Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey BB Lovers...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Hey BB Lovers...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:35 PM

Please tell me again why BB is such a great X and O coach?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don’t have time to explain it to ignorant posters like you...***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We don’t have time to explain it to ignorant posters like you...***

Feb 18, 2018, 6:06 PM

Poasting is unlikely to be the only thing he is ignorant about .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'll tell you why.

Feb 18, 2018, 3:37 PM

Because we are without our starting forward and starting point guard, and our two guards had a poor day shooting, and we STILL had a chance to win with under two minutes left against Duke. The same Duke with more five star players on their current team than we have ever had. A Duke team that is ranked #12 nationally, top 10 in RPI, and second in the ACC.

If that isn't the mark of a good coach, I don't know what is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I'll tell you why.

Feb 18, 2018, 3:50 PM

And a Duke team with more stars on their bench than our starters...

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We miss Mitchell and Grantham. It's not much more

Feb 18, 2018, 4:44 PM [ in reply to I'll tell you why. ]

complicated than that. And you're right, we were there right up until the end.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

No thanks, we would need to teach you basketball

Feb 18, 2018, 3:39 PM

first or it wouldn't make any sense

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey BB Lovers...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:40 PM

What y’all are saying is mostly correct but please explain why he took the hottest shooter on the floor out and sat him the rest of the half and it was at the 10 min mark?

I hope someone on our staff asks B.B. that question.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It because he's a briliant X & O Coach

Feb 18, 2018, 3:44 PM

Do we even have to ask why he does anything he does?

We definitely aren’t looking at you for anything that makes

Feb 18, 2018, 3:47 PM

sense!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I try never to question someone that knows way more

Feb 18, 2018, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Hey BB Lovers... ]

than me but I hope that question is asked also. Did he get hurt? Sick? Was a strange move when he had 10 points in about 6 minutes and doing good on the board and defense also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I try never to question someone that knows way more

Feb 18, 2018, 3:58 PM

Thank you, my sentiments exactly. I can’t say too much either because have never coached bball but something must have happened for that move.

He only played 3 minutes the second half. I mean I appreciate the effort the team did with two best starters out and your best shooter having a horrible offense game.

I’m proud what they accomplished this season but it does make you question some of the stuff B.B. does at times.

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You notice overall we have played better this year?

Feb 18, 2018, 3:44 PM

That's because it's not magic. Our talent is better, but when we're injured or don't have the talent we have issues. By the way, if our talent improves next year, CBB's x's and o's will look better again. You remember when Kevin Ollie won the National Title at UCONN in 2013-14 in his first year with Calhoun's players? His x's and o's looked awesome. Well he can't recruit and is under .500 for the 2nd season in a row. CBB is doing well with what we have and he is upgrading recruiting and the system with transfers and better true frosh.

So you're saying...

Feb 18, 2018, 3:46 PM

the first 7-8 years BB has been here, he can't recruit or coach?

But now, he's figured it out, but wait, against FSU he had 3 fouls to give and what?

He saved them for another time???

Plus couldn't get ball inbounded, up 4 <1min to go w/ ball.***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:50 PM

Re: Plus couldn't get ball inbounded, up 4 <1min to go w/ ball.***

Feb 18, 2018, 3:57 PM

Guys, it's hopeless. The sunshine pumpers are the same crowd that thought Tommy Bowden and Tommy West were good FB coaches.

I am the farthest from a sunshine pumper.

Feb 18, 2018, 5:26 PM

Guys like you are just ignorant. I would have probably fired CBB years ago. Before this season it was obvious we would be better due to depth and recruiting. This particular season we are doing well and if you follow it closely, you can see where we will be better. Is he just the bridge to the next coach in a few years to take us to the next level, maybe? There is no reason to complain this season. As far as Tommy Bowden, I always thought he was average, but he was good for a bridge to the next coach. It worked out well I would say.

Yeah I am saying he recruited poorly.

Feb 18, 2018, 3:55 PM [ in reply to So you're saying... ]

Exactly, Einstein. I think he he is a fine coach. He has recruited better and also added solid transfers. Yeah that has made all of the difference. Yep, Reed, Donnal Thomas, and Mitchell are transfers. No CBB is mixing young talent i the mix too that has potential. There are a lot of reasons CBB didn't get it done in the past, but to gripe this season with what is happening now is just idiotic.

SOB

It's the

Same Old Brad.

The guy is just not a smart basketball coach.

He proves this time and time again.

I would like to think that you came here with an open mind.

Feb 18, 2018, 4:00 PM

That's obviously not the case.

You've made up your mind that Brownell is not a good coach, and nothing anyone can say or do will change your mind. What's worse is that you seem to be focused on changing our minds. Why?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Well the same old Brad has a better quality...

Feb 18, 2018, 4:01 PM [ in reply to SOB ]

product out there and we are a top 20 team who will be going to the tournament. You just lost a game with our starting PG out. Big deal. By the way, will lose a few more this year too and won't win it all. This will end up being our best season in a long time too anyway. Enjoy what we have compared to what it was.

No bashing but why are we so poor inbounding the ball? That hurt us today. Also any kind of press bothers this team. That is coaching.

Feb 18, 2018, 4:00 PM

Amen.
The answer to your question starts at the top of the program.

Feb 19, 2018, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Hey BB Lovers... ]

Coots supporting coots. Amazing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope you were not expecting a lot of TUs. Team is

Feb 18, 2018, 5:16 PM

having a very good year and all you can post is this. SMDH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are a pathetic loser

Feb 18, 2018, 6:02 PM

Go back to chasing football recruits because you don’t understand basketball

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 18, 2018, 11:01 PM

I think he is a good coach. I am disappointed with his inbounds plays. We have struggled all season on those and had multiple turnovers today. No other team we play seems to have that much trouble getting it in bounds.

Feb 19, 2018, 3:43 AM

Because he helps remove idiot pretenders and coots

Feb 19, 2018, 6:45 AM

Why pray tell would say something so dumb. Why is everyone that supports Clemson basketball a BB "lover". Idiot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic