Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson drops to #4 in CFB Playoff Rankings
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson drops to #4 in CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 15, 2016, 9:27 PM

Clemson drops to #4 in CFB Playoff Rankings

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson drops to #4 in CFB Playoff Rankings

Nov 15, 2016, 9:29 PM

Keep winning...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

~• Other than THAT Jackie, how was the parade? •~

Nov 15, 2016, 9:32 PM

I like 4, we get to play in Atlanta. I know if we keep winning we will be 2 or 3. Ul may get in if they win out because michigan or osu has to lose because they play each other.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 9:34 PM

No way we stay at 4.... most like az or bust

Nov 15, 2016, 9:44 PM

I agree! Keep winning because OHS has to play Michigan still and Penn State may lose a few more damaging Michigan's schedule. We need to pull for Louisville, fsu , and Auburn. As well as need to make sure those a$$hole refs don't call another Clemson game. Lol Our boys need to dial in and get focused.

JMO, but I don't see Penn State losing to

Nov 15, 2016, 10:07 PM

either Rutgers or Michigan State in their final two games. Of course, the conference championship might be problematic for PSU unless OSU beats Michigan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 9:40 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops to #4 in CFB Playoff Rankings ]

Just win baby!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 9:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops to #4 in CFB Playoff Rankings ]

If Alabama, Michigan, Clemson, and Washington win out, it'll be: 1) Bama, 2) Michigan, 3) Clemson, 4) Washington

If Michigan loses to OSU, but Alabama, Washington and Clemson win out: 1) Alabama, 2) Clemson, 3) Washington, 4) UL/OSU/Big10 Champ

If Clemson loses, Washington loses, Michigan loses to OSU and OSU loses, it'll be: 1) Alabama, 2) Alabama, 3) Lamar Jackson, 4) Louisville

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 10:21 PM

Bama is in unless they totally collapse and lose a couple of games, including the conference championship.

Clemson is in if they win out and win the ACCCG.

Then, there's an interesting scenario. If Ohio State beats Michigan, Penn State wins out and then wins the B1G Championship game, that just might put PSU and OSU in the top 4.

I think the only way Louisville gets in (assuming Clemson wins out and wins the ACCCG) is for them to win out (convincingly), Michigan beats OSU and wins the B1G Championship game, and Washington loses either to Wash St or loses the PAC 12 Championship game. Even then, it's dicey... except for the media love affair.

Yeah, you might be right... Lamar will make the final four even if the rest of the team doesn't. LOL.

Barring Penn State being upset, I don't see Ohio State finishing in the top 4.

Nov 15, 2016, 10:26 PM

Even if they beat Michigan, they would not be a conference champion. Do you really put them in over a power five conference champ?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Agreed...Unless OSU wins the B1G, they aren't getting in...I

Nov 16, 2016, 12:11 AM

don't think Michigan will beat them in 2 weeks, so OSU's only chance is if PSU loses and OSU gets in the B1G CG...the B1G won't get two bids

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2016, 9:57 PM

We and Michigan both lost a 1 point game on a final second FG in the last second. How does Michigan move above us?

Didn't Pitt beat Penn State also?

I personally think Pitt should be ranked in the lower 25.

I am just happy we are ahead of Louisville. Do we have to pull for Louisville? I think Houston has one more good game in them and Louisville has not been a good road team.

If Louisville loses to Houston, doesn't that guarantee us pretty much the 3rd Spot if we win out?

The ESPN-SEC wants Alabama/Winner of Michigan/OSU, Louisville and us. The Story they had about the teams with the best chance to beat Alabama was Louisville first and us second. I think ESPN wants Bama to lose and would like to see Bama have to play both us and Louisville. I just don't think Louisville stacks up against Bama Well and if Lamar continues to hold that ball the way he does then Bama will take the bal out of his hands 7 times.

I am just taking a look at the big picture now but realize the team only needs to be focused on a Wake Forest team that is much better than previous years.

This didn't make sense to me at first either, but then i

Nov 16, 2016, 8:36 AM

realized what made the difference with the committee. Auburn lost. It's as simple as that. Michigan now has wins over #7, #8, and #10. We have wins over #5, #15, and #17. If Auburn had beaten UGA we would still be #3 right now.

I don't think it really matters though. We are almost certainly going to either end up in the 2/3 game or miss the playoff entirely. I don't see any realistic scenarios where we actually finish 4th. The loser of Michigan/OSU is basically done and will fall out of the top 4, and nobody behind us seems to have enough left on the table to jump us if we win out. If Michigan wins out i think we finish at #3, while OSU beating Michigan and then not playing in their title game would be more interesting. I think they would still get into the playoff, but I'm not sure they would hold onto the #2 spot without winning their division. Either way, we are in the 2/3 game if we win out.

Nov 15, 2016, 9:59 PM

Shouldn't Troy be in the CFP Top 25 since they only lost to us?

Nov 15, 2016, 10:17 PM

Absolutely. Especially after beating App State!

Maybe, but the G5 teams are getting screwed pretty

Nov 16, 2016, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson drops to #4 in CFB Playoff Rankings ]

hard as usual. Western Michigan, Boise, Troy, and App State are all top 25 caliber teams in a lot of metrics, but only WMU and Boise are ranked, and WMU is 5 spots of so lower than they really should be.

Thankful, but don't like #4

Nov 15, 2016, 10:04 PM

I don't want to play bama again

Re: Thankful, but don't like #4

Nov 15, 2016, 10:15 PM

I'd rather play Bama than Jackson & whinyville again! Looks like Louisville vs Bama & Clemson bs Ohio State. If we play HUNGRY football, we can run the table! But, Lou scares me worse than Saban!

if we win out we are at the worst 3

Nov 15, 2016, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Thankful, but don't like #4 ]

mich and ohio state will play each other..so one will drop out and we will move up

Re: if we win out we are at the worst 3

Nov 15, 2016, 10:59 PM

Louisville will move ahead of us ....such is the confused logic that puts Michigan ahead of us...

no way..guy on the commitee said tonight

Nov 15, 2016, 11:11 PM

head to head holds a ton of weight with us and louisville

Re: if we win out we are at the worst 3

Nov 16, 2016, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: if we win out we are at the worst 3 ]

Michigan has strong wins and lost to a team on the road while we lost at home. Both teams right about .500 while I do believe Pitt is better than Iowa that is most likely why. It does not matter though. We will be 3 and that is the same as 2 so who cares?

Suck it Shamecocks! We're still in the CFP!!!

Nov 15, 2016, 10:13 PM

Now, come take it from us! Sick of hearing your crap! Now, you see! We may not win it all again, but it's another step closer! Something you haven't, and probably will NEVER experience with Muschump leading the way! I'm afraid you'll have to celebrate UMass, and ECU, and the horrible, horrible SEC east victories you backed into! Mediocrity looks good in garnet!

AMEN......AMEN

Nov 15, 2016, 11:27 PM

Coots get ready for a MAJOR butt kicking...GO Tigers

Re: Suck it Shamecocks! We're still in the CFP!!!

Nov 16, 2016, 7:25 AM [ in reply to Suck it Shamecocks! We're still in the CFP!!! ]

Ah yes the tears of shamecocks at work this morning are sweet and delicious

So you're sayin there's a chance?***

Nov 16, 2016, 12:03 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Nov 16, 2016, 6:45 AM

BEAT WAKE FOREST...or it's over.

Nov 16, 2016, 7:47 AM

never doubted that we would stay in top 4 and control our own destiny.......no way louisville can jump us bc of head-to-head

Nov 16, 2016, 8:24 AM

As much as the loss to Pitt sucks, the Tigers should never want to feel like that again.
Now they get lucky again this team is the luckiest team in the Nation.
You got to be a little lucky to win the NC, now let's show that we are also good these last 3 games.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic