Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Thoughts About Recruiting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1

Some Thoughts About Recruiting

Apr 27, 2018, 7:35 PM

Recruiting is the lifeblood of any program. To us fans, and particularly those of us who relish every word about a recruit, whether true or just a rumor, it creates a mystery that quite often times leads to an elevated blood pressure. It is not unusual for the coaches to draw the ire of us experts when we view an offered prospect not worthy of that offer. And on the opposite end of the spectrum, we just can't understand why our staff does not offer Billy Bob Bugglestump who is a 5*****, and, in our opinion, a can't miss prospect.

There is another area of recriuiting that impacts future recruiting and rapoidly gaining widespread interest in our Tiger athletic programs. Our recruiting efforts at one time was concentrated in the Southeastern states and will continue to hold that distinction. The quality and quantity of telent in this area will continue to be the main source of our recruits. Now that our footbll program has reached an elite status, we have expanded our recruiting efforts from coast to coast. Our participating in the last three national championships has given us name recognition throughout the entire United States. This fact, plus an elite status, creates interest among top rated prospects and fans, something no amount of mere money could create. Many top rated prospects now seek an offer from Clemson. In past years we were merely a "no-name" school to those prospects from other parts of the country. Now we have the opportunity to "cherry pick" those prospects who meet the standards of our staff.

Recruits from other parts of the country result in more TV viewers from that area, thus, continuing to expand the Tiger footprint. This TV exposure, in turn, provides an opportiunity for highly rated prospects from all across the country to witness the Tigers in action and see 80,000 fans cheering the Tigers. That, Tiger fans, is an important recruiting tool.

We fans are prohibited from actively recruiting a prospect but there are other ways where our words and actions can be excellent recruiting tools. Our enthusiasm and support of our program is on display for all to see, including prospects. How we interact with fans of other schools can create a positive or negative impression. In essence, we fans, whether or not we are aware of it, we never know when our words and actions have influenced a recruits decision. Maybe the couple that just passed by our tailgate are the parents of a young man we are recruiting to Clemson. I experienced that many years ago.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some Thoughts About Recruiting

Apr 27, 2018, 8:49 PM

Love your posts. I didn't get the privilege of going to Clemson, but became a fan on my own ( I remember the 81 Orange Bowl on tv, but at the age of 5 I didn't know what was happening. I just remember all the Orange).

I've often heard about a Clemson Gentleman. You sir are a Clemson Gentleman.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Replies: 1
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic