Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. I just want to update all of you
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 61
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. I just want to update all of you

Dec 30, 2017, 12:58 PM

who have prayed for my dad the past few days. I have very much appreciated all of your messages and tmails. I shared many of them with my dad and my mother in the past few days. This morning about 2 am he passed away. It was a very quick turn of events over the past few days. He will be sorely missed by not only his family, but many, many former players he coached and student he taught at Reidville Elemantary, Duncan Elementary , and D.R. Hill. My dad was an alum of Wofford, Furman, and Clemson.

I shared this story several years ago and I want to repeat it now. In 1992 or 1993, my dad, my mother, and my wife went to the North Carolina game in Chapel Hill and stayed in the team hotel....Not our teams, but the dad gum blue bellies. Well, my dad, always the jokester, and I got on the elevator to go down for the game. When the door opened, five of the biggest t
Tarheels you ever saw were on the elevator. They were wearing baby blue sport coats with stiff white collars with UNC embroidered on them. We step in and my dad, about 5'11" at that time, had his nose stuck squarely in the chest of the middle tarheel, and my dad says,"Uhm , do you fellas play football"..( they were all about 6'5", 280Lbs) and the middle one, in a deep bass voice says,"Yessir, we are the STARTING OFFINSIVE LINE FOR THE UNIVERSITY of NORTH CAROLINA TARHELLS"........

.....My dad, nose still buried in his chest says,"Huh, Where's your big guys".....I thought I was gonna fall out on the floor and die from laughing that very minute!

I will miss him greatly!

Spud

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My deepest sympathy on the death of your dad. Loved

Dec 30, 2017, 1:02 PM

The UNC story!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry for you're loss Spud***

Dec 30, 2017, 1:08 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Condolences to you and your family, Spud. That's a great

Dec 30, 2017, 1:09 PM

story by the way - your Dad sounds like quite a guy!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Condolences to you and your family, Spud. That's a great

Dec 30, 2017, 1:13 PM

I’m so sorry about your dad Spud. I can’t imagine the pain of that type loss. God bless you and your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So sorry for your loss. Prayers for your family.***

Dec 30, 2017, 1:13 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: Good morning everybody. I just want to update all of you

Dec 30, 2017, 1:20 PM

Spud, I am so sorry to hear of your Dad’s passing. Will be praying for you and your family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss Spud, not looking forward to losing my

Dec 30, 2017, 1:23 PM

parents but know it's coming eventually. Prayers for you and the family and may your dad rejoice with our Lord and savior in Heaven while still pulling for our Tigers!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry for your loss Spud, not looking forward to losing my

Dec 30, 2017, 1:27 PM

So sorry to hear that Spud. I was praying ya'll would get back on the Wando one day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 1:29 PM

Spud, blessings of strength comfort and peace on all of you. So sorry to hear this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 1:31 PM

So sorry for your loss Spud. May he Rest In Peace. My condolences.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 1:33 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
Continued prayers as you go through this difficult time.

Dec 30, 2017, 1:48 PM

Spud I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers for you and your family

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 30, 2017, 1:58 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. I will continue to pray for your family and all who loved him. You know he has the best seat in the house!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very sorry to hear the news, Spud. Please,

Dec 30, 2017, 2:12 PM

accept and express to your family my deepest sympathies.

Harry

Dec 30, 2017, 2:19 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Your family are in my prayers

Sorry for your loss spud...

Dec 30, 2017, 2:21 PM

:(

Be thankful you've had your dad as long as you did.. As mine passed almost two weeks after I turned 13(Liver cancer) almost 24 years ago...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spud, Sorry to hear about your Dad. You and your family

Dec 30, 2017, 2:22 PM

Will be in my prayers during this difficult time.

Great story. Sorry for your loss...***

Dec 30, 2017, 2:39 PM

great story !

Dec 30, 2017, 2:52 PM

sounds like Dad was quite a character. Sorry for your loss, buddy. Know that he will be with you when you are watching the Tigers or fishing. Hang in there.
Your friend in AZ

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 2:56 PM

Continued prayers for you, your family, and everyone who loves your dad.

So sorry for your loss. My mom taught at D.R. Hill for 25

Dec 30, 2017, 3:02 PM

years so I’m pretty sure they were aquatinted. Sending prayers for you and the family. God bless!

Sorry foy your loss, Spud.

Dec 30, 2017, 3:07 PM

May you and your family find peace.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry for your loss Spud

Dec 30, 2017, 3:37 PM

Glad you had the time together with him that you did. Thanks for the UNC story, sounds like he was a wonderful man.

I feel for you, Spud. God bless.***

Dec 30, 2017, 3:41 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 4:04 PM

Spud .... I loved you mom and dad and was so deeply saddened to hear about your dad, but we both know that he is in good hands. I'll continue to keep your mom and the family in my prayers. When it is appropriate I will tell some funny stories. The story about your dad in Chapel Hill sounds just like him. He was a wonderful man with a great sense of humor.

Dec 30, 2017, 4:12 PM

Thanks for sharing that great story. Memories like that is what will help you the most through this tough time. I’ll be praying for you and your family.

Dec 30, 2017, 4:31 PM

sorry to hear that spud, will keep you and your family in my prayers. great story btw!

Dec 30, 2017, 5:39 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. He sounds like a great man. You know he will be pulling for his Tigers on Monday night from a very good seat! I hope all your wonderful memories of him will carry you through this time of grief. I will keep your family in my prayers.

Dec 30, 2017, 5:43 PM

I’m so sorry for your loss. I appreciate you sharing that story. My condolences and prayers to you and your family.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, so sorry. Prayers for all of you. Good story memory.***

Dec 30, 2017, 7:46 PM

Prayers sent******

Dec 30, 2017, 7:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2017, 8:10 PM

Sorry Spud. Really hard to take such a loss in the Christmas season. But you have lots of other Christmases with your Pop and all Christmases are as close as we get in this life to a slice of eternity. Don't associate the loss in your mind as Christmas, instead you need to focus on the wonderful times you had with him, including the Christmases. Prayers for you and your family and may your Dad rest in the peace that passes understanding.

Dec 30, 2017, 8:54 PM

This is such sad news. I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost my Dad in 1994 and miss him to this day. May the good memories and love for your Dad sustain you and your family during this time. (I hope you have your Dad's sense of humor:)

Send me your email address in a tmail....I will send you a

Dec 30, 2017, 9:50 PM

20 second video of my escapades at the 2006 GT game....

Dec 30, 2017, 8:56 PM

Very sorry for your loss..

Dec 30, 2017, 11:45 PM

Sorry to learn of your loss. My Dad died in 2001 and I miss him still, especially during football season. When did your father finish Wofford? I am a graduate myself. You and family will be in my prayers during a difficult time, but the Lord will sustain you.

1956***

Dec 30, 2017, 11:47 PM

Dec 30, 2017, 9:24 PM

Please accept my condolences, Spud. I pray for strength over your loss for you and your family in the coming days. I hope they are full of fond memories of your father and that those memories ease the pain of your loss. From your story, it seems like your father was one heck of a man

Dec 30, 2017, 9:40 PM

Spud, the pain of losing someone you love is deep and everlasting. As time passes the wound heals but the scar remains, the only thing we have to help us through times like this is knowing that some day we will be re-united with our loved ones. In parting, the next time you are down on the Wando and hook a big red and you hear a familiar voice telling you how to play him, you'll know who it is. May God bless you and your family.

Prayers...

Dec 30, 2017, 9:31 PM

...for you and your family! God bless and may His peace and strength surround and empower you all through these days and may the stories continue to be told.

One more story about my dad. In 1954 or so, when he was a

Dec 30, 2017, 10:00 PM

student at Wofford College..now keep in mind, my dad became a pillar of the community in Duncan...but as an 18 to 19 year old college student, he and two friends got a bright idea. A friend of theirs was on the throne on the second floor of their dorm, and the three of them got the inclination to play a practical joke on him. As he was sitting enjoying his morning constitution, they would go upstairs and drop a cherry bomb in the toilet, flush it, and hopefully the explosion would blow water up on the intended victim. One other note, my father's father, was a well known Methodist minister.(Wofford is a Methodist College). So, my dad was the lookout, they drop the lit cherry bomb and all run. My dad goes immediately to the basketball game to keep the stats. And...during the game, he looks up and one of his cohorts walks in the gym with a sick look on his face. You see, the cherry bomb had not gone down the drain( thank the Lord) but has stayed in the bowl. IT BLEW THE TOILET APART AT THE WATERLINE!! There is a picture of it in the yearly annual. So, when your youngster makes an immature decision that does no real harm, have hope.. He may go on to greater things...

So very sorry for your loss Spud

Dec 30, 2017, 11:01 PM

Your dad sounds like he was a great man with a wonderful sense of humor. I know he will be missed terribly but you can take solace in his amazing legacy. Praying for you and your family. God bless.

What great memories you must have of your dad. I think

Dec 31, 2017, 12:18 AM

he'll be watching Monday night.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2017, 12:19 AM

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. Prayers for you and your family.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just want to offer my condolences Spud.

Dec 31, 2017, 12:25 AM

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

My heart breaks for you and your family

Dec 31, 2017, 12:58 AM

We are praying for you all to have peace and comfort and healing beyond our understanding as only our Perfect Heavenly Father could. In Jesus Name, Amen.

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 31, 2017, 4:06 AM

I'm truly sorry that you and your family are having to go through this kind of sorrow and deep pain. I will pray for our lord and savior to help and allow you and your family some comfort through this painful time in your lives, God bless you and yours Amen....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2017, 7:05 AM

So sorry for your loss, Spud. Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Dec 31, 2017, 7:14 AM

My condolences to you, your family and friends in this tough time, Spud.

Dec 31, 2017, 8:20 AM

Condolences .... it hurts but they are better off n heaven...my mom & dad went there a few years back.....I'm thinking your dad and mine and all their Clemson buddies can maybe trip a couple of Bama players...spike their water, and move the ball for needed first downs......but for sure if they don't I know they will all be watching.....
Regards,
e

Sounds like a great guy

Dec 31, 2017, 9:48 AM

In C, there "will never be a day that we won't be" - thankfully, in time, you'll see him again.

May the Good Lord meet your father...

Dec 31, 2017, 10:01 AM

a the door in person. And God's great comfort to you and your family. Sounds like your father will never die in your good memories though.

Sorry for your loss.***

Dec 31, 2017, 10:05 AM

Spud I'm sorry. Lost my dad a little over a year ago.

Dec 31, 2017, 10:07 AM

I miss him more than I ever thought I would. Sounds like your dad lived life to the fullest! God bless you all.

Our Prayers are with you and your family.***

Dec 31, 2017, 10:38 AM

so sorry spud,god be with you & family***

Dec 31, 2017, 11:04 AM

God Bless!! One day you and your family will all be

Dec 31, 2017, 11:20 AM

together again with your Dad in Heaven!!

seems to me, his legacy lives on in you!

Dec 31, 2017, 1:53 PM

While I don’t know you personally, I am quite certain your Dad is very proud of the man you’ve become.

May you walk the memories of your days with him until he gets to greet you with open arms and another couple of even better stories, although that one was priceless!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2017, 2:45 PM

Spud, I wish I had the opportunity to meet your dad. Your post represented him well and we could tell he was a great man and there was a strong bond between the two of you. Prayers are with you and your family!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spud. Prayers for you and your family. Go Dad ! Go Tigers !***

Dec 31, 2017, 3:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like a great man, and you sir

Dec 31, 2017, 4:36 PM

seem to be a chip off the old block.

Replies: 61
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic