Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I was out and about today.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 464

I was out and about today.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:00 PM

I found it fairly refreshing that so many people are wearing mask. Some of the stores I visited have hand juice which puts me in my comfort zone. I talked to several people none of which thought the virus is a hoax. I think just about everyone believes we're in a fairly serious battle.

It seems that with deaths, hospitalizations, IC and even those with symptoms decreasing as positive test results are climbing we will do right by continuing to reopen and nurse our economy back to health. Everyday the rate of death inches closer and closer to that of a regular flu season.

I heard one doctor say that the death rate for those under 21 is somewhere around .0008%. Schools should open on time this fall. Seems fairly ignorant to hold kids our of school for such a minor rate of fatality when we hardly ever shut schools for the flu which is so much higher.

The previous standard for infection rate required to reach herd immunity was about 70%. I posted a link to an analysis that concluded that we could reach herd immunity with a much lower rate of infection possibly even as low as 16 and no more than 40 something. I think everyone should wear a mask, the old folks like me should go the extra mile and the nation should return to work now.

I've concluded that Fauci and the rest of the 'health experts,' have only one reason to further push a lockdown. They return to obscurity as soon as they aren't needed anymore. The funny thing is, someone could have flipped a coin and given just as good advice as any of our 'experts.'

'Tell me, Dr Fauci, do we need you further?' "Not if you want to die!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was out and about today.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:38 PM

Sorry 88 but kids bring it home and possibly to grandparents. Plus teachers, bad mix

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grandparents stay away?

Jul 1, 2020, 9:56 PM

For some strange and illogical reason people think they...

Jul 2, 2020, 6:30 AM [ in reply to Re: I was out and about today. ]

are not going to get this disease. Unless one isolates himself from everyone until there are zero reported cases over some period of time which is yet to be determined they are going to be exposed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I was out and about today. ]

everyone will get it eventually, no point keeping kids out of school

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some medical experts say there is no evidence kids...

Jul 2, 2020, 7:38 AM

spread the disease. According to their reasoning unless someone is showing physical symptoms they aren't 'shedding,' the virus. If a kid is showing signs of the virus they should be kept at home. It sounds a lot like the flu when you see it like that.

I'm not saying this isn't more deadly than the flu but for heaven sake, the streets are filled with people who are screaming in other's faces and people are learning absolutely nothing from this. It's been going on a month now. Is anyone naive enough to think that the CHOP people were washing their hands 25 times a day, washing their mask sufficiently and daily for a month and practicing social distancing?

We're running an idiocracy here.

Jul 1, 2020, 9:43 PM

Last part is spot on. “Please, I’ll say whatever terrible thing you want as long as I’m on tv everyday “- lifelong bureaucrat

Let's break this down, shall we?

Jul 1, 2020, 9:55 PM

I found it fairly refreshing that so many people are wearing mask. Some of the stores I visited have hand juice which puts me in my comfort zone. I talked to several people none of which thought the virus is a hoax. I think just about everyone believes we're in a fairly serious battle.

I'm not some conspiracy theory virus denier. No bias here!

It seems that with deaths, hospitalizations, IC and even those with symptoms decreasing as positive test results are climbing we will do right by continuing to reopen and nurse our economy back to health. Everyday the rate of death inches closer and closer to that of a regular flu season.

Covid's not that bad.

I heard one doctor say that the death rate for those under 21 is somewhere around .0008%. Schools should open on time this fall. Seems fairly ignorant to hold kids our of school for such a minor rate of fatality when we hardly ever shut schools for the flu which is so much higher.

Covid's not that bad.

The previous standard for infection rate required to reach herd immunity was about 70%. I posted a link to an analysis that concluded that we could reach herd immunity with a much lower rate of infection possibly even as low as 16 and no more than 40 something. I think everyone should wear a mask, the old folks like me should go the extra mile and the nation should return to work now.

Covid's not that bad.

I've concluded that Fauci and the rest of the 'health experts,' have only one reason to further push a lockdown. They return to obscurity as soon as they aren't needed anymore. The funny thing is, someone could have flipped a coin and given just as good advice as any of our 'experts.'

'Tell me, Dr Fauci, do we need you further?' "Not if you want to die!"

Don't trust science or the CDC.

P.S. Covid's not that bad.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's break this down, shall we?

Jul 1, 2020, 10:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why didn't you just disagree and tell me why?***

Jul 2, 2020, 6:25 AM [ in reply to Let's break this down, shall we? ]

More succinctly

Jul 1, 2020, 11:53 PM

I'm totally taking this virus that had killed 100k+ seriously, but also f--k anyone who wants to take it too seriously.

Jul 2, 2020, 12:22 AM

In regards to schools starting back this fall, I think the repercussions of not starting back K-12 schools are far worse than most imagine. I’ve got a lot of teachers in my family. Anecdotal evidence for sure, but I think a lot of kids aren't participating in online learning. One of my kids told me that a particular class they were in was unruly. Teacher called to talk to him and told me he was the only one in his class that was doing the online assignments.

From what I’ve heard, the schools in poor areas have terrible participation in regards to online learning. Someone told me last weekend that only 30% of the kids in their school participated. Another teacher told me that some of the kids in their class looked awful in online meetings. For some kids, going to school is their only escape from a rough home life. Kids in abusive households don’t have get a few hours of peace and meals that are typically provided by schools. I think an entire year old no schools could have permanent/unforeseen effects on society.

Jul 2, 2020, 1:42 AM

It's a dangerous thing when laymen convince themselves they can 2nd-guess doctors because they don't like the cure.

i dont know anyone who thinks the virus is a hoax***

Jul 2, 2020, 7:36 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 7:59 AM

I think it’s hilarious that you have concluded that Anthony Fauci enjoys being on TV or is being disingenuous for some self gain. The guy is an 80 year old world expert and literally wrote the textbook for internal medicine.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dr. Fauci and other "health experts"

Jul 2, 2020, 7:59 AM

are, as you said, "health experts". They are not economic experts or business experts. They tell you what the virus is doing, and how you can protect yourself from it. It's up to government leaders to use that information to make good decisions on putting restrictions in place.

I'm sure Dr. Fauci and others would love return to "obscurity," where he has worked honorably for decades. "Obscurity" for them means there is not an active pandemic. Nobody wants that more than them, I'm sure.

Re: Dr. Fauci and other "health experts"

Jul 2, 2020, 8:20 AM

User Logo
TheProdigal
Hall of Famer [21135]
TigerPulse: 94%
Dr. Fauci and other "health experts"
Posted: Jul 2, 2020 7:59 AM

are, as you said, "health experts". They are not economic experts or business experts. They tell you what the virus is doing, and how you can protect yourself from it. It's up to government leaders to use that information to make good decisions on putting restrictions in place.

I'm sure Dr. Fauci and others would love return to "obscurity," where he has worked honorably for decades. "Obscurity" for them means there is not an active pandemic. Nobody wants that more than them, I'm sure.

lmao, fauci is a camera hog. he loves the attention. how he keeps getting picked for these gigs is beyond me. fauci was put in charge of coming up with the aids vaccine. how did that work out for him. the guy loves the limelight. he has been in it for a loooooooong time.

What a strange judgment to make about a person.

Jul 2, 2020, 8:48 AM

Are you saying he's calling up the news stations and Congressman, and asking them to put him on camera?

Re: What a strange judgment to make about a person.

Jul 2, 2020, 8:52 AM

HE'S NOT AN ECONOMIC EXPERT HE'S A CAMERA HOG DON'T YOU REALIZE THIS

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 464
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic