Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC GOR. I would just like to say...All WVU blogers, twitter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

ACC GOR. I would just like to say...All WVU blogers, twitter

Apr 22, 2013, 4:48 PM

and message board prophets of ACC doom can now kiss our collective ###.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC GOR. I would just like to say...All WVU blogers, twitter

Apr 22, 2013, 4:53 PM

I will never see WV again and not think of that rookie anchor who got himself fired the first day for dropping the the s and f words this weekend

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have replaced the 70 points on the scoreboard with the

Apr 22, 2013, 5:30 PM

reporter's tirade in my memory bank also.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're happy.....

Apr 22, 2013, 5:25 PM

that Clemson is now bound and gagged (at least for the forseeable future) to a basketball-centric conference long dominated and controlled by rediculously self-serving Tobacco Road schools.

Frankly, I don't see how any Clemson fan could be anything other than disappointed by this news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I don't know how to feel. SEC was never going to invite us,

Apr 22, 2013, 5:36 PM

Big XII botched there chance to make a big move (WVU has got to be feeling pretty lonely). Maybe it's the best thing for Clemson...probably won't know until a few years down the road. Or at least until the new TV deals are settled. Definitely stops the B1G and SEC from poaching any members.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our alternatives were what?

Apr 22, 2013, 5:37 PM [ in reply to So you're happy..... ]

The SEC isn't going to happen and the Big 12 was just not a good option.

Also I think we are fine in a conference with Louisville, FSU, Miami, VT, GT, and ND (yes they're not "in" the conference but we will play them more often than anyone from the other division). A strong united ACC is the best option for Clemson.

My preference would have been ...

Apr 22, 2013, 8:35 PM

to at least keep our options open regarding conference expansion rather than being tied long term to the ACC with few if any other options.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

pretty big gamble

Apr 22, 2013, 9:19 PM

considering Maryland will prob get out free and there are other ACC teams far more attractive than Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: pretty big gamble

Apr 23, 2013, 7:44 AM

Amen. We were looking at losing FSU, GT, UNC, etc. We looked to be in a Big East reminant with Wake and the Sisters of the Poor. I am thrilled to be saved from that fate!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our alternatives were what?

Apr 22, 2013, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Our alternatives were what? ]

Agreed. Its a good move for clemson for one reason. They want to be in the ACC. So if thats where you want to be then you want everyone else staying to. Will it work out for the long term? It will keep the ACC at the big boys table with the BCS committee. Now its just up to teams like um and gt, who have done it in the past, to step up and get back to playing ball.

Absolutely. Best possible situation for Clemson. ******

Apr 22, 2013, 5:44 PM [ in reply to So you're happy..... ]

null

Best POSSIBLE? Idiocy.***

Apr 23, 2013, 1:24 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I consider an SEC offer to be unrealistic..."not possible".

Apr 23, 2013, 8:42 AM

So how was my comment idiocy?

null

Yes and no. I am on record as wanting in the SEC. I believe

Apr 22, 2013, 5:50 PM [ in reply to So you're happy..... ]

Clemson belongs in the SEC. However, once that dream died I began looking at the other scenarios that MIGHT have happened and I didn't like any of them.

Would you want Clemson left in an ACC without FSU, UNC, VaT, NCST, or GaT?

Would you want Clemson in the BIG 12 with WVU as your only close neighbor?

Clemson wasn't ever going to the Big10.

It's clear the SEC wasn't going to invite Clemson unless major shuffles happened.

An ACC with the current members may just be Clemson's best option. And not a bad one either.

But the reason for my post wasn't to celebrate the ACC GOR. I am just sick and tired of those irritating, ignorant WVU bloggers who constantly stir up crap.

W(BG)VU is the USCjr of the BigXII; do nothing whiners******

Apr 22, 2013, 7:26 PM

^^ Was one of the lemmings...

Apr 22, 2013, 6:27 PM [ in reply to So you're happy..... ]

The ACC has several teams capable of being good football programs. Overall, much better deal than the Big 12. The ACC has been and will be just fine. More importantly Clemson will be just fine.

yes***

Apr 22, 2013, 8:23 PM [ in reply to So you're happy..... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

completely agree with you...it's extremely disappointing

Apr 22, 2013, 9:20 PM [ in reply to So you're happy..... ]

and does not for Clemson...NOTHING

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson only TRUE option was the SEC...since that never

Apr 22, 2013, 6:08 PM

going to happen in a million years, A secure ACC is our best fit for Clemson...yes I was one of the Big 12 supporters in the beginning but realize now that would not be a good fit for Clemson. I am glad Louisville....and part time ND is in the ACC....Next move for the ACC is to get a TV contact close to the SEC as possible and get ND as a full time member in football....Only time will tell.

^^ Get's it.

Apr 22, 2013, 9:09 PM

nm

Apr 22, 2013, 6:35 PM

Staying and trying to make the ACC stronger is the best thing for Clemson. The SEC wasn't going to add a program in the same conference anyway, and going to the Big 12 would hurt recruiting because of the distance.

These things go in cycles. In the early 90's the ACC took in more revenue per school than the SEC.

Apr 22, 2013, 11:16 PM

we just need to kick all SEC teams ### that we play

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic