Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Friday Email Bag

Jan 5, 2018, 10:00 AM

Friday Email Bag

Friday Email Bag

Each Friday I publish your comments and answer your questions. To submit a comment or questions, please email me at mickeyplyler@hotmail.com.

Mickey,

As sad as it is, the "Trilogy" was a big bust because Alabama was better at every position than Clemson.

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did we swap out Furman to play Kent St again??***

Jan 5, 2018, 10:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Baghdad Bob...Tell everybody again how this year's offense

Jan 5, 2018, 12:25 PM

was statistically ahead of last year's...I need a good laugh

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baghdad Bob...Tell everybody again how this year's offense

Jan 5, 2018, 2:05 PM

So you lose Watson, Gallman, Scott, Williams, Leggett and Guillermo and you expected better? This offense was better than I thought it would be. Give Alabama credit. They played well.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you never tried to make the case that we were

Jan 5, 2018, 4:15 PM

statistically ahead of where we were last year? Did I just imagine reading that?

Don't buy your answer

Jan 5, 2018, 4:33 PM

You must have a really poor impression of HJ if you don't think he should have been given a CHANCE by the 4Q. It was painfully obvious KB was not going to move the offense, he hadn't up to that point. Maybe HJ would have been worse (is that possible?), maybe no different (fairly likely scenario) or better (certain a viable possibility) - who knows? I get that coaches are a very weird bunch but often times they are so engrossed in the granular aspects of the game, they fail to see the big picture. Sometimes fans actually make good points because they follow the game/team closely and see things that work and those that don't but coaches never ever want to admit that they may have been wrong. It's always "Coaches know best", which is true more often than not but is not an absolute. Did they even consider it????

Have you asked the staff why HJ wasn't given a shot? I would love to know why, after watching us get dominated by Bama's defense all night, we couldn't put him in for a series or two. Maybe he had the flu, had a tooth pulled at halftime, stayed up partying all Sunday night...who knows, but the coaches primary responsibility is to this university and team - I think they failed miserably, not in losing the game, but in their inability to see that KB has limitations as a QB that HJ does not. There is absolutely no logical reason not to try and put another QB in the game in the 4Q. At the very least, he gets some live bullets against as good a defense as any college QB will see that would serve him well down the road.

If you think leaving KB in was the best possible option, you have your head in the sand in my opinion. I've got both Bama and UGA fans all around me and they are asking me why the "other QB" didn't play. My answer: I don't have a clue. Speculation from these fans: HJ is leaving and they don't want put any more time into him. I am starting to think maybe they're right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assumed the coaches didn't want to shatter his confidence***

Jan 5, 2018, 5:07 PM

You shouldn't listen to UGA and Bama fans, they are fecking

Jan 5, 2018, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Don't buy your answer ]

idiots, what do they know about HJ or our program?

Re: You shouldn't listen to UGA and Bama fans, they are fecking

Jan 5, 2018, 6:03 PM

You would be surprised.

I guess they have heard us talk about our QB situation (positively) and wondered, like me, why??

I live in Atlanta so they are tons of UGA and a good bit of Bama fans around.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't buy your answer

Jan 5, 2018, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Don't buy your answer ]

Our line couldn't block and neither could our backs. Bryant had little to no chance to execute in this game.
Alabama would have made H.J. look silly but it couldn't have hurt to give him a series or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic