Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Daniel Rodriguez invited to NFL mini-camp
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

FB Update: Daniel Rodriguez invited to NFL mini-camp

May 3, 2015, 3:43 PM

Daniel Rodriguez invited to NFL mini-camp

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Daniel Rodriguez invited to NFL mini-camp

May 3, 2015, 4:05 PM

mini camp, snicker.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 3, 2015, 5:37 PM

I'm sure it was for the publicity it might bring. just can't see him in the pros especially since he didn't get to play at Clemson because of "politics".....after all that Dabo and Clemson did for him....he's in the right place, Hollywood..

May 3, 2015, 6:03 PM

Absolutely nothing more than a PR move. Especially since it's the Redskins with their stupid mascot dispute.

May 3, 2015, 9:04 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Daniel Rodriguez invited to NFL mini-camp ]

I have to agree with you, and I was wondering the same. As far as I know, 99% of his playing time was in mop duty. IMO, that don't equal to NFL playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I suspect that will be a bust as well.***

May 4, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Daniel Rodriguez invited to NFL mini-camp ]

You are ignorant - "ragtop" - are you Iraqi or Iranian!

May 4, 2015, 3:24 PM

Read RISE and educate yourself - DRod is a true American Hero and a big Success from what he has been through and TO BOOT A CLEMSON MAN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why all the hate? As a Clemson man, I wish him well.

May 3, 2015, 6:47 PM

Special teams?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

with only a 53 man roster, NFL teams don't waste roster

May 3, 2015, 8:07 PM

spots on someone who can only play special teams. Those spots are filled by the 2nd and 3rd stringers. I definitely don't see a guy who can't break the 3 deep at Clemson doing so at the Redskins.

Wish him well also and never will understand the negatives

May 3, 2015, 8:37 PM [ in reply to Why all the hate? As a Clemson man, I wish him well. ]

that some posters can't help posting about former players.

the only negatives expressed about Drod are due to his

May 3, 2015, 10:21 PM

statement to the media that Dabo and co specifically played players with less talent and/or skill than him due to the politics of them being recruited and scholarship holders. That "hate" that he seemed to have expressed for a coaching staff that has shown nothing but support for him (see three straight jet sweeps on the goalline to get him a TD...) is what generates "hate" for him.

Coming from a Combat Veteran... Reposted from other story

May 3, 2015, 10:42 PM

I will not sit here and bash Daniel Rodriguez or his military service. While I've heard some negative things about him, I also understand where the negative feed back on him stems from. I wouldn't mind seeing him returning kicks or being a NFL player on a roster. However, the negative things that I heard about him if true need to be addressed by him with VA representatives. As I say, as a fellow war fighter I have all of the respect in the world for him as we have chewed some of the same turf, but it is no reason to be arrogant towards anyone. In case people are wondering what I've heard,

1. I've heard that he has been rude to Clemson fans that have requested pictures with him.

2. I've heard that he has disrespected females that he has dated on campus.

3. I've heard that he made a statement that he is better than Sammy Watkins at WR...

Now, bear in mind that I've never witnessed this in person, but I've heard this from reputable sources. If it's true then it is shameful and needs to be addressed. The normal person doesn't act rude or brash towards fans that want to take a photo with a football player. That just isn't normal. Also, there is absolutely no reason to disrespect a female at Clemson. Clemson men are supposed to be gentlemen.

I will say this much though, when we met in LOT14 he was very polite and respectful. He didn't disrespect me at all and even gave me his phone number. In my honest opinion he is a decent person, but maybe just a tad resentful towards life due to combat experiences. So if you all could, just lighten up a little bit. I mean, when you've walked a mile in his combat boots then you can make a statement about his character or his talents. Until then just sit back and wish the young man well. If he makes it in Hollywood or in the NFL then I will be more than happy for him. Heck it's better than the jobs that most veterans get when we come home.

Semper Fi,

Chesty

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: Coming from a Combat Veteran... Reposted from other story

May 3, 2015, 11:44 PM

DRod doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of making an NFL team. I also found him to be very disrespectful to the staff, to assume that he wasn't playing because other guys were on scholarship and they had to be taken care of. Give me a break. Drod was a huge liability on special teams, he had no business getting any more playing time than he did. Appreciate his service to our country- as I do all of our vets and current servicemen- but this is a football forum.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coming from a Combat Veteran... Reposted from other story

May 4, 2015, 2:39 AM

If this guy makes it or not, the opportunity is a once in a lifetime experience. It will only (PR) Clemson"s recruiting outlook. Our coaches has used many resources to enchance the overall drive for a successful football programs. Football is not all skill, physical, and strength. There are many mental aspects to the game as well. Once again, Clemson's coaches have used many resources to succeed or get the football program to the top tier of D1 college football. Every player has been Blessed to bring something to the table. Our coaches with continue to recruit and search for any edge to drive this team to the top of the football world. I'm sure Daniel just being on the sidelines was a motivating factor for many of his teammates not to quit when things seem down or got tough. There have been some player of other sports than football have found themselves on somebody NFL roster. Enjoy the opportunity and the experience Daniel. Goodluck. Just being there at camp will inspire and motive many of the present and future Clemson's players to keep driving for that golden opportunity that you have been Blessed with. GOD IS GOOD!!!

Curiously ...

May 4, 2015, 2:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Coming from a Combat Veteran... Reposted from other story ]

Curiously, the disrespected staff was still trying to find ways to get him the ball in the bowl game against Oklahoma ... why would they do that?

Because their characters aren't dictated by other people?***

May 4, 2015, 6:28 AM

this is true, coaches aren't controlled by players. My wife

May 4, 2015, 9:15 AM

has all the respect in the world for our soldiers and the sacrifice they make for our country. Therefore, DR was a favorite of hers when he arrived and she supported him the whole time he was here. She has NEVER gotten an autograph from a player but she bought his book and wanted him to sign it and thank him for his service. She said that he did not say hello, thank you, good bye....anything. She was so upset that she said she felt like telling him to just keep the book but she has more class than that but her opinion of him changed drastically that day. She felt that servicemen were taught better than that and she learned about DR that day.

Some "Must See" photos that totally SUPPORT all the D-Rod hate ...

May 4, 2015, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Curiously ... ]

NOT being friendly and outgoing with fans.

NOT getting congratulated by his fellow servicemen.

NOT feeling the love from his team mate on the field after scoring a TD.

NOT being included in post game celebrations after a win

NOT getting his degree from Clemson.

Re: the only negatives expressed about Drod are due to his

May 4, 2015, 8:14 AM [ in reply to the only negatives expressed about Drod are due to his ]

Was he on a football ship?

I have no problem with Drod except for his driving skills.

May 4, 2015, 5:57 AM [ in reply to Why all the hate? As a Clemson man, I wish him well. ]

Sometimes he puts his mouth in motion while his brain is out of gear. It's really nothing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have no problem with Drod except for his driving skills.

May 4, 2015, 8:16 AM

Name a person that don't

Which happens to everybody at some time.***

May 4, 2015, 9:47 AM [ in reply to I have no problem with Drod except for his driving skills. ]

matbe some of us have had some experience with DR that

May 4, 2015, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Why all the hate? As a Clemson man, I wish him well. ]

you haven't....read post below.

make that the post above...lol***

May 4, 2015, 9:21 AM

Read RISE - DRod is not only a big Success - but a HERO!

May 4, 2015, 3:22 PM

as well! I saw him play along Damiere Byrd at Medal of Honor Bowl and they looked very similar - did you ever see him drop a pass at Clemson? Remember all the star power he had to play only - think he would have been a star at smaller colleges...like Newberry, which had a linebacker drafted...WISH OUR CLEMSON MAN WELL! Whoever called him a "bust" is really ignorant!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't read his book.

May 4, 2015, 8:18 PM

But I am curious if he explains the selfie video that he shot in Afghanistan. That has always seemed a little wired to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which Character would D-Rod play in the Movie Platoon?

May 4, 2015, 7:47 PM

I say O'Neill.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic