Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BIG to resume football this fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

BIG to resume football this fall

Sep 15, 2020, 2:08 PM

No link, but the Nebraska AD was caught on a hot mic stating that the Conference will announce this evening that they are going to play football this fall. The target date is Oct 17th.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They better hurry up if they want to play in the playoffs.

Sep 15, 2020, 2:22 PM

They will have to play straight through into mid December with no bye weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well you know there will be a push to include them in CFP

Sep 15, 2020, 2:30 PM

inclusion

PC

null

Exactly

Sep 15, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to They better hurry up if they want to play in the playoffs. ]

Even if they go with 8 games they are going to still be hard pressed getting all 8 games in along with a championship game before the end of December. There will be delayed games, just look at VT. There is no way they make it all the way through before the end of December. They would really need to start by 10/5.

Re: BIG to resume football this fall

Sep 15, 2020, 2:58 PM

If they start their season Oct. 17th, they wouldn't be allowed to play in the playoffs would they. I can't see us having to sit idle for 6-8 weeks waiting on the Big to finish. That would put us at a disadvantage to them playing in a playoff game. Oct and November is when our coaches open up the play book getting us ready for the playoffs a week or 10 days after our season. Sitting idle for 6-8 weeks waiting on the Big would put us at a disadvantage in the playoffs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 3:21 PM

I’ve posted it a few times but it’s also a disadvantage if they only play 8 games while most with play at least 10 games while conference champs will play 11 and 12 games. More games equals more chances of getting hurt.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 6:50 PM [ in reply to Re: BIG to resume football this fall ]

The O is due another beat down. Last year wasn’t a large enough gap so this year we should pummel them. I do agree though, screw them. They don’t deserve to make the playoff for wimping out. Either way, Clemson still wins.

Again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2020, 3:28 PM

BoBo honkers...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they came up with a cure for myocarditis?

Sep 15, 2020, 3:32 PM

They got some splainin' to do? It was too dangerous, but now it isn't? I would love to hear them say, yeah we were worried about our players and figured that after we and the Pac 12 opted out that the rest of the conferences would too. When they didn't, we hated to be left at a disadvantage monetarily and potentially with recruiting going forward. We won't hear that. There will be some mumbo jumbo about they have figured out a way to do this safely now. I don't care either way, but there should be NO adjustment of the CFP dates to accommodate their wishy washy decision making process.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So they came up with a cure for myocarditis?

Sep 15, 2020, 4:13 PM

THIS! They made their beds, so now let them wallow in the consequences and repercussions. If they play a 10-11 game slate and finish in time to make the playoff bowl games, okay. If not, as I told my poet friend Elliot, "TS, Elliot:!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So they came up with a cure for myocarditis?

Sep 15, 2020, 6:06 PM

If they have decided to play and start on Oct 17th, that's fine with me bc I don't care nothing about what they do unless, they start crying bc they got left out the championship season that always have started in mid December. It wouldn't be fair, and it would be a disadvantage for the ACC/SEC to sit idle waiting on them to finish up their season with only playing 8 games of their choice basically for OSU. They would be the freshest team in the playoffs without the pressure of a season taking a toll of them. The championship games are meant to play the best teams after they have played a long gruelling season patching up players that have been injured during the season, and trying to get them healed up enough to play championship FB, and that wouldn't be the case for the Big teams!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Close, but not exactly...here is a link

Sep 15, 2020, 3:44 PM

It was the President of the University of Nebraska system, who does not even have a vote on the matter. Maybe he is right, maybe he is just hoping...

https://www.ketv.com/article/heard-on-hot-mic-university-of-nebraska-president-says-big-ten-announcement-comes-tonight/34027172

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic