Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So would you trade places with Auburn?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

So would you trade places with Auburn?

Oct 27, 2012, 8:50 PM

A National Championship followed by an absolute tailspin in the following years?

Would this be a price you would pay for Clemson to win a BCS Championship?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes*****

Oct 27, 2012, 8:51 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2013_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd take a bad year for an NC

Oct 27, 2012, 8:53 PM

they won 8 games last year, so not that bad.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So would you trade places with Auburn?

Oct 27, 2012, 9:00 PM

Auburn's NC was tainted anyway. And now they are a dumpster fire. It will take forever for them to recover, if ever. They likely won't win another NC. So I think I would say no I wouldn't trade places with them. We have something great going on at Clemson. Dabo makes some silly game decisions at times imo, but overall he's good for the program.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

fortunately we have the Cacks in our state, not Bama

Oct 27, 2012, 9:04 PM

advantage, us.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2012, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So would you trade places with Auburn? ]

I'm not sure why you think it'll take them forever to recover. They've got top-notch talent on their team. Over the past 4 years they have a top 20 recruiting class, two top 10 classes and a top 5. This year they're #9 according to rivals.

They need to find a QB and an offensive coordinator. Other than that they appear to be fine.

Yes.***

Oct 27, 2012, 9:01 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2012, 9:06 PM

Ya I probably would. They're having a horrible year this year, ha a decent year last year...they'll be good again next year. They've recruited at an elite level for the past 4-5 years. They just need to be pointed in the right direction.

Disagree

Oct 27, 2012, 9:09 PM

Their recruits will get hijacked. They will lose their coaching staff after this year. Plus their brand is tainted from Scamgate. It will be a looooong time before Auburn is relevant.

Re: Disagree

Oct 27, 2012, 9:16 PM

I just responded to your earlier post. Please check there to see my argument as to why I don't think you're right.

On top of all the things I pointed out there, Auburn will be willing to throw some money in the direction of a good coach in the event a change is made after this year.

Re: Disagree

Oct 27, 2012, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Disagree ]

Also, I don't think their brand is tainted whatsoever with the events involving Cam Newton. Since Newton was there, they've pulled two top 10 classes and are projected to pull another this year. It remains to be seen whether they'll keep that class, but the point is the recruits could care less about the Cam Newton controversy.

Agree to disagree...

Oct 27, 2012, 9:39 PM

That program is in deep trouble (this year). I happen to believe it will be quite a while before they are any count.

Re: Agree to disagree...

Oct 27, 2012, 9:46 PM

I certainly agree that the program is in big trouble this year...I just believe with the right moves they'll be a Top 10 team again. Think about it: they've got all the recruits they need...look at how much Chad Morris helped us in a year. If they get another hot offensive coach, they'll be fine.

But ya this year is an absolute train wreck.

Oct 27, 2012, 9:07 PM

I would rather be great one year and suck for two or three than be consistently mediocre.

Oct 27, 2012, 9:09 PM

yes yes and hell yes. for us to have 2 and the shamecocks have none would be awesome. that should shut them up for the couple of down years afterward.

Oct 27, 2012, 9:16 PM

No, I would not be able to stomach a season like they are having. heads are going to roll on the plains.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2012, 9:19 PM

Was Clemson's title from 1981 "tainted"

Auburn never was or will be on probation for their 2010 title.

Clemson was on probation for 2 years before the year was even out, 11 months later.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic