Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Soccer sucks!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1,682

Soccer sucks!

Jun 26, 2014, 10:04 AM

I hope the USA wins but I could care less. It's fun to play but just sucks to watch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Soccer sucks!

Jun 26, 2014, 10:06 AM

I dont even find it fun to play. If my grandkids arent playing I pretty well dont watch it. boring

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

about equal with baseball***

Jun 26, 2014, 10:07 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: about equal with baseball***

Jun 26, 2014, 10:08 AM

It's as bad as watching Clemson baseball

Re: about equal with baseball- all I know is

Jun 26, 2014, 10:11 AM

the stores were Leggett's for years until our slide began and suddenly the became Belks. Coincidence? I think not. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: about equal with baseball- all I know is

Jun 26, 2014, 10:12 AM

I'm in the Pee Dee they always been Belk

Re: Soccer sucks!

Jun 26, 2014, 10:15 AM

Baseball is so much worse

agree, I would rather watch bowling***

Jun 26, 2014, 10:25 AM

PDW is quite entertaining

Jun 26, 2014, 10:37 AM

"WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!?!? I AM!!!"

Still don't know what the h3ll he was talking about when he said that... but, whatever.

And wearing those kick@ss shades while bowling. So cool! Until the cosmic bowling starts and he shoots a 142 as a result. But at least he still looks cool!

~JKB

You suck too!!***

Jun 26, 2014, 10:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: You suck too!!***

Jun 26, 2014, 10:40 AM

I was expecting that response from you like 30 minutes ago. Must have been at a meeting or something important? You got the opportunity to watch the USA game live today?

~JKB

Yea, have another one soon too.

Jun 26, 2014, 10:52 AM

My boss decided today at lunch would be a great time to have a corporate wide Electrical group meeting...

I'll be watching it live on my iPad while not paying attention to the meeting. Might get fired today, wish me luck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Yea, have another one soon too.

Jun 26, 2014, 10:56 AM

But the only reason you are watching is because it's USA not for the fut ball I hope that chit sucks.

I admire your courage good sir

Jun 26, 2014, 11:17 AM [ in reply to Yea, have another one soon too. ]

A firing is worth it if we win the group.

If you really understand the game....

Jun 26, 2014, 11:33 AM

it definitely doesn't suck and is alot of fun to watch. There is a reaon why soccer is by far the single most popular sport in the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: If you really understand the game....

Jun 26, 2014, 11:35 AM

But about last in the USA

I'm not so sure about that...

Jun 26, 2014, 11:44 AM

The sport has grown immensely in popularity over the last several years. With the explosion of youth soccer and the influx of immigrants in to the US, there is no reason to believe that it will not continue to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not so sure about that...

Jun 26, 2014, 11:49 AM

The increase in players maybe but unless it's team USA nobody really cares.

I respectfully disagree with your assessment....

Jun 26, 2014, 11:55 AM

and jusdging for the thousands of young guys and girls across the country playing club/travel soccer, not to mention the parents who spend a significant amout of amoney annually for them to so so, I suspect they woud all likely disagree with you as well.

Re: I respectfully disagree with your assessment....

Jun 26, 2014, 11:59 AM

All I am saying is that Soccer is fun to play but it's just not fun for Americans to watch. The Pro teams in the USA don't draw lots of fans.

That's because most older American weren't raised on soccer...

Jun 26, 2014, 12:03 PM

and they don't fully understand it.

It is also part of the reaon the US national team was so bad for so long. We just didn't have the talent pool from which to draw in order to compete with the well-established teams around the wrold.

When I played at Clemson back in the early to mid 80's the difference in the skill level of the international players was remarkable. Of course, they had all been playing for 12 to 14 years with good coaches while most of us Americans had been playing MAYBE five years with coaches who knew very little about the game.

Re: That's because most older American weren't raised on soccer...

Jun 26, 2014, 1:16 PM

I played a lot of soccer in my younger days back in the 90s. I went to a prep school to play basketball. I played soccer to stay in shape.

I was 14 when I started playing....

Jun 26, 2014, 1:23 PM

Most coaches had no idea how to coach soccer fundamentals so the coaches just made us run alot. Consequently, we didn't always have the best skills but very few teams were better conditioned.

Re: I was 14 when I started playing....

Jun 26, 2014, 1:41 PM

Yea it was just run run and run we ran 3 miles before practice about every day. Then just split up and scrimmaged .we had a few players there on full rides that went on and played DI. But those dudes where from other countries .

Re: I respectfully disagree with your assessment....

Jun 26, 2014, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Re: I respectfully disagree with your assessment.... ]

You are 100% incorrect. The Pro teams do draw well
Average Game attendance last season

Seattle Sounders FC 44,038 Most games sold out
Los Angeles Galaxy 22,152
Portland Timbers 20,674 Every game sold out
Montreal Impact 20,603 Every game sold out
Vancouver Whitecaps FC 20,038
Houston Dynamo 19,923
Sporting Kansas City 19,709 Every game sold out
New York Red Bulls 19,461
Real Salt Lake 19,219 Every game sold out

San Jose, Toronto. Columbus and Philly sold out just about every game also.

It's the most popular sport in the world because

Jun 26, 2014, 6:05 PM [ in reply to If you really understand the game.... ]

all it takes for kids to play is something round you can kick. (Like a cheap ball, a sheep's bladder, or the skull of your dead enemy--which is how it started.)

And, now, for a moment of, "DUH!"***

Jun 26, 2014, 12:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 26
| visibility 1,682
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic