Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA Approves Patches for Uniforms
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 80
| visibility 1

NCAA Approves Patches for Uniforms

Jul 31, 2020, 7:33 PM

I wonder if the NCAA will include a patch for “Blue Lives Matter.”
I’ll bet at least one NCAA athlete has a law enforcement officer in their family that they would like to honor.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA Approves Patches for Uniforms

Jul 31, 2020, 7:44 PM

Not getting why they'd open this can of worms. I mean patches period. Who decides what you can and cant wear. Seems unnecessary

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 7:52 PM

I think it screams "us too!" Complete B.O.S.! Cowards and followers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 7:55 PM

and every patch that gets a negative tweet gets pulled never to be seen again

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The articles say there was no rule

Jul 31, 2020, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: NCAA Approves Patches for Uniforms ]

It came up and they had to address it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 8:09 PM [ in reply to Re: NCAA Approves Patches for Uniforms ]

Agree , that should be voluntary.

People like to denigrate

Jul 31, 2020, 7:53 PM

social justice as an insult, especially ignorant people. The term originates in the Catholic church, and they interpret it to include a wide range of issues including some that a lot of the aforementioned fockers harp on. Abortion is one. So I think the NCAA will have to allow any patch that isn't outright hate speech (swastikas, MAGA, etc.)

Re: People like to denigrate

Jul 31, 2020, 7:55 PM

Conveniently, anything the Left doesn’t like, such as making America great again, is deemed “hate speech.”
Nice.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Social Justice:

Aug 2, 2020, 1:10 AM

Burning down black-owned businesses, looting stores, eulogizing felons, shooting innocent bystanders...

I'll just stick with the "reg'lar ole justice" if that's o.k., or not o.k. with you.

Jul 31, 2020, 7:57 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

do they include their own issues of those they've been unjust to?

They do, at least now

Jul 31, 2020, 11:07 PM

In the past, not so much.

Jul 31, 2020, 8:40 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

AOC you left one out BLM as hate speech

It might be

Jul 31, 2020, 11:03 PM

I'm not really focused on it like the white grievancers are. I'm fine with my place in the world and don't need to begrudge anybody else.

and yet you included MAGA as "hate speech"?

Aug 1, 2020, 8:31 PM

what a f*cking liar you are, sir.

####, do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth.***

Aug 2, 2020, 12:38 AM

so you're going to try to intimidate me with gay slurs?

Aug 2, 2020, 2:36 AM

lol... you must be 14 years old. I haven't seen that in years. You need to catch up on your Office reruns to make sure your putdown list is "up to date".

lofl

Who said gay?

Aug 2, 2020, 10:18 AM

I assumed you were having a bad day with the change of life.

Where exactly do the Liberals get Liars like you?

Aug 2, 2020, 7:52 PM

Is there a special set of rocks somewhere where they dig up under?

Re: so you're going to try to intimidate me with gay slurs?

Aug 4, 2020, 12:21 AM [ in reply to so you're going to try to intimidate me with gay slurs? ]

Get a room coots!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Homophobic? Niiiiice***

Aug 3, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to ####, do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth.*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2020, 8:49 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

Wow...

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Is this an anti-Catholic post?

Jul 31, 2020, 10:13 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

It feels like an anti-Catholic post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Jul 31, 2020, 10:32 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

Really MAGA is hate speech?
Wow..
You really have no clue!

Wait a couple of years

Jul 31, 2020, 10:56 PM

wearing a MAGA hat will be close to wearing a swastika. Not the same, but very close.

Not even close

Jul 31, 2020, 11:43 PM

I realize you’re a master baiter but go read some history books. You should be ashamed of your own ignorance in making that statement.

It’s part of the white supremacist uniform

Aug 1, 2020, 12:49 AM

King cheeto and his followers will be known as a stain on America for a generation. Just pray we never have another one as bad.

Re: It’s part of the white supremacist uniform

Aug 3, 2020, 12:07 AM

You realize that the American economy was the strongest it had been in decades. That black and minority unemployment was at an all time low in the history of US. The trade deficits which reached an all time high under Obama were had migrated back in favor of US hundreds of percent which created mullions of jobs, where companies like Chevrolet, Walmart, Google, etc were bringing high paying factory and or tech jobs back to US instead of farming China, India, Malaysia but not only that but putting pharmaceutical back in a better controlled American environment with regulations being added requiring better prices to Americans.

No you don't know any of this because the bat-crazy left wing media doesn't promote good and great accomplishments of our gov't nor Trump, it only promotes hate and false narratives, slander and stories of their agenda!

You sir that types anything saying that our President is anything like the Nazi regime is seriously uneducated and mis-informed. And unfortunately there is a sizeable facet of america that have bought into ignorance and can't think for themselves.

Sometimes I wish the Purge was real.

You do know that’s all false about the

Aug 3, 2020, 1:04 AM

economy don’t you? The GDP numbers don’t really lie like King Cheeto does, so why for ####’s sake do you quote a liar.

Might wanna check your facts...

Aug 3, 2020, 1:38 AM

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-states/gdp

African-American unemployment hit a record low in December. The unemployment rate for black Americans is currently 6.8 percent, the lowest level recorded since the government started keeping track in January 1972.

And he's also right that the Hispanic unemployment rate is down a point over the last year — it was at 4.9 percent in December, down from 5.9 percent in December 2016. That is close to a record low, though it's also up 0.1 point from November.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/08/576552028/fact-check-trump-touts-low-unemployment-rates-for-african-americans-hispanics

This is fact checked by NPR. Its VERY common knowledge... For most.

THIS!!!?

Aug 2, 2020, 11:46 PM [ in reply to Wait a couple of years ]

I have seen it typed many times and I might have typed it once but I was wrong!

There can't be a stupider, more ignorant post that can be written! I am amazed at your ignorance Mr. Archie. Not sure you just type something to get a response but if you actually believe what you type, you have lost your mind. I hope you are not rich like Soros!!

That’s Dr. Archie for you***

Aug 3, 2020, 1:05 AM

Re: That’s Dr. Archie for you***

Aug 3, 2020, 5:12 PM

Dr. of what????????

Wow..
You really have no clue!

Wow..
You really have no clue!

LMAO MAGA is not hate speech***

Jul 31, 2020, 11:52 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LMAO MAGA is not hate speech***

Aug 1, 2020, 5:43 PM

Now he has a point in that the communist leftists could deem it hate speech although that is furthest from the truth. Propaganda from the left nut cases will try to make it that way. It's up to the opposition to make BLM the hate speech symbol

Re: LMAO MAGA is not hate speech***

Aug 1, 2020, 5:43 PM [ in reply to LMAO MAGA is not hate speech*** ]

Now he has a point in that the communist leftists could deem it hate speech although that is furthest from the truth. Propaganda from the left nut cases will try to make it that way. It's up to the opposition to make BLM the hate speech symbol

MAGA is hate speech?

Aug 2, 2020, 10:05 AM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

So “Make America Great Again” is hate speech?

Are you kidding, or just nuts?

MAGA isnt hate speech. It is however a Leftist dog whistle

Aug 2, 2020, 8:47 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

for revealing insanity and mental illness of those who think it hate speech.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really hope you are a troll

Aug 2, 2020, 8:59 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

If you really think MAGA is hate speech, let alone in the same category as swastikas, you are one of the most ignorant people on the planet.

You won’t dare to wear it a year from now

Aug 3, 2020, 12:42 AM

Especially if more proud boys are filmed beating people while wearing the hat before and after the election.

How is MAGA hate speech? You lump it in with swastikas?????***

Aug 3, 2020, 5:18 PM [ in reply to People like to denigrate ]

How long before NIL allows to athletes

Jul 31, 2020, 8:41 PM

to sell their patch space?

Sure there are several charitable/social organizations that would like to see their logo on players like ETN / Trevor.

Nobody here seems to understand NIL

Jul 31, 2020, 11:00 PM

the players can soon make money from their name and likeness - but not using anything from the school including a uniform or logo. DJU will be able to appear in ads, but not in Clemson gear and the ad can't mention Clemson. That's the catch most people seem to have missed.

Confederate flag?

Jul 31, 2020, 9:31 PM

I hope someone wears the Confederate patch. LOL

We know that's not going to be allowed.

Wh would an athlete want to associate with losers?***

Jul 31, 2020, 9:41 PM

Marxists are such winners***

Jul 31, 2020, 11:54 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Laughable that some Southerners hold on to the confederacy

Aug 1, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Wh would an athlete want to associate with losers?*** ]

...not only did they lose but they were traitors to the very same USA that they beat their chests for and get so offended when an athlete knells during the anthem.

Yet, being a traitor and trying to tear it apart over slavery is somehow to be lauded and revered?

Pure hypocrisy. But we know what is really going on.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Traitors? geez... The South didn't "betray" the USA

Aug 1, 2020, 8:37 PM

they sought their right to disassociate from the USA. They argued so in the Senate for over 30 years.

Given that the original Union was Federalist in nature and required consent of the Individual Colonies, it's hard to see why anyone would infer the requirement that the association be so for all time.

In fact, I think if you look in the Declaration of Independence you'll find plenty of applicable wording.

I find it difficult to believe that in the here and now 150 years later that people still lie about what happened. Unbelievable.

Good God man

Aug 2, 2020, 12:44 AM

what the #### are you smoking.

it's called the Law, #######

Aug 2, 2020, 2:32 AM

I'm sorry it doesn't agree with your leftist wingnut agenda.

And oh by the way, you can feign "arrogance" as much as you want, but it doesn't mean people still don't recognize you as a ####### (cause they do).

You swallowed the Lost Cause propaganda

Aug 2, 2020, 10:15 AM

hook, line, and sinker. Worthless ######.

Well Arch, you're so knowledgeable

Aug 2, 2020, 7:50 PM

Please show me the Wording in the Constitution or Declaration of Independence, or in any supplementary materials from those days, that says the "Colonies" were to be giving up their Independence for all time?

Be my guest.

And do please, call me any name you like while you waste time looking for what is not there.

Well we know there’s nothing in the original

Aug 3, 2020, 12:38 AM

Are you looking at the original Constitution or the current version? If you read up on the republic of texas at the time of secession, you might understand something beyond the propaganda.

However, if you were to read the document that came between the declaration and the constitution, you might really learn something. You know, the document that the constitution sought to improve on by making us a more perfect union. When you find the relevant part, report back, dipstick.

again, I am just asking for the words which confirm your

Aug 3, 2020, 12:52 AM

position. I don't care if you pull it from the Declaration of Independence, The Articles of Confederation, or the Constitution and any of its Amendments.

I'll also provide that you can pull it from any associated works of the time these were created.

As for Texas, or the Supreme Court at the time of and after Secession, I could care less. That's 75 years of Politics after the original Documents were signed.

Quite frankly I #### well hope that one or two more States try to pull out again and soon.

Then you aren’t a real American***

Aug 3, 2020, 12:55 AM

And pretty #### lazy, it would seem***

Aug 3, 2020, 12:57 AM

so now you're deflecting because you can't support the

Aug 3, 2020, 1:05 AM

position?

Whatever - call me all the bad words you want. This is the last time I'll waste time on a degenerate like you.

Just read the first few sentences

Aug 3, 2020, 1:11 AM

It’s in the ####### second sentence.

OK, this lazy ###### isn’t going to explain it

Aug 3, 2020, 1:37 AM

so I will. The original 13 colonies formed the United States with the Articles of the Confederation. In that document, they agreed to a “perpetual union” of the states (and Canada, if it chose to join). Perpetual means “permanence in time,” not “until I no like it.” The Constitution revised that union, preserved a lot of words and principles from the Articles, and gave more power to the federal government. It didn’t completely undo the USA and start a new country. Technically, some states could have stayed behind, but that was never going to happen. After it was clear the minimum number were going to ratify, NY agreed and the remaining holdouts jumped aboard. NY dominated the othe states under the Articles and lost most of that power with federalism. The “perpetual union” was not undone because of a new governing document.

so sad, Arch, that you read & report ONLY that which you

Aug 3, 2020, 10:42 PM

want. The Articles were even more Federalist than the Constitution itself - so much so that they needed to be replaced completely because the Federal Gov't under the Articles was too weak to lead.

"Article 2: Asserts the sovereignty of each state, except for the specific powers delegated to the confederation government: "Each state retains its sovereignty, freedom, and independence, and every power, jurisdiction, and right, which is not by this Confederation expressly delegated."

Article 3: Declares the purpose of the confederation: "The said States hereby severally enter into a firm league of friendship with each other, for their common defense, the security of their liberties, and their mutual and general welfare, binding themselves to assist each other, against all force offered to, or attacks made upon them, or any of them, on account of religion, sovereignty, trade, or any other pretense whatever."

LOL - Each state retains Sovereignty and independence. A firm league of friendship.

WTFH are you talking about. Only a greedy f*cking Tyrant would try to twist those words into something they were not supposed to be. But after the North won the Civil War there were a lot of Greedy F*cking Tyrants circling like sharks in Government and on the Supreme Court.

Now, you and all your f*cking Reparations Buddies are scared to death the Golden Goose is going to fall apart before you get paid.

F*ck you and the Tonka Truck you rode in on, and everybody like you as well. See ya, Pumpkin - I ain't writing no more - you're too stupid and corrupt to engage.

You really are a ####### idiot***

Aug 3, 2020, 11:14 PM

Postscript: I really hope you aren't my kid

Aug 3, 2020, 11:18 PM [ in reply to so sad, Arch, that you read & report ONLY that which you ]

I wasn't very careful in the 80s and 90s. But this would be a mother-fucking shame.

Re: You swallowed the Lost Cause propaganda

Aug 2, 2020, 8:04 PM [ in reply to You swallowed the Lost Cause propaganda ]

The Tiger that thinks MAGA is hate speech

What a joke.

Aug 2, 2020, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Traitors? geez... The South didn't "betray" the USA ]

Traitors plan and simple.

Let's go back to the secession of the US from England. Had they lost, traitors in the history books.

Civil war is over and the South lost. Get over it.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

RE Lee, JEB Stuart and all the

Aug 3, 2020, 12:54 AM

other military leaders did take an oath to the US and were definitely traitors. Some others kept their oaths. I had two great-greats that I know of who were conscripted and had to fight. Traitor might not be the right word for them, but it’s not going to offend me.

Liberals are the most intolerant and illogical azzholes ever

Aug 3, 2020, 12:59 AM [ in reply to What a joke. ]

I could care less about the Civil War. wtfh? Where does that come from, your little narrow minded view of Southern people?

I am simply referring to the fact that this is a Union of States who have their own laws and their own Constitutions. It's actually a very simple thing. You know, when it came to Gay Marriage, it was the States that had to make it so, each one in its own time. That's called States Rights.

And since the Colonies had the Right to agree to the Union, then they should (and do) have every Right to dissolve their portion of the Union.

I'm sorry you control freak Liberals can't wrap your wee little brains around those simple consistencies.

You have the gay marriage issue wrong

Aug 3, 2020, 1:19 AM

Once one state legalized gay marriage, it meant that a marriage in that state had to be recognized in every other state. That’s what the “full faith and credit” clause is all about. No state ever had the right not to recognize a marriage from another state. Now the issue never made it to SCOTUS, but it is a very simple Constitutional principle.

simple principle that you botched completely***

Aug 3, 2020, 5:07 PM

Just because you don't agree with it doesn't make it wrong

Aug 3, 2020, 9:27 PM

full faith and credit was part of the articles too

Re: You have the gay marriage issue wrong

Aug 3, 2020, 5:19 PM [ in reply to You have the gay marriage issue wrong ]

We got you now. Being gay is a sin but one of many. I am not sure if it's worst than murder or not.

Re: Laughable that some Southerners hold on to the confederacy

Aug 1, 2020, 8:45 PM [ in reply to Laughable that some Southerners hold on to the confederacy ]

When u say southerners u are talkin about me! I played football at Clemson and I’m proud of where I’m from! If u don’t like the south get the hell out! People can’t choose where they come from! The only hypocrites are the intolerant fools screaming racism! If u want to scream racism and hypocrisy u need to go to the graveyard! All those people are dead! I’m not a racist and don’t need to here your garbage! The only racist is u!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Line by line idiot

Aug 2, 2020, 8:12 PM

"When u say southerners u are talkin about me! I played football at Clemson and I’m proud of where I’m from!"

What does you playing for Clemson play into this argument? Also, pride - awesome word for people who actually care about the bible. Look it up.

"If u don’t like the south get the #### out!"

When did I say I don't like the South? This is the jargon of a simpleton. You sir.

"People can’t choose where they come from! The only hypocrites are the intolerant fools screaming racism! If u want to scream racism and hypocrisy u need to go to the graveyard! All those people are dead! I’m not a racist and don’t need to here your garbage! The only racist is u!"

Where do I start? You're an idiot.

Re: Line by line idiot

Aug 2, 2020, 10:18 PM

I could care less about what u think! Obviously u are so proud of yourself u think u are the judge! Judgement is for God! I can beat down your self righteous Ignorant BS all day with the Bible! Being as how this is a Clemson Sports Board and I played at Clemson I would say I have just as much right here as u do snowflake! You are quite smug with your assertions! Your first statement was pure ignorance! I bet u watch fake news! You can Whine all u want to but I’m done with u! Go Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 1, 2020, 6:43 PM

I would guess it's BLM or something similar with no other options. Similar to the NBA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The wording is "to celebrate or memorialize

Aug 2, 2020, 11:04 AM

people, events, or other causes." Each one has to be approved by school and conference. Christian Wilkins' number was his grandfather's birth year. CJ Spiller got in trouble for putting the initials of his church under his eyes. They could now put the grandfather's/church's name directly on a patch or on where their name usually goes on the back of the jersey. Expect to see a lot of different patches.

How about "You can't spell suck without usc"***

Aug 1, 2020, 7:55 PM

They’ll look like nascar drivers

Aug 2, 2020, 8:20 PM

Sell every square inch

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder if a John 3:16 patch gets approved?

Aug 2, 2020, 8:45 PM

Or perhaps a "thats not a fetus, stupid, its a baby" message on the jersey, will that be approved?

Re: Wonder if a John 3:16 patch gets approved?

Aug 3, 2020, 11:32 PM

I don’t post much but this thread is appalling. Since when does TigerNet allow radical leftists, marxists, and antifa apologists on this site?i thought we were a #### proud America, and southern site dedicated to all things our Tigers!!!

Aug 4, 2020, 6:10 AM

Some of the latest rules allowed by the NCAA is bad for college athletics. It shows they don’t have the brains to put together a coloring book. They are idiots. These patches are going to be bad for college football.

I just wonder if we will ever see anything similar to what college football once was. It’s really tragic what is happening to the world in general.

I knew at some point the financial bubble was going to bust but it saddens me that it had to happen while Clemson had become one of if not the best football program in college football. I wonder how many NC’s we could have won if the GF incident had not happened and if the Covid 19 had not hit around the world.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 80
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic