Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, there is no reasonable way that UGA finishes #4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,737

So, there is no reasonable way that UGA finishes #4

Nov 26, 2019, 8:55 PM

If they lose, they are out. Otherwise, they have to move up. Right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No Way!

Nov 26, 2019, 9:09 PM

I.M.O - there is no way Georgia should make the playoffs! Losing at home to a non-bowl-eligible team disqualifies you. It disqualifies you particularly if there are other 1 loss teams who "did not lose to a non-bowl-eligible team"! Now let's say Utah, Baylor, Oklahoma or Minnesota had lost to an unranked opponent too and had 1 loss. I would then jump Georgia to the head of the line; because I think they are better! But, you can't lose to an unranked opponent at home when other teams "haven't" and still expect to get in.
Minnesota lost to ranked Iowa! And, if they were to somehow do the unthinkable and win out: including beating Ohio State - clearly they are in.
Baylor - if they win out and beat Oklahoma they should also get considered over Georgia. They would have lost to a top ten team that had been rated as high as #2 at one point. And they would be conference champs.
Utah - to me has the easiest case to get in. They will have to beat Oregon. They lost to a suddenly on fire Southern Cal team that is way better than their record. And would be conference champs. In a conference that has not had any representatives since Oregon in the 1st one.
Oklahoma - lost to K-State who I believe is ranked currently. They had been as high as #2 maybe #1 early on. Their 1 loss is yet again less damning than the one Georgia took "AT HOME"!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No Way!

Nov 26, 2019, 9:17 PM

I agree with all you say here. I'm not sure if UGA beats LSU, then NO SEC team should get in since LSU beat Bama at HOME. Utah, Minn, Baylor/OK should all top them if they win out. And if LSU beats UGA, then only LSU should be allowed in the CFP using the same logic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 9:47 PM [ in reply to No Way! ]

There are several problems with your argument:For one Georgia still sit atop the SEC East with wins over both Florida,Tennessee,Kentucky and Vanderbilt,+ Auburn,Missouri,and Texas A&M in the conference.With that in mind,losing to a non-bowl eligible team does not disqualify a team just because you say so.
Next up is your argument about Utah,Baylor Oklahoma,or Minnesota because right now it is a "moot "point.
There is way too much football to be played,and a lot has to happen for Georgia to be eliminated.This weekend will tell a lot.

Nov 26, 2019, 9:49 PM

I apology for not proof reading your entire argument.I had glare from a table lamp and did not see the IMO to start your argument.

Nov 26, 2019, 9:49 PM [ in reply to Re: No Way! ]

Losing to LSU is all it will take to eliminate UGA

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 10:48 PM [ in reply to No Way! ]

It would be similar to us losing to Cuse. Anyway, if Georgia wins out they deserve to be in. I doubt they do it, but they would deserve it.

yes - but will not jump CU - gotta take care of business.

Nov 26, 2019, 10:02 PM

could be really wacky week. final 4 could be:

Clemson
UGA
Utah
MN

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ That right there is "Weirder than Weird".

Nov 26, 2019, 10:38 PM

Well, i had a GF who called me that!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yes - but will not jump CU - gotta take care of business.

Nov 26, 2019, 10:58 PM [ in reply to yes - but will not jump CU - gotta take care of business. ]

I like the way you think. Not gonna happen, but I like the way you think.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, there is no reasonable way that UGA finishes #4

Nov 26, 2019, 10:46 PM

Same as always. Georgia needs to win out. Nothing has changed.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,737
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic