Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So truth, many agrees...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 423

So truth, many agrees...

Apr 4, 2014, 12:53 PM

If you don't like dogs, consider yourself not welcome to my hood

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like dogs so much I know better than to get one of my

Apr 4, 2014, 12:57 PM

own.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish more people thought like this. I want a third dog,

Apr 4, 2014, 1:01 PM

but don't want to have to pay for more food and more vet bills.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cant you trade a kid for a dog?***

Apr 4, 2014, 1:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Yep. I do try to be practical when it comes to

Apr 4, 2014, 1:05 PM [ in reply to I wish more people thought like this. I want a third dog, ]

stuff like that. A dog needs a lot of care, one isn't just a toy to use then put in a box. I do not want something that needs my attention every 6-8 hours. I do not want to have to keep anything alive. It doesn't matter that I could probably have 5-6 more Aero-ladies if I had a dog.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yup, I want a dog so badly but I know that it's not wise

Apr 4, 2014, 1:09 PM

for me at this point, it would be unfair to the dog

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can respect that, at least you're not one of these morons

Apr 4, 2014, 1:03 PM [ in reply to I like dogs so much I know better than to get one of my ]

who get one and leave it on a chain all of the time. I know one fool who got a puppy, ended up not having time for it and gave it to the pound. Then he turned around and got another one a couple of months later. People that stupid need to be in forced labor camps.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My first rule is to live in a place where the dog can move

Apr 4, 2014, 1:07 PM

from inside to outside as it wishes. I'd have a large mud room with a doggy door to a fenced in back yard. This way if I need to be gone, the dog is okay.

^^ this is troof

Apr 4, 2014, 1:24 PM

I have a setup like you described. Can leave my dogs for a weekend - or more - with them having any discomfort whatsoever. Leave an extra bowl of water and they are set.

Dogs, for some strange reason, eat hardly anything when you are away. There's always a surplus left when you get back home. Every dog I have ever owned is like that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd guess it is because they are smart enough to know

Apr 4, 2014, 1:27 PM

where food comes from. Also smart enough to notice the difference when you are leaving for a few hours or for days. Thus they ration the food.

Soccer, can set up a camera on Cole's food bowl and see if he behaves differently if you take a suitcase with you when you leave for work?

Mine def know when I'm getting ready for a "trip"

Apr 4, 2014, 1:33 PM

If I start to fill a cooler, or pack an overnight bag, they start going crazy and will not let me get out of their sight (I take them on many trips and they loooove to ride). They stay between me and the door so they won't get left behind. Many times I "trick" them and load up the night before so they don't freak so bad the next morning.

When I'm going to work, or to the store, or to a ballgame, they could care less what I'm doing.

THEY KNOW. Somehow.

One of my friend's dogs would get ever so sad if they

Apr 4, 2014, 1:35 PM

saw me and and one of her suitcases at the same time. Any other time they just barked and acted like they wanted to eat me.

Somehow, mine senses when it's time to go to the lake...

Apr 4, 2014, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Mine def know when I'm getting ready for a "trip" ]

When I let him out Saturday mornings all he'll do is go to the truck and whine to get in.

do you even Labrador Retreiver bro?

Apr 4, 2014, 1:29 PM [ in reply to ^^ this is troof ]

if i left a bucket, she would eat a bucket

if i left a 50# bag, she would be dead. With her head in the bag.

Labs will eat whatever is out.

no, I don't Lab

Apr 4, 2014, 1:35 PM

I like smaller dogs that will live 12-15 years.

the biggest problem with small dogs is

Apr 4, 2014, 1:38 PM

they live ~ 15 years

That's funny, they'd only survive a couple weeks at my house***

Apr 4, 2014, 3:24 PM

#ACCFTS

All dogs love me. Even dogs that have maimed others.

Apr 4, 2014, 12:58 PM

Dogs know dog people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That they do. However, in the case of my pup, if he senses

Apr 4, 2014, 1:04 PM

you don't like him, he's not going to leave you alone.

Replies: 18
| visibility 423
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic