Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 771

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 11, 2019, 8:16 AM

Friday, nothing much at all. I don't even think an errand was run.

Saturday, up early to to go the Anderson Home show, then appliance shopping. Saturday night was dinner with Shorty and his sweet lady and Tote1 and his sweet lady. Shorty and his were then joined us for the Brent Cobb show. I was supremely entertaining.

Sunday, mostly lazy, went to Lowes to look at Tankless Water heaters and paint.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Caught a frickin monster

Feb 11, 2019, 8:20 AM

Friday - Fishing from 9:30-4:30....me and friend of caught 43 with this beast being 25 inches and 8.6 lbs. Also caught about 5 over 20 inches, one being 5.7 lbs.

Saturday - Kids birthday party at lunch and bunco (Obed®) in Clemson Sat night

Sunday - Church, cooked 2 delicious trout for dinner

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Caught a frickin monster

Feb 11, 2019, 8:26 AM

Where did you catch that?

Private property

Feb 11, 2019, 8:32 AM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soque_River

Oops never mind.

Feb 11, 2019, 8:48 AM

I figured you wuz up on the Chattooga.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think they grow that big in the Chattooga?***

Feb 11, 2019, 8:57 AM

Re: I don't think they grow that big in the Chattooga?***

Feb 11, 2019, 4:44 PM

They do. Hard to find though. The big ones like that are south of the Highway 28 bridge. The tastier ones are north of Burrell's Ford. Largest I caught on the Chattooga was a 24" brownie on a guided fly fishing trip with the guys at Chattooga River Fly Shop.

Took the GF on a backpacking trip from Burrells Ford, up past Ellicott Rock this weekend. We caught 4 trout and roasted them for dinner on some hot rocks by the campfire. Largest we caught this weekend was a 16" rainbow. The others were just under 14".

Also drank a whole small bottle of Blantons (375ml), and an entire bottle of Muscadine wine (750ml) at camp Saturday night. Hiking back Sunday was... interesting.

Only 12 miles round trip though, so not too bad.

NOICE. you up on section 1?***

Feb 11, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Caught a frickin monster ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's the best looking bass that I have ever seen!***

Feb 11, 2019, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Caught a frickin monster ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

meh, to quite meh

Feb 11, 2019, 8:21 AM

left work early and had a lemonade stand with oldest offspring. she raised about $69 for the new shrimp boat thing for the playground. lots of neighbors and kids came and helped and contributed. pro-tip for lemonade stands, just accept whatever donation instead of fixed pricing. people will drop $5 for a cupcake and a lemonade.

saturday was soccer tournament for Rotary. at C of C stadium all day. they had a softball tournament and some girl from VT mangled her knee pretty darn good. pizza and early to bed

sunday sorted through some laundry, made a pile for charity and tossed some smelly old drawers. really wanted to just drink beer and fall asleep on the couch, but stayed on my good clean living track.

Solid 8/10

Feb 11, 2019, 8:21 AM

Went to Jester King and Picked up a few bottles on Saturday.

Sunday, spent the day cleaning and working on things around the house. Low key and enjoyable.

Jester King has an amazing line up of brews.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:10 AM

But you already know that.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I snagged some Atrial Rubicite last week.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:32 AM

This week, I picked up a bottle of Even more metal.

If memory serves, I had the Metal on tap at the brewery.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:49 AM

Everything I tried there was excellent.

I may bring a few bottles with me to the spring game...

Feb 11, 2019, 10:17 AM

Depending on whether or not I elect to bring the traveling bourbon circus to town.

Not bad

Feb 11, 2019, 8:22 AM

Friday: never can remember

Saturday: up, relatively early, headed to Cootlumbia for my daughter's scokker matches. Messed around and did NOT get a triple double, but first in in almost a year egtting to see her play. Legit thanks to Tharealdonjuan for making this happen. Defrosted on the way home because dat wind chill. Watched the Spurriers on the AAF.

Sunday: Up, milled around, went into work for a few hours, came home watched more AAF, couldn't fall asleep, so running on caffeiene and fumes

all in all, seeing daughter play scokker made it a 12/10

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers won but I didn't die.

Feb 11, 2019, 8:24 AM

Fri - nada

Sat - Got up to a cold shower. Water heater went out. Replaced 2 elements and a thermostat and back to normal. Hit up Rick's Pizza for dinner (Rick sold it to a guy named Mo and went back full time into construction. Menu has some new additions, but the pizza was still good. Plus $2 Rolling Rock drafts)

Sun - Chilled, watched golf at Pebble beach

2/10 cause I had to fix the water heater.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 11, 2019, 8:25 AM

Just got a little exercise over the weekend, just walking far due to back. I watched some basketball of course. I made some good meals. Cleaned the house. Then watched this movie, which I thought was good.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_rider

meh...

Feb 11, 2019, 8:28 AM

Friday - daughter-of spent the night at fraunds, son-of off playing, so met wife-of at Sullivan's Anderson for dinner. Corn/Crab chowder was dang good, chicken scallopina was meh. Wife-of's steak was good and chess pie for dessert was really good.

Saturday - my 3rd-4th grade BB team got worked. 1st loss as a coach in any sport in 3 years. Was not pleased. Son-of's BB team rolled their opponent and son-of scored and pulled 11 boards, so that was good. Spent rest of day fuming about loss and strategizing about next practice and game. I may have a slight competitive issue. Watched the Clemson BB game on DVR and that eased the pain a bit.

Sunday - no church like heathuns 'cause wife-of has strep. Cleaned, planned some more for BB team, watched some of the AAF game (not bad). Wife-of felt better and wanted to hit lobsterfest at Red Lobster (I kid you not)...place had a wait at 430pm. FML Had the shrimp tacos and the crap legs from wife-of's order...as much as it pains me to say...it wasn't that bad. Bed by 9.

In summary, Clemson BB win good, 3rd/4th grade BB loss terrible.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty freaking good

Friday: Don't remember

Saturday: Daddy-Daughter dance and the facebook school I use to work at. Went well. Daughter of had a blast. Drank way too much afterwards.

Sunday: Sister in law took the kids all day. Had supper at her house afterwards. I think she was trying to poison me. I've taken 4 Imodium in 12 hours and still got the squirts. 2 locks me up for 3 days.

3/4+squirts

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

ok, i guess?

don't really remember Fri....not sure why. Don't think I drank.....wait, yeah, had 2 beers. Still don't remember.

Sat, haircut & errands in the morning...thought I was getting dragged to a couple's baby shower (which, I DID, technically, buuuut), however it was just 2.5 hours of food & drink & talking to some friends....no games or any actual baby-showery stuff. Even left with a few cigars....Overall, it was a win. Went to Tipsy Taco afterwards. Stayed up WAY late, watching the UFC fights, and doing taxes

Sun...slept in WAY late...didn't do much other than go into the office for 2.5-3 hours in the mid afternoon. Got doods at the house NOW installing wrought iron balusters, so we had spent some time last night configuring the pattern we wanted...Continued taxes for a bit, realized that my itemized stuff (even with a shitton of expenses getting old house rental-ready) prob won't come near the newly increased standard deduction. I'll still input everything I've got left, just to see....I've got all our income in, and it seems like we'll be getting back a min of a couple grand. First time in a few years, so dat's 'nice' (yeah, I know...interest-free loan to the gubmint, etc...)

6/10...not for anything bad, just for nothing especially great....I'm (perhaps wrongfully, since Monday) docking a point because of a post-shower brown-down this morning

Mostly excellent, but with moments of panic and disarray.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:07 AM

Friday, took a half day and stopped by Academy on the way home to look for a new pair of shoes. I needed a decent pair to wear out since all of my athletic type shoes are fairly trashed from beating through the woods hiking with the pup. Academy was having a clearance sale with a take an extra 50% off of the clearance price and scored a $90 pair of Merrell trail runners for $20. Got home and took a nice long walk with the pup. As soon as I got back to the house I had a frantic call from the office with a customer emergency, so had to run back and solve that. Got home just in time to make our planned 5:30 departure to Charlotte to go see BJ Barham (from American Aquarium) solo show. The show was PHENOMENAL. Always a treat to chat with him after a show...he dropped out of NC State to start American Aquarium and he always remembers Joonyer and I as 'those Clemson guys'. Had dinner at Billy Jack's Shack across the street from The Evening Muse afterwards and the food is excellent.

Saturday, got up and hit the coffee pretty hard. Got moving enough to do chores, then over to RH Mom's for a visit, then back home to watch Clemson basketball. I was wary about letting them draw me back in, but they held up their end of the bargain so we're back together again on a trial basis. More chores after the game, then long hike through the woods. Found a glass half gallon milk bottle and Canada Dry Ginger Ale bottle from the 1940s in pretty decent shape. Back to the house for a quick bite, then gathered bass and beer and off to jam out some LOUD rock and roll with the boys. Played from 7-12 and had some stellar moments and struggled on a couple of new tunes we're adding keyboards to. Had a great time as usual though.

Sunday, sinuses were bothering me all day, so I wasn't as motivated and functional as normal. Got a few things done around the house, but left a bunch of other things I intended to get done undone. Made a grocery run, then came home and did something I almost NEVER do...took a nap. I've just never been a nap person. Mrs. Tig got her mom home from rehab and was over at her mom's house most of the day. She woke me up when she came home, got everything she needed since she's going to stay over there for a few days and make sure she's getting on OK, and then she was back out the door. I walked the pup, made a deep dish mini pizza for supper because quick and easy, drifted in and out for a couple of hours of TV in the Big Chair. Watched Walking Dead, and it looks like it could get creepy again, so I'm interested to see where it goes. Drifted in and out and Talking Dead before finally giving up the ghost and crashing.

After reviewing the film, Rivals gives the weekend 4 stars, 247 Composite gives it 4 stars, ESPN only gave it 3 stars, but I was shocked to see that it got 5 Tigernet stars and rumor is that Mackey is going to blog about it next week.

If you are up for a Wed. night show, BJ is going to be

Feb 11, 2019, 9:24 AM

at Radio Room on 02/27.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I probably won't make that, but you should GO.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:55 AM

His solo shows are incredible. He tells more stories than does songs, and it's intensely personal. He's one of those artists that totally exposes himself...you'll laugh, you'll cringe, and you'll connect with him like nobody you've seen in a while. Remember we got a dose of that when opened for Hayes Carll...but this on another level.

Fine. Just fine.

Feb 11, 2019, 9:12 AM

Fri - started the day right with redhead things. Chiropractor, then golf. Beautiful weather so the place was packed. Called it a day after 9 holes, drank a few beers.

Sat - played golf with brother, friend, and son. Chilly and played like poop. Went to Mardi Gras in downtown Aiken, had some jambalaya which was good. Taproom had Hopslam on draft. Ended up going over to friend's house later, stayed up WAY too late drinking beer, playing pool, and throwing darts, but was fun.

Sun - slept in. Tired af. Didn't do a whole lot. Took daughter to bookstore. Met friends last night for pizza.

Not bad/10, but tired today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Ok. Stayed in PA. Didn’t go home. Visited Beaver Stadium

Feb 11, 2019, 9:23 AM

, the PSU campus, and downtown State College.

At Beaver Stadium, I wasn’t able to see inside because all gates closed. From the outside, it reminded me of the Swamp in Gainesville.
The campus was a little like Clemson just much bigger.
The town was like a cross between Asheville and Morgantown...a lot going on and with the mountain terrain.
Hit some bars for dinner and read a lot.

7/10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BEAVER! BEAVER! BEAVER!***

Feb 11, 2019, 9:24 AM

No support for a BEAVER! chant in the Lunge? disappoint.gif***

Feb 11, 2019, 11:22 AM

Re: Ok. Stayed in PA. Didn’t go home. Visited Beaver Stadium

Feb 11, 2019, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Ok. Stayed in PA. Didn’t go home. Visited Beaver Stadium ]

Sounds cool.

it came to PSU and Clemson for me...saw PSU months before CU

Feb 11, 2019, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Ok. Stayed in PA. Didn’t go home. Visited Beaver Stadium ]

loved the town, just thought it was too big.

Got to Clemson, and was like "hey...lookadat!"

*came DOWN to...***

Feb 11, 2019, 10:53 AM

My doods, you wanna see some hotties

Feb 11, 2019, 9:27 AM

go to Costco on a Sunday morning. I did this weekend. Deer lawd. The giggle in dis one fine bitch's ### will haunt my dreams. Had those danger eyes too like you know she'd ride you into the ground.

Sorry not sorry for no pigs.

Or Target any morning.***

Feb 11, 2019, 9:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes this is true, the main difference though is that

Feb 11, 2019, 9:31 AM

with Target, some of those girls might actually be girls still (CS02 types).

Costco was all grown ### wemmins.

pigs of sweet ladies?

Feb 11, 2019, 9:51 AM

Butt seriously, I have seen TOTE1 sweet lady already. Is Shorty sweet lady a normal height person?

Friday walked the dog on dike and it was fun. Went to Nick's for brews and ate there. Besides their fries, the food is just ok.

Got up early on Saturday and walked the dog across both dikes and did a big circle. Went to Greer to hang and with my parents and brother and sister and had a great time. Got Mutt's BBQ and it wasn't bad. The brunswick stew was tasty. Did a bunch of vodka shots so I didn't have to drive back to Clemson. Took the dog for a walk again and then went to Charleston Sports Pub for dinner. I like this place, good food and $2 Hamm's beers. Passed out.

Got up Sunday and had a good walk. Drove to Athens and picked up my Stay Gold from Creature Comforts that I reserved. Got home and drank one. Good cloudy/hazy IPA. Kept drinking and hung with the dog outside. Made bfast for dinner and eventually went to bed.

Wood do again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ironically the Charleston sports pub in Clemson is

Feb 11, 2019, 10:58 AM

better than the one in Mt Pleasant.

everything I had so far is pretty good

Feb 11, 2019, 11:13 AM

soft pretzel, stuffed jalapeno poppers are hand made, fries, totchos, fried pickles...

Hmm, now that I think about it, I am not sure that I had an entree yet

Wife likes their tacos and shrimp po boy

Feb 11, 2019, 11:21 AM

I couldn't get her up to go anywhere yesterday though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Feb 11, 2019, 9:56 AM

Friday - picked up kids from in laws at noon, played, naps. Top Golf, got hammered with a bunch of buds.
Saturday - swim lessons for son, took kids to kids museum. watched Clemson win. BOOM!! Bowling league fun, got hammers
Sunday - took son to Legoland. Took naps, went to grocery, grilled out in the snow.

10/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome

Feb 11, 2019, 10:49 AM

knew I was going to be a grandfather, found out we are expecting a grandson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Big meh

Feb 11, 2019, 11:08 AM

Friday--Got our drugged dog home from the vet after getting him snipped. Weird they took his balls, but left the ball sack. Whats up with that? Now he has this big empty sack he's toting around. Does that go away? Weird. Later installed a new schlage keyless wifi remote door lock on the front door. Do like. Ordered another one for the back door.

Saturday--Went to Georgetown to look at a 3500HD Duramax 4x4. Tried to trade, started the back and forth with the manager, and got within $750 and I called it. I don't understand--I gave in like every time, they just stayed where they were but once. I think they dropped it like $500. Anyway, no 3500 HD in the driveway. Sat on the couch the rest of the day watching netflix or something.

Sunday morning had to get up a few times to take the dog out cause he's all stoned on pain meds, so I ended up napping all day on the couch. I didn't get up and start moving until about 4 pm, and it was glorious.

This weekend was a solid 1/10. Nothing really accomplished except not working like last weekend.

Decide the 2500 wasn't quite big enough?

Feb 11, 2019, 11:25 AM

Or planning on bumping up into 30'+ center console?

I didn't try very hard, but the one 2500 I found they wouldn't budge at all. Trucks are selling good right now, I guess.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The price was right, so I thought.

Feb 11, 2019, 3:26 PM

It had low miles too. I don't think there is any difference between the 2500 and 3500 except the rear springs.

3500 HD Duramax. Is that a TV or a truck?***

Feb 11, 2019, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Big meh ]

Its a high def diesel

Feb 11, 2019, 3:25 PM

HTH

worked on fence Sat and Sun

Feb 11, 2019, 11:10 AM

got more done this weekend than I did in 10 days off during Christmas (because weather was FINALLY decent even though it drizzled yestiddy). Rebuilding some dilapidated/overgrown fencing around the house. Portion of it was covered in honeysuckle vines that had grown all twisted around and through the wire. What a pain in the butt trying to unwrap and not kill the vines (cause NOTHING in the outdoors smells better than honeysuckle does).

Sore as eff today.

Watch our football game three times and...

Feb 11, 2019, 12:09 PM

ESPiN has still not gotten the NCAA to take our Championship away and bestow it upon Alabama cause 'Bama is the GOAT!'

Shopped and ate some good home cooking.

10/10 and will do it again if I live another week and ESPiN doesn't talk the NCAA into believing that we didn't play fair cause beating the hail out of their favorite team asz is unfair.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm still sick. Diddy PAW is back in the hospital. DEM NATTIES DOH!!!

Feb 11, 2019, 12:36 PM

10/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must have had the flu

Feb 11, 2019, 3:24 PM

Hope you are and Diddy Paw are better soon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

extend brownwell***

Feb 11, 2019, 12:42 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

be careful with lowes i went there to see about tiling a

Feb 11, 2019, 5:14 PM

floor in one of my slum castles. old flooring already taken up just needed tile put down.
they said they would have to get all kinds of test done for lead paint. told them i wasn't tiling the walls said i'd have to pay for testing. told them to ef off

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome. Everyone was recovering from the flu.

Feb 11, 2019, 5:46 PM

Which meant RELAXATION.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 771
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic