Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CorrectiveLenses.Net
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 316

CorrectiveLenses.Net

Aug 30, 2018, 11:42 AM

As a new owner of my 1st prescription glasses (progressive lenses) I wonder what you do regarding shades. Do you:

1 - Buy expensive Maui Jim's or Costa's and then have prescription lenses put in?
2 - Suck it up and just wear regular shades?
3 - Wear regular shades over prescription lenses (i.e. - 2 pair of glasses on your head)?
4 - Squint?

Just trying to figgure out what to do...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: CorrectiveLenses.Net

Aug 30, 2018, 11:47 AM

1. That would be cool. I have friends that did it, but I did not. I'm too UDP.
2. This is what I do most of the time, until I broke my shades.
3. No. This is stupid.
4. This is what I do since my shades broke. It's not great.

5. https://www.zennioptical.com/. If you have a copy of your 'scrip, you can order perscription glasses from this website. I load up on their cheap ones (like $7...) because I rarely wear them, and when I do I treat them like crap. They have optional tints and all that stuff. Good company. So far, I've only ordered the el-cheapo's so I can't comment on the quality of the high dollar stuff.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I think the higher-end sunglass companies

Aug 30, 2018, 11:49 AM

will make you a pair of whatever style you ask for if you tell them your prescription. You don't have to do anything yourself after you get the glasses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your eyeglass place should be able to order scription Costas

Aug 30, 2018, 11:53 AM

or whatever brand/frame you like. Most of the time you can get it covered by yo shownce or HSA/FSA.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did that last year to a pair of Costas

Aug 30, 2018, 12:41 PM

$800

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they Costas

Aug 30, 2018, 12:43 PM

you a lot?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

Si! Señor***

Aug 30, 2018, 12:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

$800, and you complain about your wife spending money?!?!***

Aug 30, 2018, 1:00 PM [ in reply to I did that last year to a pair of Costas ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Walmart has clip-ons that work well, but it's worth biting

Aug 30, 2018, 12:06 PM

the bullet for a good pair of RX shades. I always get Transitions lenses, have for years, but they aren't dark enough for me if I'm outside all day (like tailgating at Clemson). Worth the cost for the always-there protection! I'd suggest getting the clip-ons for $10 at Walmart until you figure out what you want to do. They actually work very well. That said...RX shades I got last year have been worth every penny.

These weren't cheap, but they comfy and reduce eye strain in sunlight much better in the long run. Costas and Maui Jims did not work for MY RX (and the Columbia frames were a little cheaper). Something about the curve of the frames...which you might ask about since you have progressives like I do. A buddy of mine failed to ask that question and ended up buying an expensive pair that he says look like he's underwater, so make sure you quizz the optometrist before you buy.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

after wearing glasses since 5th grade, and glasses/contacts

Aug 30, 2018, 12:12 PM

since 12th grade...i only recently got my 1st pair of prescription sunglasses. This was one of the last few empty check-boxes on my "Are you officially middle-aged" checklist....#nailedit

anyhoo....they're a game-changer. Wish I made this dad-move years ago.

(I don't really wear contacts unless I'm doing something that'd make wearing glasses an inconvenient PIA or req'd sunglasses...so sometimes, I'd put them in just to mow the lawn, or driving on sunny days, or work out (which doesn't involve sunglassed), but you get the idea)

I bought the Revelation frames with a magnetic tinted...

Aug 30, 2018, 12:38 PM

clip-on. I paid 85 bucks on Ebay for a new pair which fit my fat head. When I clip them on you can't tell it's a clip-on, it looks like I'm just wearing sunglasses. I spent the big bucks on the lens.

I like the #1 option. If you can find a pair of Revelations on ebay which have the same brow width and the same length to the arms and select the right pair you can have your lens cut and fitted to them. I strongly recommend you look into this.

Harmon optical on Wade Hampton will cut the lens to fit if the frames you purchase are suitable. I have no idea what that would cost but it won't be near the cost of a new pair of lens. I promise you will be satisfied with the Revelation frames.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Git freaking contacts and

Aug 30, 2018, 12:41 PM

stick with the cool type shades.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

#2 cause UDP.***

Aug 30, 2018, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I used to own a pair of Rx Maui Jim's

Aug 30, 2018, 1:02 PM

but the damm frames kept breaking and after the warranty I said fugg the cost to fix these and bought a pair of transition lenses. They're kinda meh

Re: I used to own a pair of Rx Maui Jim's

Aug 30, 2018, 1:26 PM

Wife has broken a ton of Maui Jim's as well. Not impressed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

This year I got the Transitions® XTRActive®

Aug 30, 2018, 2:32 PM [ in reply to I used to own a pair of Rx Maui Jim's ]

They're better and definitely darker, and they turn behind the windshield, but still not dark enough to hide murderous intent in my eyes from my opponents.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wear contacts

Aug 30, 2018, 1:07 PM

wear shades over contacts

Profit

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

#3 definitely***

Aug 30, 2018, 1:08 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Replies: 17
| visibility 316
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic