Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, this past Friday, in excruciating pain, I went to the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 644

So, this past Friday, in excruciating pain, I went to the

Sep 30, 2020, 11:33 AM

hospital with a 10mm(!) kidney stone. I had to go through a CT scan the day before to confirm to any idiots at the insurance company that it was indeed a kidney stone. Then an X-Ray the morning of the procedure to see if it had moved. Sure, a 10mm stone is going to move.

I had general anesthesia, and the urologist used a camera to guide a laser probe up the urethra, through the bladder, into the right kidney ureter, all the way up to the boulder, and then hit it with bursts to fracture it with heat. Once the doc is satisfied with his efforts, he withdraws the laser and leaves a stent for the stone pieces to flow through, and to keep the wounded interior of the ureter from growing back together. I did mention general anesthesia, correct?

After a week or so, they will pull out the stent like trying to start a Briggs & Stratton, and everything is unicorns. It's the event itself, the procedure, and the recovery that are so pleasant and life-giving. General anesthesia is no picnic, even with the good stuff they have now. You wake up fine, but your body knows it has been assaulted, and you can't figure out why you're sore all over, until you remember the severe chills and nausea preceding the event, and the absolutely stopped gut movement from the anesthesia and opioids.

Which brings me to the final blessed event of the recovery: the very first painkiller pewp, which occurred yesterday morning, at 3:36 am, after a soothing 38 minutes of labor, coming in at 3.6 pounds. (I had the presence of mind to get on the scale before giving birth.) It felt like a soup can, possibly sideways. This was *after* prescription stool softeners.

Last time I went through this was 7 years ago, at almost the exact time of year, when we played Georgia in the Valley for Gameday.

Outside of that, not much else going on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

You should post this in r/sounding***

Sep 30, 2020, 11:37 AM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

prunes are your friend.***

Sep 30, 2020, 11:39 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you could eat a quart of them *before* the stone appeared

Sep 30, 2020, 11:44 AM

it might help.

However, STP would be best.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, this past Friday, in excruciating pain, I went to the

Sep 30, 2020, 11:41 AM

Would you vote Biden for president if he could have guaranteed none of that would have happened? Anyway, that is scary.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 11:52 AM

Yeah, that colonoscopy I had yesterday was a cake walk compared to that. Starving for a day is not that bad in retrospect. The newer anesthesia they use these days is muck better. By late yesterday I felt great. Good luck on using your penor again!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, I had one on Tuesday as well....***

Oct 1, 2020, 1:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I stopped reading at uretha Ts and Ps

Sep 30, 2020, 11:52 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 11:55 AM

Glad it was a successful birth

I can’t imagine

Interesting side note, they have discovered that the bacteria in kidney stones is the same as the bacteria that is in dental plaque and crazily enough, found in the concretions lining geysers.

CSB

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

^^^ not the penthouse forum story I had hoped for.

Sep 30, 2020, 11:58 AM

Sorry for your pain and suffering. Been there, done that, got the tshirt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Drink a lot of beer...***

Sep 30, 2020, 12:36 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And quit drinking tea***

Sep 30, 2020, 4:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't had a glass of iced tea in years. Maybe 15?

Oct 1, 2020, 9:27 AM

Nobody loves iced tea more than I do.

Re: Thanks for the update

Sep 30, 2020, 5:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 9:35 AM

Congrats on all the dudes handling your peter

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahaha

Oct 1, 2020, 11:34 AM

wut?

Belongs on the P&R Board

Oct 1, 2020, 12:10 PM

at least the post painkiller poop part.

I feel your pain, brother. Literally, figuratively, politically,

Oct 1, 2020, 12:37 PM

whatever. Had a kidney stone about 10 years ago. Woke up about 3am and felt like I'd been shot in the back. Never felt pain like that before. Couldn't even stand up, crawled down the stairs on all fours, puking the whole way. Stumbled thru the doors of the emergency room screaming that I'm dying and praying to God for the sweet release of death. Hello morphine. The urologist told me - "stones can be big or small, and smooth or jagged... and you have a bigazz sand spur". Like you, they had to go thru Mr Happy, bust it up, and pull it out in pieces. Good times.

As I related here back in April, I thought I had another one. Same symptoms; pain so severe I was pizzed off that I didn't have a pistol handy to blow my brains out. Stumbled thru the doors of the emergency room again, only this time cussing out the people manning the door that wanted to ask Covid questions and take my temperature. Multiple shots of morphine again. But not a kidney stone this time, CT scan revealed diverticulitis. More good times.

In fact, I just had the colonoscopy on Tuesday that was recommended for 6 months after diverticulitis. The colon prep was just as chitty as I remembered from a prior one. And I just got the results this morning... they removed 3 small polyps and I'm good to go for 5 years.

As my uncle used to say - getting old ain't for poosays, son.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

I’d never wish a stone on anyone. ******

Oct 1, 2020, 12:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 12:57 PM

Reading that will make you squirm! Hope you feel better soon. I'm hitting some cranberry juice as soon as I hit send.

Replies: 19
| visibility 644
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic