Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So we fill an 80K+ seat stadium weekly...50K+ are IPTAY
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,863

So we fill an 80K+ seat stadium weekly...50K+ are IPTAY

Jan 3, 2017, 4:37 PM

and Clemson advised they would have 17.5K left for fans of their national championship ticket allotment after receiving thousands more requests than they can accomodate.

Bama...even crazier than that.

And people are expecting a "flood of tickets" come Thursday to be available to the secondary market.

Math is your friend.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we fill an 80K+ seat stadium weekly...50K+ are IPTAY

Jan 3, 2017, 4:38 PM

Math is not welcome on Tnet.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

This "flood of tickets" that has been mentioned...

Jan 3, 2017, 4:42 PM

may occur but if it does (and that's a big if IMO), the prices will still be significantly in excess of face value.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: This "flood of tickets" that has been mentioned...

Jan 3, 2017, 4:44 PM

I read the market is down to about 1200 tickets available earlier. I bet it never goes over 4500 available, even when the allotments hit. And I agree, it won't drop much if any.

Cusschamp isn't a bad recruiter...

Jan 3, 2017, 4:52 PM

He's just a lousy coach.

He had infinitely more resources and talent at Florida and still managed to step on his own johnson with golf shoes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same as last year and they Dropped.

Jan 3, 2017, 5:05 PM

People order more tickets "just in case" Then people will decide not to go and sell. And tickets drop for EVERY GAME 2-3 days before the game.

If you aren't standing behind our troops overseas, how about standing in front of them?!

Tampa is a lot easier to get to than Arizona

Jan 3, 2017, 5:32 PM

you can drive a carload of people for a couple hundred bucks

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 3, 2017, 5:06 PM

Look man, you may be right (I have zero confidence in that and neither do the professional brokers who do this for a living), but prices are not going to spike I can promise you. The get in price for the 2013 BCS game was $500 and the average dropped 47% by gameday. That game had the best traveling fan base in the country (Notre Dame) who had not been to a championship in 20 years and who hadn't played in two postseason games before that championship or the year before, thus fatiguing the fan base. It was also three national championship games ago for Alabama. The fact that this game is in driving distance for both fan bases also means that people can wait until the day before to decide if they're going to go which means tickets sit on the markets waiting to be dropped in price. I'll come back and eat crow if not. For you to continue to post this tells me you're hoping prices don't drop cause you're trying to make a profit? No?

Jan 3, 2017, 5:07 PM

No, you're just paranoid and trying to convince yourself I'm only posting to pad my own back pocket. I have my three tickets and am not reselling.

Jan 3, 2017, 5:17 PM

Good for you! Enjoy the game. I will too. See you next week to own up to your predictions.

I think you're being overly-optimistic as well...

Jan 3, 2017, 5:28 PM

for whatever that's worth.

Jan 3, 2017, 6:13 PM

My daughter worked for a large ticket broker while in college. She called today to see if he had any available and he told her that based on demand it will be 70:30 Clemson:Tide. He is now selling tickets in Bama sections to Clemson fans for 1000.

Jan 3, 2017, 6:23 PM

That would be amazing to see on TV. 70% of the stadium wearing Orange, even peppered throughout the Alabama sections!

Hopefully with the extra # of people in the stadium the 12th man would be in full effect, throwing Hurts snap counts off.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,863
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic