Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Atheist Honk producer on ESPN
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,964

Some Atheist Honk producer on ESPN

Oct 6, 2015, 1:22 AM

just had to punch that button. Prolly getting an atta boy from their lawyers. Pagans had their New World "right" upheld: from being offended.

-Doc

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/86436/dabo-swinney-breaks-it-down-after-clemson-beats-notre-dame

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Christ. Nobody gets offended when players and coaches

Oct 6, 2015, 1:26 AM

thank God after the game. They ran the full interview right after it happened on SportsCenter. Christians trying to turn this into a persecution issue look like idiots.

Not that that is new territory for you.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As a believer

Oct 6, 2015, 1:28 AM

I tend to think this is silly.

No one was going to purposefully pull the plug on Dabo's speech because it's TV gold. Nevermind if he was thinking God, or Buddha or Krishna, or the flying Spaghetti Monster.... He's good TV. It's obvious it was a mistake or they would have gone to a commercial rather than a static shot of two dudes reading iPads.

Seriously, this is looking to get offended.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agreed thom

Oct 6, 2015, 1:33 AM

Well said

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

You Christians think everyone is out to get you.

Oct 6, 2015, 1:31 AM

Nothing in that article insinuated anything towards Dabo's beliefs.

You were reaching...and a swing and a miss.

Don't degrade the great Tesla with such drivel.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No we don't.

Oct 6, 2015, 1:39 AM

The most outspoken and quickest to judge are spiritual children. Until they start feeding our azzes to lions you won't hear me complain about persecution.

Most spiritual adults are similarly like-minded so please don't let the children be your only judge of Christians. We seldom come at anyone with accusations of persecution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's christian fundamentalists, not all Christians believe..

Oct 6, 2015, 1:59 AM [ in reply to You Christians think everyone is out to get you. ]

what the minority subsection of christian fundamentalists believe in. christian fundamentalists maybe the loudest and biggest attention seekers, but they are the smallest subsection of Christians in the nation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I FF through all ESPiN football shows.

Oct 6, 2015, 1:34 AM

I've stopped seven times to see Dabo's on the field interview. I also stopped and watch ESPiN's apology for the interview being interrupted.

My hate for ESPiN bull is deep and wide but I'm not blind or deaf.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They never hit that button with Tim Tebow...

Oct 6, 2015, 1:56 AM

Please don't bring in American christian fundamentalists phony persecution complex, into conversations about Tiger Football. There are plenty of websites across the internet for that. CJ Spiller thanked God last night, and they didn't cut him off.

Tesla was an atheist....

Oct 6, 2015, 2:10 AM

Here is a quote from 1937 six years before his death: "There is no conflict between the ideal of religion and the ideal of science, but science is opposed to theological dogmas because science is founded on fact. To me, the universe is simply a great machine which never came into being and never will end. The human being is no exception to the natural order. Man, like the universe, is a machine. Nothing enters our minds or determines our actions which is not directly or indirectly a response to stimuli beating upon our sense organs from without. Owing to the similarity of our construction and the sameness of our environment, we respond in like manner to similar stimuli, and from the concordance of our reactions, understanding is born. In the course of ages, mechanisms of infinite complexity are developed, but what we call "soul " or "spirit," is nothing more than the sum of the functionings of the body. When this functioning ceases, the "soul" or the "spirit" ceases likewise."

Not a statement any spiritual or religious person would make.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,964
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic