Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Soccer Mom Designed Those Helments
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,006

Aug 3, 2013, 9:13 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Soccer Mom Designed Those Helments

Aug 3, 2013, 10:30 AM

My thoughts too. It's not possible to take the potential of injury out of this game. Players participate knowing it can happen, just like soldiers know they could be seriously injured or killed doing their jobs. It goes with the territory.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2013, 10:45 AM

Earnhardt says hello!!!! Bet he wishes the restraint system was in place before his accident.
Some of you 'experts' slay me with your knowledge.

Aug 3, 2013, 11:17 AM

Its not like humanity has been known to over react, knee-jerk, nothin' like that.

Aug 3, 2013, 1:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Soccer Mom Designed Those Helments ]

I dont think he is saying much to anybody actually.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2013, 3:07 PM

I think you are right, actually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2013, 2:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Soccer Mom Designed Those Helments ]

I was a huge D.E. fan, and he was a warrior. I don't know whether he would have liked the restraint system or not, but the way he drove throughout his career, even with broken ribs, etc., I doubt he would have been in favor of the restraint system (although I have driven one of those cars a couple of times and the restraint system isn't all that bad to deal with, IMO, although I never drove one without it, so I can't make a comparison), but I don't know his thoughts. I only can speak for myself, but I knew the roughness of the game, and I still chose to play. I've had 2 knee surgeries, I now need a replacement and I also wake up with a sore neck everyday. It was my choice. It's the price one pays to chase a dream. If you like the ideas they are trying, that's fine, but don't dis. those who like the way the game has been played.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,006
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic