Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, who all went to the game Saturday?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 433

So, who all went to the game Saturday?

Sep 21, 2020, 11:10 AM

I've got to say, COVID restricted games are glorious. I left my house at 3:30 and made kick off, no traffic, no waiting in line, just hop out of the truck and walk into the game. Not only that, but the room in the stands was amazing. You could lay down if you wanted to. Are you throw up drunk? Not a problem this year, because you've got 10' in every direction to vomit.

Not going to lie, I would like to see this become the norm, even though I know it won't. However, I do wonder if this will usher in a change. Everybody I've talked to mentioned how nice it was to tailgate at home and roll in right before game time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have good news for you.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:12 AM

I expect us to perfect time travel in the next couple decades, and we will all be able to go back to the mid-90's and experience Clemson football, because your gameday experience sounds remarkably similar to mine from that era.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, you're saying Covid and Hatfield/West have the same

Sep 21, 2020, 11:17 AM

effect on Clemson football, except for the wins...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a great analogy.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:19 AM

Maybe we could just rename it Shyatt-19.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

During those years Clemson Football made me sick***

Sep 21, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to So, you're saying Covid and Hatfield/West have the same ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dunno man, I went to the games in the 90's

Sep 21, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to I have good news for you. ]

I think part of my road rage was instilled in me by my dad on the way to Clemson games. This was like going to see a Clemson basketball game on a Tuesday night type of crowd.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We redshirted

Sep 21, 2020, 11:13 AM

So that you could vomit 10 ft in any direction.

You're whalecum

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you for your sacrifice***

Sep 21, 2020, 11:15 AM

Curious kweshion

Was there any scalpers there?

Scuse me, RH Tig clarification needed

Ticket Scalpers

Nope, not a single Atlanta Falcons fan to be seen.***

Sep 21, 2020, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Curious kweshion ]

So I guess I won't ask if it was good Starter Jacket weather

Sep 21, 2020, 11:50 AM

up there.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Depends on what drugs you're on

Sep 21, 2020, 12:07 PM

Comfortable weather for beer drinkers/pot smokers, a little chilly for a crackhead.

This is not a joking matter. If you need further proof

Sep 21, 2020, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Curious kweshion ]

of the need for social justice, look at all the underprivileged men holding up signs on gamedays practically begging for a ticket. These men just want to see a Clemson game, and are willing to swallow their pride to do so. It says right there "Need tickets", but callous white after white just walk by, indifferent to their plight.

Re: This is not a joking matter. If you need further proof

Sep 21, 2020, 11:24 AM

Tailgated sorta at our house, left house @ 2:30

Sep 21, 2020, 11:18 AM

Arrived in lot 5 @ 2:45.
Drank 2 beers while chuckling about how stupid the parking assignments are.
Went into stadium at 3:40
No lines anywhere whatsoever

We were a little concerned about that designated time

Sep 21, 2020, 11:21 AM

thing, but we were supposed to be there from 2:45-3:15 and showed up at 3:45, so I guess it doesn't matter. Didn't see anyone tailgating.

They moved my parking a little closer to the stadium, but I don't have my pissing hedge anymore. My old parking is now a COVID space.

moi...no traffic, no one at the gate before the game. very

Sep 21, 2020, 11:21 AM

quiet

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

I am glad to hear that traffic and all was good.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:22 AM

I had concerns that some folks were just going to show up anyway and then show their ### due to not being able to to their normal "Hey, look at me!" tailgate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to say it, but without the tailgating and game day

Sep 21, 2020, 11:28 AM

atmosphere, I think I'm just as happy not to have to travel.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wouldn't be worth it if you had to drive more than

Sep 21, 2020, 11:36 AM

45 minutes or so. I think I read where a lot of the bars downtown were doing reservation only, so I have no idea what you would do pre/post game around town.

That pretty much takes out any reason I have to go to a

Sep 21, 2020, 11:46 AM

game. Gonna be hard to sell out $1000/night rooms at the Comfort Inn that way.

If I can't go and pound terrible daft pitchers at TTT and spend a bunch of money on Esso club paraphernalia, I'd just as soon watch the game at home on my TV.

There's always live music at Tiger Cove on Sundays

Sep 21, 2020, 12:11 PM

Looks like The Abarnathy is down to a $700 a night for the Virginia game. What a deal!

That is insanity***

Sep 21, 2020, 12:18 PM

Watching at home is easy and I think a lot of fans

Sep 21, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Hate to say it, but without the tailgating and game day ]

are going to realize that this year. I think the powers that be will need to be sure to dial back the greedy going into 2021 or some of those redshirts may stay home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Took my 4-year old otisdaughter. Cool weather, less stupid

Sep 21, 2020, 11:59 AM

people.

Bathrooms were cleaner than a duck fart.

11/10. Wood dew again.

Replies: 25
| visibility 433
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic