Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Al Franken RIP (includes photo NSFW)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1,483

Al Franken RIP (includes photo NSFW)

Nov 16, 2017, 11:28 AM

Photo NSFW

http://www.kabc.com/2017/11/16/leeann-tweeden-on-senator-al-franken/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah that type of humor won't ever fly again.

Nov 16, 2017, 11:32 AM

Even the movies like Sixteen Candles and Animal House would never work today.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I sure miss humor and comedy

Nov 16, 2017, 11:38 AM

Growing up I remember Fred Sanford going off on the fat white guy and laughing my ### off. Still do, fat/white and all. Archie Bunker, the Jeffersons, and the standup comedians were halarious. And no one got offended. Amazing how far we have fallen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't realize that Richard Prior was one of the two...

Nov 16, 2017, 12:09 PM

writers for Sanford and Son. It came on yesterday and I watched it. The show was all about ragging some fat lady that was staying at their house. Fred just cracked fat jokes the whole episode Even that wouldn't fly today.

Watch old sitcoms like Bewitched or even Love Boat

Nov 16, 2017, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Yeah that type of humor won't ever fly again. ]

Rapey humor galore.

Disney

Nov 16, 2017, 11:52 AM

One nice thing about #### Van Dyke's character in Mary Poppins is the way he didn't attack women.

"Oh, it's a jolly holiday with you, Bert
Gentlemen like you are few
Though you're just a diamond in the rough, Bert
Underneath, your blood is blue

"You'd never think of pressing your advantage
Forbearance if the hallmark of your creed
A lady needn't fear when you are near
Your sweet gentility is crystal clear

"Oh, it's a jolly holiday with you, Bert
A jolly, jolly holiday with you"

https://www.disneyclips.com/lyrics/lyricsmary4.html

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disney

Nov 16, 2017, 12:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4D470YSl2Y

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meanwhile, over at NOW headquarters....

Nov 16, 2017, 11:36 AM

Seriously, I wonder how the feminists are taking this all in? I mean, I assume they love men being taken down by the dozens, but what happens when there's collateral damage?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am waiting for the men who have been victimized by women

Nov 16, 2017, 11:40 AM

These women aint all hot 20something school teachers.

Ever heard of a scandal from a woman cheating on a man?

Nov 16, 2017, 11:51 AM

Me either. Lovely double standard.

let me be Frank

Nov 16, 2017, 11:40 AM

Nothing will happen to him but an apology

Dem don't give a ####. There'll be feign outrage for about a minute on MSM, some of his collegues will say its horrible. He'll apoligize and we'll never hear about it again.

Unless score more women come forward day after day.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: let me be Frank

Nov 16, 2017, 12:07 PM

Interesting how Republicans believe Roy Moore's accusers.....but don't believe Donald Trump's.

LOL....what's to "believe"

Nov 16, 2017, 12:25 PM

There's a pic of her asleep with him grabbing her ####. There's no "belief" required.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL....what's to "believe"

Nov 16, 2017, 12:46 PM

My post made no mention of Franken. I've seen the photo, not much doubt.

My post was about Moore/Trump. Nice side step.

I'm sorry, I skimmed your post. Allow me to apologize.

Nov 16, 2017, 12:50 PM

I apologize for mistakenly side-stepping your post which itself was a side-step of the Al Franken topic that the rest of the thread was discussing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sorry, I skimmed your post. Allow me to apologize.

Nov 16, 2017, 12:59 PM

We're a side-stepping crowd around here.

Panic has set in....Dosey-Does are imminent.

:)

I will use some Republican lines..

Nov 16, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to LOL....what's to "believe" ]

The picture is obviously photo shopped/doctored. How about this one? She was faking like she was asleep and they were both in on the joke. Now she is blackmailing him because she is a conservative. Or....Why did she wait so long to come out? Maybe this one... He isn't even touching her. It's just the angle of the picture and it's just military locker room humor.

Ok, this is fun....let me try.

Nov 16, 2017, 1:15 PM

WHATABOUTISM!
VICTIM SHAMING!
ENABLER!
NO MORALS!

I'm enjoying bizarro day.

Re: Ok, this is fun....let me try.

Nov 16, 2017, 1:21 PM

Hey wait, I got one.....how about "By attacking Sen. Franken you're aiding Kim Jung Un in his attacks on America!"

That's a good one, right?

Are you kidding?

Nov 16, 2017, 1:23 PM

Kim Jung Un is the sane one! I am worried that Franken will grab a handfull of KJU's manboobs and start WWIII....he's unhinged!!!

Re: Are you kidding?

Nov 16, 2017, 1:24 PM

Well there you go, send Franken to North Korea to threaten Un's man-bewbs. He gets rid of nukes...problem solved.

Always a silver lining.

Hi Frank!

Nov 16, 2017, 1:13 PM [ in reply to let me be Frank ]

wait, wut?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

you know how " its not racist when we say" is acceptable?

Nov 16, 2017, 11:41 AM

I expect the liberals to adopt a similar double standard for this "its just sex" stuff

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not what they did with Weinstein or Spacey.***

Nov 16, 2017, 11:55 AM

Re: That's not what they did with Weinstein or Spacey.***

Nov 16, 2017, 12:06 PM

heck, weiner went to jail for texting his wiener.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was pretty easy to prove...and it was to a 14 year old***

Nov 16, 2017, 12:44 PM

Good thing for Moore they didn't have smartphones in the 70s***

Nov 16, 2017, 12:50 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Besides these***

Nov 16, 2017, 12:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

we'll see how far it goes***

Nov 16, 2017, 1:30 PM [ in reply to That's not what they did with Weinstein or Spacey.*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fake News NY Times isn't even carrying the story

Nov 16, 2017, 12:19 PM

No wait.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/16/us/politics/al-franken-sexual-harassment-groping-forcible-kissing.html

Re: Al Franken RIP (includes photo NSFW)

Nov 16, 2017, 12:30 PM

ditto...all this going on sorta makes me wonder......

Nov 16, 2017, 12:32 PM

Am I abnormal in that I've never sexually assaulted anyone?

also makes me wonder how much of this is regret secks***

Nov 16, 2017, 12:48 PM

Call the waaahhhmbulance!

Nov 16, 2017, 1:03 PM

If every body who ever touched anyone inappropriately was locked up there'd be few on the streets.

This PC crap is out of control.

#METOOWAAAAAAHHHH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Call the waaahhhmbulance!

Nov 16, 2017, 1:07 PM

Yeah what man hasn't ever touched a woman inappropriately. Maybe misreading the signs she was given off, etc.

I'd be jailed for kissing a girl on a third date. I came up behind her, grabbed her for a kiss but stopped when she pulled away. I didn't try for a fourth date, she was moving much to slow for me. LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess it might just be me

Nov 16, 2017, 1:11 PM

But I've never groped a woman's breasts without consent while they are sleeping (or awake for that matter).

I suppose maybe I didn't know that was OK?

Seriously, there are better hills on which to make your stand than to try and excuse this particular behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I guess it might just be me

Nov 16, 2017, 1:14 PM

I wasn't speaking about the OP specifically. I'm speaking in general.

No, I've never grabbed a womans breasts.

But, i have grabbed one for a kiss. And nowadays, thats probably sexual assault according to some women.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait it's PC for a person to complain...

Nov 16, 2017, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Call the waaahhhmbulance! ]

...about being groped while they are sleeping without consent?

That's PC?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wait it's PC for a person to complain...

Nov 16, 2017, 1:10 PM

I'd say that isn't pc.

He needs to resign immediately

Nov 16, 2017, 1:13 PM

There is no place in the Senate for this type of behavior, joking or not.

We can't stand for a double standard here where the dems get a pass with an apology but a pub is demonized.

STEP DOWN AL FRANKEN!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: He needs to resign immediately

Nov 16, 2017, 1:15 PM

Yeah, he does need to resign. There is more evidence here than there is with Moore, who also needs to drop out.

Can't be a senator, maybe he could be president

Nov 16, 2017, 1:15 PM [ in reply to He needs to resign immediately ]

I mean you can get elected president after bragging about groping women, so he's still got that career possibility.

right, because words and photodocumented actions

Nov 16, 2017, 1:19 PM

are exactly the same thing. Or do you have a pic of Trump grabbing a handfull of crotch while a woman was asleep? If you do, my apologies, the two situations are indeed analogous.

think you can discuss this incident without pivoting back to Trump for a sec? Is that do-able?

Of course its not the same legally

Nov 16, 2017, 2:49 PM

And nor am I claiming that legally it is the same.

I'm on record as saying Al's actions aren't ok. They are actually criminal, and he deserves every bit of scorn coming his way.

But it is strange, to me, to hear folks calling for his job (which in itself is completely understandable, and I might even agree with) and glossing over the claims Trump himself made about groping women.

And this isn't "whataboutism". I am not, in the slightest, defending Al here. His actions were wrong, period.

Let's go back to the high school days......

Nov 16, 2017, 3:00 PM

this seems appropriate for this analogy, as it seems about the point where Trump's maturity process ended. Anyway, in high school, I'm willing to bet that you, and most of the guys you know, only wished they could have actually done 50% of the things that they claimed to with girls. That was the case in my high school.

That's what Trump's claims felt like. It's low-class....it's sophomoric....it's immature.....it's not sexual assault unless there's some proof those things actually happened. Examining something with a modicum of objectivity isn't "glossing over" the topic.

Criminal? As in getting arrested, going to jail, having a

Nov 16, 2017, 3:00 PM [ in reply to Of course its not the same legally ]

secks offender branding for life?

In the pic, he doesn't appear to be touching her***

Nov 16, 2017, 3:01 PM

you can get that for taking a whiz in public

Nov 16, 2017, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Criminal? As in getting arrested, going to jail, having a ]

or not even in public view....if a cop catches you taking a leak between cars up against a wall, you're still done for if he want to bust you. You get printed up on the sexoffender list, as illogical as that is.

This Franken guy knowingly posed for this picture with a big grin on his face. That's pretty humiliating and degrading to the woman. Although I don't think he touched her, he sure made it look like he was. And that's pretty damning stuff. Way worse than being taped without your knowledge talking "man-conquest" trash.

I DO wonder why/how somebody sleeps with a buckled army helmet on, that seems very strange.

I think that depends on the state

Nov 16, 2017, 3:44 PM

But I doubt he could be convicted of anything for that pic.

If so..there's probably a lot of you who better go wipe your instagram and thefacebooks.

Re: I think that depends on the state

Nov 16, 2017, 3:54 PM

https://www.bustle.com/articles/118165-sex-offender-registry-laws-dont-make-as-much-sense-as-youd-thought

So it does depend on the state.

Nov 16, 2017, 4:00 PM

That pic still isn't "criminai".

But in SC, having an expired fire extinguisher on your boat is.

I know a guy from high school who got busted for it

Nov 16, 2017, 4:08 PM

one long-ago Friday/Sat night, he was driving home from a local tavern, but got stopped on the highway on a country road because of a wreck up ahead of him (along with several other folks). Well, the call of nature hit him, and he headed off toward the woods. A cop saw him and asked him what he was doing, and to return to his vehicle. He told the truth, and continued his quest for relief. An argument ensued, and shortly thereafter he was arrested and later booked for public urination.

And yeah, he had to register on the sex offender roll. I've lost touch with him so I don't know if he is still on it, but I know for a fact he was on it at one time. For taking a whiz in the woods.

So what does this have to do with the picture being a

Nov 17, 2017, 11:16 AM

criminal action?

Re: So it does depend on the state.

Nov 16, 2017, 5:14 PM [ in reply to So it does depend on the state. ]

Lol, they got you for an expired fire extinguisher on your boat?

Wow, that is cold. Just another example of being kept down by the man.

I've got no problem with the ticket, or the fine

Nov 17, 2017, 11:16 AM

which was negated when I showed the judge my new fire extinguisher. I was 100% guilty--I had an expired fire extinguisher on my boat.

The problem I have is that it is classified as a "crime" (not a misdemeanor, or felony, but a crime) on a SC SLED check, and I have to list it every time I apply for a job. If I don't, and it comes back on the search, I can be immediately disqualified because I have lied on the application. Also, because it was written by a SC DNR, by law, it cannot be expunged from my record. I've tried.

So a 16 year old offense that was written on a uniform traffic ticket that essentially had no fine comes back as an offense every time I get a SLED check, and will for the rest of my life.

oh. And I ask once again, WHY IS ANYONE SURPRISED BY ANY OF THIS???***

Nov 16, 2017, 1:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good question***

Nov 16, 2017, 3:11 PM

Honestly, a little.I realize this is a narrow-minded comment

Nov 17, 2017, 9:58 AM [ in reply to oh. And I ask once again, WHY IS ANYONE SURPRISED BY ANY OF THIS???*** ]

but if you had told me that Al Franken was caught up in a sexual assault scandal, I kind of would have thought it was with a man.

Maybe I saw too many Stuart Smalley sketches.

null

Replies: 57
| visibility 1,483
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic