Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Got some advice from a nurse. This can help a LOT and makes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 768

Got some advice from a nurse. This can help a LOT and makes

Mar 13, 2020, 10:24 AM

Sense. Aside from food and TP the next most useful thing you can have in your home is one of these. Surprisingly they're not sold out. They're only $20 or so. You may still find them at CVS etc.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/SantaMedical-Generation-2-SM-165-Fingertip-Pulse-Oximeter/320834284?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=2737&adid=22222222228123559975&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=m&wl3=235198166357&wl4=pla-386299936529&wl5=1021278&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=113139848&wl11=online&wl12=320834284&veh=sem&gclid=Cj0KCQjw3qzzBRDnARIsAECmryqQ_qUbSG_IOnD5T51pZTSoxiBYqCyo-S20IyJboE_MB8BxD1WhnPcaAmCXEALw_wcB

If you get sick there's no need to panic. If you run directly to the doctor they will poke and prod you take your temp and send you home to self isolate. They probably won't test you anyway.

The main complication from this is pneumonia. 40% or so get it to one degree or another. Most with pneumonia will still be sent home. The key metric medical providers will use to decide to test you and/or admit you to a hospital is your O2 level.

If this gets bad your blood oxygen levels determine your treatment. I'm not even going to go to the doctor and no one should really unless their O2 level drops below 92 to 90. Just stay home, isolate, treat the fever, and monitor your blood O2. If it gets 90 or below seek medical treatment immediately. And you will get it. This will help keep hospitals and medical facilities clear of those who are going to be sent home anyway.

Thats our plan anyway. No need going to the hospital unless it's needed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My phone tells me 93%***

Mar 13, 2020, 10:41 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes, Samsung Health app claims to do this on smartphone

Mar 13, 2020, 11:21 AM

or watch if you have one. Mine just said 99%, and 68bpm heartrate. Who knows if that is accurate?

Stress is a problem that often gets overlooked. This could be because many people don't think stress is a big deal, but it may also be due to the fact that there's no standard method for measuring stress. Luckily, with the Samsung Health app, you can measure your stress levels by checking your heart rate and some other factors. Keep track of stress to make sure you are maintaining good health.

Note: To use this feature, your phone must have a heart rate sensor. This sensor is not available on all phones, but you can connect a wearable with a heart rate sensor and measure your stress using that. This feature may also not be available on iOS devices.

First things first, you'll need to add the Stress tracker to Samsung Health if it's not already showing on the Home tab.

Once that's all set up, open Samsung Health if you haven't already, and then swipe to the Stress tracker. When you're ready, tap Measure on the stress tracker. Agree to the information, and then tap Measure again. If needed, tap Allow to grant the different positions.

Next, place your finger on your phone's heart rate sensor. Don't press too hard, and make sure you stay quiet and still. Your heart rate (the heart icon), oxygen saturation (the water droplet icon), and stress level will all be measured.

Afterwards, your status will be displayed. You can enter notes, select your current status, and then tap Save to record the current measurements. You can see your different stress levels by tapping Trends.

Note: If your phone does not have a heart rate sensor, you can measure your stress using a Samsung smart watch and then sync your data to Samsung Health.

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00080574/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So why doesn't everyone get the Pneumonia vaccine?

Mar 13, 2020, 10:50 AM

My parents both got it and I think they told me that you have to be over 60 to get it. This was before the Coronavirus outbreak.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not exactly correct.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:18 AM

They spread out the vaccine over long periods due to them working longer than first estimated. First it was five years, then became seven. Finally they said if you're over 60 and had one in the last decade they wouldn't give you another until you're 65 at that point they have a super vaccine which hurts like getting kicked in the nuts.

I had to fight a doctor to get one last year. She insisted that I'd had one recently enough that I didn't need another. She even had documents showing that it was administered at my CVS store. After a few minutes of arguing I just said "you're the doctor, I'll take your advice.'

The stupid bich realized her professional liability of arguing with someone my age with my medical history about a flu shot they insisted they needed.

Doctors sell shots to people who pay cash. They have no problem lying if they think they might lose a dollar.

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't need one.

Mar 13, 2020, 11:11 AM

When my blood o2 level drops into the low 80s my chest hurts which is my heart telling me it's overworked trying to oxygenate the blood to my brain.

I'm three blocks from the horsepital so I can get to oxygen pretty quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 768
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic