Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: ESPN: ACC conference preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,279

Football Update: ESPN: ACC conference preview

Aug 24, 2012, 1:57 PM

ESPN: ACC conference preview

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Horrible BCS record. Good thing people here don't care

Aug 24, 2012, 2:50 PM

about what other ACC schools do. Who cares that no one thinks the ACC champ is worth anything even when it's us.

Some of us care...

Aug 24, 2012, 4:03 PM

The teams you play and the teams you beat matter. I wonder if we would have gotten to the MNC last year if we'd gone undefeated. My guess would be no strictly b/c we play in the ACC. With as much hype as the SECheat gets, I'd imagine the bammers would have gotten it ahead of Clemson. The conference is going to have to step up to start getting the benefit of the doubt. It would be nice to be able to lose one game and still be in the picture. No team in our conference has a chance with one loss.

Here's to the CLEMSON TIGERS getting some respect for the ACC this year! Now get after it!

GO TIGERS!!!!!

We would have been in the MNC if undefeated

Aug 24, 2012, 4:53 PM

but not with one loss, never with one loss. That is where the ACC would hurt us.

Re: We would have been in the MNC if undefeated

Aug 24, 2012, 4:57 PM

Auburn was hurt by their conference, it happens

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: We would have been in the MNC if undefeated

Aug 27, 2012, 9:06 AM [ in reply to We would have been in the MNC if undefeated ]

In most years, an undefeated Clemson team is a slam dunk to make it to the MNC. Certainly we would have last year. After 8 games, we were 6th and getting tons of love from everyone and his brother. Since all the teams in front of us lost once, if not twice, there's no doubt we would have been in that game.

That said, if we'd righted the ship after the Ga Tech game, I think we would have made a final 4, but under the BCS rules would probably not have made it. A lot of people would have cried foul like they did for OK State, but the argument that a team who only lost to the #1 team is better than another team who lost to a much lower ranked team.

It's not like our 'goodwishes,' make a difference.

Aug 24, 2012, 4:57 PM [ in reply to Horrible BCS record. Good thing people here don't care ]

MY CHITLIST:

ND
USCw
OSU
TEJUS
MICH
USuCk
GT
UNCheat
UcheaT
Everybody else in the ACC
Everybody else in the world

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: ESPN: ACC conference preview

Aug 24, 2012, 5:54 PM

I don't know what his name is, but that reporter next to Kirk is one stupid f*ck. 8 wins? C'mon now... Clearly we must've hurt his feelings somehow by destroying his beloved seminoles last year.

Yeah, I don't get that either. Minimum 9 wins.***

Aug 25, 2012, 9:31 AM

Re: Yeah, I don't get that either. Minimum 9 wins.***

Aug 27, 2012, 9:11 AM

Personally, I think we'll do better than that, but it's not a slam dunk. We could easily lose to Auburn, FSU, Va Tech, Ga Tech, NC State, and South Carolina. For us not to realize that going 2-4 against that group is a possibility is to fool ourselves. Now, we can also go 6-0 agaisnt the group, which at this point, I think is way more realistic than 0-6. However, 3-3 or 4-2 feels about right. As long as none of the losses is to sc-e, I'm okay with either of those.

Blackledge thinks Chad Morris will not have added anything

Aug 27, 2012, 10:03 AM

to our offense? Wow. The brain power is astonishing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,279
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic