Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I haven't posted anything since the loss, but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

I haven't posted anything since the loss, but...

Dec 3, 2013, 2:38 PM

... we got beat by our rival...again. It hurt, but I feel like we need to remember something. Recruits don't care. They don't ask, "did you beat your rival?" Only us Clemson fans care that we lost to them 5 straight. We're supposed to care. But it shouldn't affect how we feel about the future of this team. Losing to SCar doesn't change our national relevance, our recruiting efforts, or erase the progress this team has made over the last 5 years. To everyone else inside the College football industry (not reporters, announcers and fans) it means nothing. It means nothing more and nothing less than had we lost to any other school on our way to a 10-2 record. At the end of the year, all recruits, coaches, players and those who actually have and effect on our future will see is 10-2, a BCS bowl, and a top 15 (or better) finish.

That said, loose by 30+ points in another BCS bowl game and my argument changes considerably. But for now, this loss hasn't hurt this program.. it has only hurt our feelings.

Understandably so. But the coaches, players and leaders at Clemson University can live with our little feelings being hurt if it means continuing to grow this program into a national/elite program. Every program that got there had to go through growing pains. I'm okay with some short term hurt feelings if it means long term euphoria. Thankfully, most coaches, players, recruits and administrators feel the same way. We pay them to keep their emotions in check and make the best decisions for this program. As long as we're growing, I don't really give a rat's tail who we lose to along the way.

Go Tigers! Beat Bama!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: I haven't posted anything since the loss, but...

Dec 3, 2013, 2:39 PM

I bet it does resonate a bit with local recruits. And we've lost the local recruiting battle with them the last 4 to 5 years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

and it was on national tv and whoever stayed tune saw us

Dec 3, 2013, 2:46 PM

blowup again and live up to our reputation that we have been trying to shed. We still have our "brand" out there for recruits in other states to see, opposing coaches to sell to recruits when visitibg their campus. Don't fool yourself into thinking that it won't be brought up when a 5 star recruit is trying to decide between a select few schools that we have a "reputation". Some people may only remember FSU and SCar because they only tune into the big games and never see us "show out" against lesser opponents.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a weak response

Dec 3, 2013, 2:49 PM

RU had it right. You're just wrong. In State recruits MAYBE.... kids don't join schools to beat South Carolina. That's ridiculous.

my response had nothing to do with losing to scar, it had to

Dec 3, 2013, 2:58 PM

do with the way we did it. I don't really care what your opinion is either.

That might be the healthiest point of view we could take

Dec 3, 2013, 2:42 PM

but it's also the hardest one to take... but overall, you're right! +1

Well...glad you're OK, well & back posting Tiger Man! ***

Dec 3, 2013, 2:52 PM

GoTiGS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't come here much any more, lightbulb. Too many nuts ;)***

Dec 3, 2013, 2:53 PM

So what you're saying is we, like the national media,

Dec 3, 2013, 3:10 PM

shouldn't care about losing to South Carolina? That we should "just be happy we won 10 games?"

How many teams with winning records did we beat?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think that sums it up pretty well +1

Dec 3, 2013, 3:11 PM

i'm sure it does have a negative affect on some recruits & in-states as well, but most of us from SC know growing up who our team is & where you want to go...whether you'll play sports or not.
athletes do have it a little different because they have to weigh the pros & cons for each school courting them...scholarship money, location, national recognition of the school & perspectives/opinions on the team, how they'd fit in our scheme & whatnot, etc...
but i still believe we're looking good in that category even with the USuCk loss & FSU is the best in the nation so far, so that has to be acceptable, even though we are better than that score showed too, & should've competed better. we've had a ton of exposure this year & what player in their right mind has seen us play this year on TV or live in the stands or sidelines, seen our stadium, entrance, rabid fan-base...and wouldn't see what Clemson has to offer them & not want to come here...unless it's just not their scene & they like the big city life or their bound for the best team in the nation (which will hopefully be us again very soon if we keep winning 10+ games consistently!).
we've had tons of exposure & folks will either listen to the media or make their own opinion. some folks are bandwagon winner fans, some under-dog lovers, but without a doubt Dabo has done well representing us & the players too for the most part & that says a lot, means a lot, & goes a long way with recruits & them thinking about their future.
we're still improving & heading in the right direction. we could use some nice breaks on a few fronts to get that complete season, but what top team hasn't ever had to rely on a little good luck or fortune to win it all...just look at the scores & records of the teams that have won in the last decade, much less when we took the title.
we can't be so quick to abandon ship just because some may think there's a hole in it, then it just floats around & never gets where it's supposed to be going, but probably takes a long time sinking without a crew or captain. it has to be looked at for the long term & studied & given a chance to make it & that time has not been allotted to our coaching staff yet IMO.
Right the ship & let's go get better & win! do what you have to do Dabo & company. use the loss as a selling point to do something we haven't done in awhile, like win a BCS, USuCK game, FSU...point is if these kids WANT to be recognized & get exposure this is a perfect school for it because we play those big teams too, so if you haven't joined them you can beat them & really open eyes...it's how star athletes are made...either being or beating the big fellas ;)

Go Tigers!

It definitely hurts with in state recruiting

Dec 3, 2013, 3:19 PM

Who wants to play for the team that gets steamrolled against the school all their buddies are going to?

most players & their "buddies" don't end up at the same

Dec 3, 2013, 3:36 PM

school anyways, so don't be so naive or ridiculous...how often does that honestly happen, seriously.

And so with that being said:
I guess Sammy, Tajh, CJ, & the ongoing list of top-notch recruits we have gotten over the years (including those years we've lost the clucks) just didn't see the importance of that 1 in-state game by a team that can't get to a decent bowl-game or BCS, or real Championship of any kind as all.

I guess they just figured they should go to Clemson where they'd never get a chance to do anything great, but gee that didn't happen. We will continue to recruit well & there are lots of fish in the sea.

one player can't make or break your season or one recruit even. they can help, sure. but, even Clowney hasn't done much for the clucks this year & nobody can deny that...3 sacks for "best player in the country" but a library full of excuses & disappointment over him & his performances this year.

it's funny how so many folks & clucks want to say how bad Tajh is, but at least he dresses out & gives it his best effort! can't say the same can ya coot! :)

again...get off our board 'jusdoodoo"

So those recruits would rather go to the team who...

Dec 3, 2013, 4:07 PM

has won one conference championship in their lifetime in the weakest football conference only to get a record setting amount of points scored on them in their only BCS bowl? Alright them!

Re: So those recruits would rather go to the team who...

Dec 3, 2013, 5:08 PM

how many players did we each get drafted in the NFL...?

Dec 3, 2013, 5:12 PM

must be working despite that your team must feel really insignificant still...even though you've beaten us 5 in a row.
yep, guess that's why all you coots, clucks, & dumbfocks are trolling on our boards!

Go Tigers!
Keep up the rise & win the bowlgame!!!

Dec 3, 2013, 5:21 PM [ in reply to So those recruits would rather go to the team who... ]

LOL CCU

Re: I want to win ten games and have SC as one of those

Dec 3, 2013, 3:45 PM

wins. Just one more time.

That's probably true, but in reality what did the 10 wins

Dec 3, 2013, 4:01 PM

consist of? One good win (GA w/o injuries), a few OK wins (Tech, BC, Maybe Md or State), and then some serious junk (Wake, SCState, Citadel, UVA, Cuse). Our performance in games against good competition leaves a good bit to be desired. In 2011 we did beat FSU and Va Tech, but then laid eggs against Ga Tech and State. We did beat Va Tech in the ACCCG, but then you know what happened in the orange bowl. The last two years we have been thumped by FSU and scar, and beat LSU in the bowl. Overall, it's not that we don't win some big games, it's that when we don't win, we look like chumps. We play bad and are not even in the right zip code. Ten wins is nice, but in the losses we have to be competitive and in the game until the end, something we can't say the last 3 years.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic