Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sobering
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 510

Sobering

Jan 24, 2017, 10:08 PM

https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/824025272643186688

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I'm checking my personal history data base...

Jan 25, 2017, 6:44 AM

and recalling the late 1950s when I became self aware.

It seems there was a time during that period when I realized Russia spoke belligerently of the USA. Then came the month of October in the year 1962 when that threat became a focus of sobriety even to children. I relived the terror of that moment in Sep 2001 when I realized Russia wasn't the primary threat anymore.

We have China by the rocks and we need to form that same economic alliance with Russia and any other country that has nuclear capacity. If we can't form that relationship with them we should remove their nuclear capabilities because Trump is not the only leader who can destroy the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm checking my personal history data base...

Jan 25, 2017, 7:02 AM

I'd rather partner with Western Europe.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

We definitely need to control every country on the planet...

Jan 25, 2017, 7:37 AM

with economic power. Trade and diplomacy are preferable because no lives are lost. One way or the other we need to drive this car to control our destiny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2017, 7:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm checking my personal history data base... ]

Wha? Western Europe is a Country?

We all need to take geography again.

Jan 25, 2017, 7:53 AM

All the countries in Western Europe are our allies.

Throw in the southeast pacific sans North Korea.

It takes two to tango.***

Jan 25, 2017, 7:38 AM [ in reply to I'm checking my personal history data base... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fine.

Jan 25, 2017, 8:21 AM

We just need to determine the music and lead by turning the world into our bich.

Jan 25, 2017, 7:44 AM [ in reply to I'm checking my personal history data base... ]

So are we going to watch Russia take over Ukraine and Eastern Europe again, and beyond?

I'd rather think that...

Jan 25, 2017, 8:25 AM

building economic relationships with those countries along with Russia might deter aggression. If that doesn't work perhaps maintaining some nuclear arms in the region might be a good deterrent.

Russia is still a bigger threat than Al Qaeda as far..

Jan 25, 2017, 8:07 AM [ in reply to I'm checking my personal history data base... ]

as the big picture and damage that can be done. North Korea s also a bigger threat. On 9/11 radical Muslims hijacked planes and 2 huge buildings came down where we lost close to 3,000 people that day. That was a tragedy day, one that shocked the nation, but in the big picture is a mosquito bite to a great nation like the USA. The original poster was talking about something much more massive.

We know who has nuclear capabilities now.

Jan 25, 2017, 8:34 AM

We also know that one of those nations, NK is probably going to share with Iran which is oil rich and fully capable to purchase and develop nuclear capabilities. That is the terrorism I expect to face someday. They are know exporters of terrorism and should not be allowed to join the nuclear community.

Trump is not a threat to our security. That is economically ridiculous. His wealth grows with America's wealth. Nuclear war will not grow our wealth.

The OP considers Trump without considering Trump's god which is wealth.

Which is why he's trying to remove sanctions against Russia.

Jan 25, 2017, 9:01 AM

He wants to reward his creditors and enhance the financial interests of Putin and his henchmen and subsequently his financial investments in Russia. It's not in the US's best interest and it's not in the best interest of Europe. It's all about Donald, as you suggest.

The weakening of NATO plays right into this narrative. Look for him to pick a fight with Angela Merkel, the defacto leader of Europe, in an effort to further delegitimize NATO and the European's commitment to Russian sanctions.

He has already changed the Republican base's perceptions of Russia and sanctions and has caused them to be more supportive of Putin and Russian interests in the region and the world.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reagan changed my view of Russia.

Jan 25, 2017, 9:12 AM

I trust Russia about as far as I can throw it. That's the same distance I can throw China. That doesn't mean we should drop sanction and it doesn't mean we should drop our guards.

There's one remedy to prescribe for all our troubles with friends and enemies, America becoming energy independent. That will suck the life from Iran and others in that region, Russia, China by driving the value of their oil down. It will make the Europeans love us by driving down the cost of their energy consumption which will make their economies flourish along with ours.

Which is why they are fighting in Syria. The Russians and

Jan 25, 2017, 9:36 AM

Iranians want to control where the oil and gas pipelines to Europe will be built and who will have control over them. The new pipelines could be a major competition to Russian energy exports to Europe if they and their allies don't have control over the pipeline via it's route through the Middle East. Currently, Europe gets much of their oil and natural gas from Russia, which is the leverage that Putin has over Europe and has limited their response to Russian aggression and hegemony.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is? Trying suggests action.

Jan 26, 2017, 3:50 PM [ in reply to Which is why he's trying to remove sanctions against Russia. ]

I've seen him say he was open to the idea, but the most recent comments said that Obamas sanctions would remain in place for a period of time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What ever happened to 'keep you friends close....'***

Jan 26, 2017, 4:44 PM

Party on. It's going to be so good. I'll tell you.***

Jan 25, 2017, 6:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you skeered?***

Jan 25, 2017, 7:58 AM

Y'all do understand that he can't just go launch a bunch of

Jan 25, 2017, 11:26 AM

nukes on a whim whenever he wants to, right?

RIGHT?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

a) You've gone off the deep end.

Jan 26, 2017, 3:32 PM

b) C'mon, admit it. You've never voted Republican in your life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"There's No Fighting In The War Room": Which Movie?

Jan 26, 2017, 3:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcW_Ygs6hm0

Having lived through the Cold War and having to know where Nuclear Fallout Shelters were located in my youth..not too worried

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Sobering

Jan 26, 2017, 3:44 PM

UH EVERY PRESIDENT HAS THAT POWER. WHAT IF HUSSEIN OBAMA HAD JOINED UP WITH HIS MUSLIM BUDDIES AND HAD ALL AMERICANS KILLED.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hate when an American president does that.***

Jan 26, 2017, 4:45 PM

Re: Sobering

Jan 26, 2017, 4:48 PM

Ut oh, Corona, Tequila and Kahlua would cost more.

Replies: 24
| visibility 510
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic