Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective....

Dec 7, 2015, 5:01 PM

The big 12 is known for the spread offense. Oklahoma has beaten traditionally good spread offenses this year: TCU, Baylor and Oklahoma State.

However, they beat

TCU- without starting QB Trevon Boykin (injury)

Baylor- without starting QB Seth Russel(injury) OR backup starter Jarrett Stidham (injury)

Okl. State - without starting QB Mason Rudolph.(injury)

Oklahoma beat 3 seasonally good air raid/spread offenses....BUT without the QB's that made them good.

Further, of those 'qaulity wins":

Total Defense rankings

TCU- #66

Baylor- #59

Okla.St.- #95

Clemson Total Defense rank #7.

I like our chances. :)

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, just not concerned with Ok AT ALL...

Dec 7, 2015, 5:36 PM

1.They have a paltry running game, and between Mack and Tank they won't get jack through the air. I think Mayfield spends a lot of time on the run from Shaq, and Boulware's heat seeking missile mentality get a handful of bone crunching hits on the kid during the game.

2.Like their defense is gonna stop ours? Please.

Prediction: Dominate Win

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective....

Dec 7, 2015, 5:43 PM

Kinda like your best win over a team that out gained you by a 140 yards playing their backup QB?

Sure...

Dec 7, 2015, 11:25 PM

But Kizer has been nothing short of wonderful in relief of Malik Zaire.

The QB's you beat were nothing short of...average

Fine, ND lost who they thought would be their QB

Dec 8, 2015, 9:06 AM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

very early in the season. Did you happen to catch what our back up QB did do you last year? That guy was on the verge of going down as one of the worst starting QBs in Clemson history. Fair or not, that was the path he was on. Instead, he dismantles the Sonners. What in God's name are you going to do with Watson?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fine, ND lost who they thought would be their QB

Dec 8, 2015, 9:14 AM

Exactly what does last year have to do with this? Clemson was the 5th loss in a craptastic season.

Dec 8, 2015, 9:46 AM

I agree stats are misleading. I am a Clemson homer, but Wake, Boston College, App State, and Wofford were defensive stat builders for Clemson just as Oklahoma built their offensive stats against lesser opponents. We have given up significant yardage in the latter part of the season. On the other hand, Wake and BC defensively are good teams if you look at how they played everyone regardless of their win/loss record. I believe Clemson can go toe to toe and win against any team in the country offensively. They put up some big numbers against very good defenses. Scoring doesn't always tell the true story as Dabo is not one to run up the score and gets his subs as much playing time as possible. I think Clemson spent the whole second half experimenting on offense against Wake Forest and not really trying to run up the score on them, but anyone that watched that game and others know we could have score 50+ points in a lot of the games we played. Both teams will have time to get healthy and bring their A game. Anyone that thinks this is a repeat of last year is wrong. Oklahoma is vastly improved over last years team on both sides of the ball. Clemson is not as great as last year on defense, but they are certainly vastly improved on offense and have proven they can score on tough defenses. 2.5 points is not a big margin for a reason. Clemson has issues on special teams, has made numerous mental errors, and has turned the ball over quite a bit towards the end of the season. I think these issues, if not corrected, will bite Clemson no matter who we play. If we don't beat ourselves, then I think Clemson can beat anyone.

Dec 8, 2015, 10:04 AM [ in reply to Fine, ND lost who they thought would be their QB ]

Crush him! Put is ear hole in the dirt, make him cry, make him wish he didn't have to take another snap. You get the picture.

Dec 7, 2015, 5:44 PM

You're funny...thinking stats have anything to do with the absolute beating your team... the baby tigers are going to take come Dec 31st! OU will be giving your team it's first defeat of the season and will wipe that stupid smile of dabo's face!Get ready for it!

Blah, Blah, Blah

Dec 7, 2015, 5:53 PM

Where did you come from?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Blah, Blah, Blah

Dec 8, 2015, 6:44 AM

his mommy's basement

His Mommy's anus***

Dec 8, 2015, 6:48 AM

Probably somewhere just outside Columbia.***

Dec 8, 2015, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Blah, Blah, Blah ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 7, 2015, 5:55 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

You will be crying in your beer like you did after the Texas game. Clemson does not care about you or anybody else in the country thinks.

Dec 8, 2015, 12:11 PM

I so can't wait for this game!

Dec 7, 2015, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

> You're funny...thinking stats have anything to do
> with the absolute beating your team... the baby
> tigers are going to take come Dec 31st! OU will be
> giving your team it's first defeat of the season and
> will wipe that stupid smile of dabo's face!Get ready
> y for it!

I've been with your mom.

;)

So you're the one stealing my size 36 boxers and leaving...

Dec 8, 2015, 6:47 AM

those size 44 tightiewhities with the brown stripe up the back, huh?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2015, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

She said you were acting like a little girl wearing panties and wept into your pillow all night.

Dec 8, 2015, 6:37 AM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

You got boat raced by a Clemson team WITHOUT a heisman QB not 1 year ago. I like our chances against the "Paper Sooners".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2015, 12:15 PM

Only time will tell! Can't wait till you're is exposed for the hacks they really are! acc..what'ev!

Your quarterback is the best scrambling QB in the nation.

Dec 8, 2015, 6:44 AM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

His survival instinct is highly developed behind that weak bunch you call an offensive line.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2015, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

I'll be sure to tell your mom to remind you to post something after we crush your championship dreams. ??

Dec 8, 2015, 8:55 AM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

boomer fan using coot logic.....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

OU has certainly proven that they can go toe to toe with

Dec 8, 2015, 9:00 AM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

the elite of college football. (cough, cough) (snicker, snicker)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2015, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: So, to put Oklahoma-Mania in perspective.... ]

But will they provide you with an education in grammar?

Dec 8, 2015, 8:56 AM

Excellent point

Their fans could do the same to us

Dec 8, 2015, 9:15 AM

And Oklahoma fan could take stats and say that Syracuse, Wake, Boston College and the coots have no defense and skew our stats too. And a few of these teams we played were without their starting QBs. You play who is on your schedule, and anyone that has watched Clemson or Oklahoma play this season , knows both teams are really good. I just like to be objective from all regards

meant to say that wake, BC, SYRACUSE COOTS HAVE

Dec 8, 2015, 9:16 AM

no offense

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic