Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So what does everyone think of the SEC network so far?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

So what does everyone think of the SEC network so far?

Aug 16, 2014, 1:16 PM

Me personally, I called ATT UVerse and downgraded my cable package to a level that doesn't have it. I'm sure the cable company didn't give a rat's ####, but still made me feel better and that's all I really care about anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

i'm afraid to offer an opinion, it seems those are frowned

Aug 16, 2014, 1:16 PM

upon today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: i'm afraid to offer an opinion, it seems those are frowned

Aug 16, 2014, 1:19 PM

This. But just assume my opinion is the same but different as dsp's if we weren't scared to offer opinions, which we are.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

if we were playing chess, which we aren't, i'd applaud your

Aug 16, 2014, 1:24 PM

play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we were drinking bourbon, which I am, I'd raise

Aug 16, 2014, 1:28 PM

my glass to you both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ his pound cake is in the oven as we speak

Aug 16, 2014, 1:32 PM

Eff ATT and Carolyn Murray

whoa whoa whoa, gwp broke at least 2 rules of engagement

Aug 16, 2014, 1:34 PM

when he started drinking without friends.

Him haz friendz?

Aug 16, 2014, 8:08 PM

Who knew...

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would be great if they moved everything sec to....

Aug 16, 2014, 8:18 PM

that network and we would never have to see them agian.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Aug 16, 2014, 2:40 PM [ in reply to i'm afraid to offer an opinion, it seems those are frowned ]

Unless if it's wrong.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I also hear that riding the dog around the house like

Aug 20, 2014, 3:02 PM [ in reply to i'm afraid to offer an opinion, it seems those are frowned ]

a small horse is, likewise, frowned upon in this establishment.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: So what does everyone think of the SEC network so far?

Aug 16, 2014, 1:21 PM

One of my roommates got mad at another roommate for not paying cable so he cut it off entirely.

So yeah, in the middle of all that drama I won't get to watch the Kentucky-Miss State matchup this year. Bastages.

Aug 16, 2014, 1:24 PM

So you dropped 30+ premium movie channels (Showtime, Starz, Encore, etc.) along with some others out of spite for the SEC Network when you could easily just never watch the channel instead?? That seems like a rational decision.

Here you go GWP.

Aug 16, 2014, 1:26 PM

Degree of difficulty 5.6

Let's see what you got.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Link to where I tried to claim that I made

Aug 16, 2014, 1:26 PM [ in reply to Re: So what does everyone think of the SEC network so far? ]

a rational decision?

Also, I don't really have much need for those movie channels so why would I keep them while contributing to the SEC Network? So yeah, it wasn't only rational, but it was also fiscally responsible.

^^^sweetchuck, you have 2 unanswered questions

Aug 16, 2014, 1:36 PM

from this post. Come on, don't give up now...

could you give him a few minutes, i'm sure he's using up

Aug 16, 2014, 1:36 PM

all his lifelines.

Re: ^^^sweetchuck, you have 2 unanswered questions

Aug 16, 2014, 1:48 PM [ in reply to ^^^sweetchuck, you have 2 unanswered questions ]

I see only one question & my answer is it seems like you made the right call. If you weren't ever watching those movie channels then sure, drop down a package. I just like having more variety on my viewing guide. To each his own.

Re: ^^^sweetchuck, you have 2 unanswered questions

Aug 16, 2014, 1:51 PM

i'm sure he's still waiting for the link just like the rest of us

Ok...now we're getting somewhere.

Aug 16, 2014, 1:52 PM [ in reply to Re: ^^^sweetchuck, you have 2 unanswered questions ]

Thanks for reassuring me that I made the right call. Now about that counting thing, there were two question marks. However, answering the first question is probably unnecessary at this point because the answer is probably implied by the second question and your answer above.

Good work sweetchuck!

keep the $20, but i told you they were trainable with a

Aug 16, 2014, 1:54 PM

firm hand and the proper application of leverage.

Message was edited by: deadsolidperfect®

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum with which to

Aug 16, 2014, 2:11 PM

place it on and I shall move the world.

Is that what you are saying, DSP?

I'm not sure he was implying that would work for you***

Aug 16, 2014, 2:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

naturally, some levers are longer than others...

Aug 16, 2014, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum with which to ]

looking at you bob

Hold up, what package do you have to have the

Aug 16, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: So what does everyone think of the SEC network so far? ]

premium movie channels tagged into a sports package?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "IDK, my mom pays for my cable" package.***

Aug 16, 2014, 4:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

^^^A coot that works for the cable company^^^

Aug 16, 2014, 3:38 PM [ in reply to Re: So what does everyone think of the SEC network so far? ]

Pretty much the worst person alive.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

IDK, I boycotted all ESPN programming

Aug 16, 2014, 1:34 PM

Other than Clemson games and my life has never been better.

Love it!!!

Aug 16, 2014, 1:37 PM

Was having trouble falling asleep last night, so I turned it to the SEC Network. Oh, I fell asleep in no time! Slept like a baby! Thanks SEC Network!!!

~JKB

deeR secN,

Aug 16, 2014, 1:40 PM

Will you be showing last years Sugar Bowl ???

And last year's National Championship Game?***

Aug 16, 2014, 1:41 PM

i'm sure it was a trap game after the sec championship.***

Aug 16, 2014, 1:43 PM

After all, Auburn had nothing left to play for after

Aug 16, 2014, 1:44 PM

they had won the SEC.

it probably took malzahn over a month to explain to his

Aug 16, 2014, 1:46 PM

players why they were being asked to play another gane.

:)

Aug 16, 2014, 2:05 PM

Now that was funny

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

It's the greatest.***

Aug 16, 2014, 2:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Aug 16, 2014, 2:31 PM

I haven't even thought about turning my TV channel to the SEC network.

And probably never will until they show the Cops: SEC edition episodes

Didn't you lose ESPNU as well?***

Aug 16, 2014, 2:39 PM

Nope, still have that***

Aug 16, 2014, 3:05 PM

Haven't watched one minute yet

Aug 16, 2014, 4:15 PM

What live sports are they showing? Not sure how much Finebaum and Jesse Palmer talk shows I can stomach.

I know exactly how much I could stomach...

Aug 16, 2014, 4:52 PM

that's why I haven't, and don't plan to tune in unless they have the only access to a non-conference game that I want to see them lose.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has "Jesse Palmer: Fashion Police" aired yet?

Aug 16, 2014, 4:42 PM

"OMG! Coach Muschamp, why aren't you wearing a skinny tie? Overall, his suit is just hideous. My rating: Coach Muschamp gets two snaps and a... Hated It!

Later in today's episode we explore Coach Saban's closet for the latest trends in pigmy fashion. Can't wait!"

~JKB

Of what you speak?***

Aug 16, 2014, 7:34 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you talking about ESPN?***

Aug 16, 2014, 7:35 PM

SEC what?

Aug 16, 2014, 10:40 PM

Are you talking about the commission that refused to investigate who shorted all the airline flights before 9-11.

Aug 16, 2014, 11:08 PM

I am sure it is on Dish Network somewhere, but I have neither watched it nor looked for it. Probably won't watch it.

Stinking turd comes to mind when I think of $EC network.***

Aug 17, 2014, 8:22 AM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Aug 19, 2014, 8:22 PM

Aug 19, 2014, 8:29 PM

The SEC Network is boring, everyone knows that, no games yet, and current content is just bad. But based upon the news, the teams in the SEC will gladly take their 40 million each season in revenue from this crap station. All of the conference Channels are bad to be honest, horrid content outside of the live games. SEC Network is really bad, hard to watch so far, even if an SEC fan. The only worth is in games televised. But that Network worked a deal with ESPN and all the carriers that will bring those schools 40 mill a year within three seasons. They will take the money and run.

Again, you guys are NOT helping the recruiting process by

Aug 20, 2014, 2:56 PM

constantly complaining about television coverage that the SEC receives.

But I guess that's just my opinion & maybe complaining about complaining doesn't help either.

Oh well! Whatever! DESTROY GEORGIA!

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic