Tigerroll 61

Dec 16, 2012, 10:37 AM

Get a clue buddy. The Clemson head coach has to deal with a lot more than beating one team.

It isn't primarily an issue of losing to them...

Dec 16, 2012, 10:33 AM

Although it is embarrassing, the fact is that the coot program is at it's zenith right now. Spurrier is a horse's ####, but he has brought the coot program to a level above where we are right now primarily due to the fact that he has a strong defense and depth on both lines that we don't have.

Losing to the coots is a symptom, not the underlying problem. Ken Hatfield also beat up on the ACC weaklings, but in the end he had to go because he failed to recruit well enough to make us competitive against quality teams. Dabo has the exact same problem. If Dabo cannot recruit and develop talent and depth on the lines, and if our defense isn't drastically improved in the next two years, he will have to go.

No, the USuC game has nothing to do with it.

Dec 16, 2012, 10:46 AM

At this point for Dabo to be fired NEXT YEAR, Clemson would have to have a complete breakdown close to what Auburn had this year.

BUT, even at 11-1, it's not gonna help his cause. Little circle jerkers that think Cu's program hinges on one game ? Those people just don't have a clue,have a problem seeing the big picture. A Clemson program on the rise will get back to where that game is meaningless and automatic.

One gamers and conference envy people remind me of deadbeat dads that don't want to pay child support. Think they're not obligated to take care of what they started. Clemson HELPED get this conference in crappy shape, it's up to them to help straighten it out. Worst comes to worse , Cu will wind up as part of an eastern division of the BIG 12 one day.

NO

Dec 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

I totally agree that losing to the ##### today is different than years ago. They actually have a strong program nowadays. Our team is on strong footing and it would be idiotic to make changes based on that one game. I was in school and attended the Orange Bowl against Nebraska. (a high point). I was also in school during the probation years (a very embarrassing time).

I love my school! I'm 50!

Dec 16, 2012, 11:55 AM

Yes, he should be fired if he loses 5 in a row. I'm 64 and have been a season ticket holder for 43 years missing only 3 home games in that time.

On a strong footing? Seriously?

Dec 16, 2012, 12:03 PM

With the defense we fielded this season, how can you say that? We are in a very tenuous position, and Dabo is rapidly approaching the do-or-die point.

Again... if our defense isn't strong enough by the 2014 season to prevent what the coots and FSU did to us in the second half of those games this season, please tell me why he should stay?

Two seasons... that should be the end of Dabo's leash.

9 or 10 wins a year, will keep Dabo's Job safe

Dec 16, 2012, 12:52 PM

Coot win or no coot win

Tiger pulse 46%. That says it all.***

Dec 16, 2012, 2:13 PM

Dec 16, 2012, 3:08 PM

Not just yes, but HELL YES!!!

No

Dec 16, 2012, 4:22 PM

Unless he beats fsu.

Re: No

Dec 16, 2012, 4:55 PM

the #6 will be more crucial. 2014 game will be the answer to whether dabo stays

Dec 16, 2012, 5:35 PM

If Dabo loses to USCe for a 5th time he will still be here unless he has less than 8 wins. With the talent we have and the experience we will bring in next season, Dabo should have at least 8-9 regular season wins if not more.

I am 24.

Dec 16, 2012, 5:39 PM

I agree with you,the tigers will get to 8..maybe 9 wins next year with the talent they are bringing in.

moot point...

Dec 17, 2012, 12:19 AM

CAUSE IT AINT HAPPENIN" JACK

It would be unbelievable to have that

Dec 17, 2012, 12:58 AM

happen. But, if he has good year and takes care of the conference by winning, he will stay

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 62
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic