Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So,getting Spurrier & lots of SEC TV money got Coots past us
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

So,getting Spurrier & lots of SEC TV money got Coots past us

Apr 21, 2012, 10:50 PM

"finally" in last several years. Is that what the true story is about the 3-peat in the series? Or could you add the new conditioning program...or maybe even better players back then (not now).

What say you?

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, having lots of SEC money certianly didnt hurt them

Apr 21, 2012, 11:13 PM

but they certianly have been a better team than in years past, its not like theyre still fighting for winning seasons and beating us

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Kevin Steele put them ahead.

Apr 21, 2012, 11:22 PM

With Steele gone, we are back in the driver's seat.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“I had learned not to care. I blew a few smoke rings, remembering those years. Pot had helped, and booze; maybe a little blow when you could afford it. Not smack, though. …”

If they beat us this year, then what?

Apr 22, 2012, 6:53 AM

Steele's defense played well against them in 2010. Chad's offense was able to make only 2.6 yards per play last season.

I think the problem is elsewhere.

Their OL and DL destroyed us.***

Apr 22, 2012, 8:30 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Their OL and DL destroyed us.***

Apr 22, 2012, 9:50 AM

True. And clemson had a senior-dominated line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball (6 starters all together plus 3 top reserves). Carolina, on the otherhand, returns most of their starters. Thus, Carolina returns more experienced and more talented linemen. As all football coaches will tell you, games are won at the line of scrimmage.

Re: Their OL and DL destroyed us.***

Apr 22, 2012, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Their OL and DL destroyed us.*** ]

and we have done NOTHING to improve our S & C program!! we can all expect another #### whipping this year and every year until we get our S & C program improved!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all mobile qb's gave us fits, we put plenty of pressure

Apr 22, 2012, 10:37 AM [ in reply to Their OL and DL destroyed us.*** ]

on shaw. we had people in the backfield all day. letting them (and alot of others)convert on third and long beat us. they have lost ingram, who was the catalyst of their d-line, creating openings due to demanding double-teams (look at where he is projected in the draft),the usuc d will not be able to overcome the loss of ellis johnson and ingram.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So,getting Spurrier & lots of SEC TV money got Coots past us

Apr 22, 2012, 12:23 AM

Not any more than it got NC State past us, or nearly let Wake past us, or let USF tear us up, or cause Boston College to pop us in the mouth; it didn't make WVU turn the Orange Bowl into their own 40-yard dash festival. . . .

We have had some issues with wobbling, and when it was in full tilt, Daniel high could take us to the woodshed. We've been killing ourselves the last three years, but hopefully that's been resolved. I believe it has, and I think I'm as excited about no longer being GT's biotch as I am with the impending closing of coot beak.

And we get both of them in the Valley this year!***

Apr 22, 2012, 8:36 AM

Better players on D last few years plus Jeffery much better

Apr 22, 2012, 7:47 AM

than any of our DBs in 2010.

Gilmore, Allen, Ingram, Clowney more talented than anyone we have on D.

They lose all but Clowney. Are we catching up? You can't say yes until we beat 'em on the field.

Message was edited by: josephg®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier is the only reason. All the money in the world

Apr 22, 2012, 8:29 AM

doesn't mean squat without the right coach.

Once he is gone, problem solved - they go back to stinking.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier is the only reason. All the money in the world

Apr 22, 2012, 9:44 AM

Spurrier had a losing record against Florida State when he was at Florida. Besides, counting on Hyman to make a poor football hire is a roll of the dice. He was the AD who promoted Gary Patterson to the head job at TCU. Based on that, Hyman has a good eye for football coaching talent.

Apr 22, 2012, 9:29 AM

I couldn't give a fat rat fanny sparkle fk. what THEY or any of them say. On the Orange side of the ball, we have been replacing a lot of NFL types of players. All schools go through what we call a rebuilding process. With us or any other team, this doesn't happen over night. To help us/Clemson on the finishing touches. We play the coots in the Death house Valley this year. The coots or any other team that comes to the Valley of Death this year. They will leave the exact same way everybody left last season. With their tails tucked between their legs, with a loss on their record. For the record, it is what it is. And when it comes to the coots, It Is Personal!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2012, 1:31 PM

Where we have out recruited them at WR and LB they have out recruited us at DL/OL/and RB. Also, while Ellington is an elite RB we do not have much of a power running game. That said I have great faith in brooks/Caldwell and I think if we put points up early it could be a long day for them in the valley. I'm already saying my prayers that it won't be a noon kick!

So, is it consensus it's HC Spur, better linemen or SEC?!

Apr 22, 2012, 2:42 PM

Just saying..it's got to be something to be "whipped" 3 out of 3...while we've had CJ, Parker, Harper, Allen, Sammy, Nuke, etc...and a few good D players too.

Are our guys just not getting up for the "Big" in-state game, or what.

I believe it's a combination of Coots having:

1. A more experienced HC at this time (really like Dabo and what he's doing..especially maturing more as a managing HC, and his recruiting abilities).

2. Better linemen on both sides.

3. Their team "seemingly" wanting the game more, and play up to their potential more than Tigers have.

4. SEC money has brought them more funds faster to upgrade throughout their program...to strength program, to stadium, to salaries, to keeping assistant coaches, to expenditures on equipment, etc.

5. Clemson being in the ACC...and overall schedule doesn't give us a chance to play some of the more talented teams that SEC has on a week-to-week basis...especially better/faster D's.

6. Clemson BOT, President, Administration & others not getting on board collectively (until recently) to show we were in the football "business" big time (have lived on the perception we were for way too many years).

7. Who knows?!

8. But things are changing for the better in Tigertown..and more wins are in store for the faithful Orange fans.

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they beat us this year, then what?

Apr 22, 2012, 3:28 PM

Let me point out that when clemson ran against scar it was almost 5yds a carry average. Chad got pass happy from a play calling stand point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: If they beat us this year, then what?

Apr 22, 2012, 4:17 PM

i'll point you on that. but, you know the "firing" squad will not like the fact that we didn't get pushed around to the point of not being able to do nothing against nobody.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Other Sports Boards - Rivalries
add New Topic