Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Soccer is boring
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Soccer is boring

Jul 31, 2018, 2:17 PM

Nuff said!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Soccer is boring

Jul 31, 2018, 2:18 PM

RED CARD !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Just bc you don't enjoy it doesn't meant that it's boring

Jul 31, 2018, 2:38 PM

Coach Noonan and Radwanski are doing a fantastic job with the teams. We also have great soccer in the area with Greenville FC and ATL United not too far away. I went to the ATL-Seattle game a few weeks ago and there were over 76,000 fans in attendance...not sure they would agree that soccer is boring. The fact of the matter is that Soccer and ESports are 2 of the largest growing sports in the country. Everyone has preferences on what they enjoy and that's OK...we don't have to all be interested in the same sports.

1.3 billion people think onions taste good

Jul 31, 2018, 2:47 PM

1.3 billion people are wrong

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: 1.3 billion people ..........

Jul 31, 2018, 3:21 PM

.....are bored.

Hold up a second here, putting aside the fact that soccer

Jul 31, 2018, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Just bc you don't enjoy it doesn't meant that it's boring ]

really is boring and not a real sport, did you just refer to "ESports" as a sport? Because it's not. It's a bunch of dorks playing video games. Those dorks aren't athletes, they are not engaging in a sport, they are staring at a screen and pushing buttons on a controller. I don't want to hear this Shyatt about dorks playing video games being a sport.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Doubtful you'd say that to this athlete's face...

Jul 31, 2018, 4:52 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Doubtful you'd say that to this athletes face...

Jul 31, 2018, 4:55 PM

Bisha29 thinks that is a well-tuned athlete

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Fox had an ESports match on this past Sunday.

Jul 31, 2018, 5:00 PM [ in reply to Hold up a second here, putting aside the fact that soccer ]

Two teams of 5, and 8 of them were 100 pound Asian boys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're just a bunch of little dorks that got

Jul 31, 2018, 5:05 PM

beat up by the real athletes in school so they formed a little video game club and now they try to call it a sport.

Jul 31, 2018, 3:55 PM

I've said this often over the years- one little change could fix it. Kill the offsides penalty.

I would argue the most exciting play in football is the long TD pass. Imagine if Tee Higgins, after busting a move and getting a step on the defender, had to slow down to let the defender have a step before TL could throw the ball. That's soccer's offsides penalty.

Same thing with basketball. To make it like soccer, you'd have to kill the shot clock, kill the over and back penalty, kill the goaltending rule and basically eliminate the fast break. Who'd watch that?

You know what else would fix it? Change the ball so it's

Jul 31, 2018, 4:53 PM

no longer round, make it the shape of a football. Then make the field 100 yards long and put the players in full pads. Then change the rules and allow them to use their hands and hit each other. Then install goal posts instead of those stupid goalie nets they use. Then make it so there are 11 men on offense and 11 men on defense. Set up defensive lines and offensive lines, create positions like center, quarterback, halfback, defensive tackle, linebacker, cornerback, etc. Also have a 3rd group of 11 players called special teams who only come out on the field for kickoffs, punts, field goals and extra points.

Change the scoring from 1 point per goal under the status quo to 6 points for a touchdown, 3 points for a field goal, 2 points for a 2-point conversion and 1 point for a successful extra point.

I think that would really start to fix soccer.

You may be on to something...

Jul 31, 2018, 8:15 PM

...maybe.

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Offsides in soccer

Jul 31, 2018, 5:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Soccer is boring ]

Is more like the lane violation in bball. Without it, there would just be dudes camped out by the goal. You can still bust a move and beat a defender, just have the ball with you.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2018, 3:57 PM

I do not agree. But I, like most of the world, know the sport

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who gives a crap what "most of the world" thinks?

Jul 31, 2018, 4:48 PM

We're Americans. America first!

Jul 31, 2018, 4:50 PM

play it and see how boring it is, esp as goalie

Hey there commie, you ever hear of 1776?

Jul 31, 2018, 5:01 PM

We declared our independence that year so we wouldn't have to put up with England's taxes and their stupid sports. That's why God gave Americans the power to invent baseball, basketball and football. He wanted us to give her majesty the finger and tell her to shove it.

Re: Hey there commie, you ever hear of 1776?

Jul 31, 2018, 5:16 PM

Lots of jose's in the great American past time

Wow, racist much?***

Jul 31, 2018, 5:18 PM

Re: Wow, racist much?***

Jul 31, 2018, 5:51 PM

my hate is spread pretty evenly.

So that makes it ok to post racist comments on the internet?***

Aug 1, 2018, 8:22 AM

Re: Hey there commie, you ever hear of 1776?

Jul 31, 2018, 5:26 PM [ in reply to Hey there commie, you ever hear of 1776? ]

commie, really, sad sad ...

Re: Soccer is boring***

Jul 31, 2018, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Soccer is boring ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Playing soccer

Jul 31, 2018, 5:12 PM

Was fun, but I rarely watch it....but I'd rather get beat by a garden hose than watch a baseball game.

I was going to read your post,

Jul 31, 2018, 6:11 PM

but fell asleep when I heard the word "soc.........zzzzzzz

Goallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Jul 31, 2018, 8:12 PM

when you can hear that once a game? Watching soccer is like those old electronic vibrating football games where the players would vibrate all over the field going in circles,

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic