Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2018 Dawgs vs Coots
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

2018 Dawgs vs Coots

May 15, 2018, 1:19 PM

No need to worry about this. Dawg players and coaches have heard all off season how close the game was last from from the Yardbirds. this year's game will leave no doubt that the 2 programs are not close, even close at all.

This year in the valley, Dabo will again save his second half TO's ,to give the seniors their Final Applause in the Valley.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots

May 15, 2018, 1:57 PM

I hope so.

One thing about Muschamp is his player development philosophy seems a lot like Bobby Petrino's: if the horse can't shoot the hurdle, just shoot the horse and go recruit another one.

You tend to see the same thing every year from both programs: massive personnel turnover, and zero depth...neither coach will play more than 13-14 players on either side of the ball (which doesn't help with the attrition) and what ends up happening is, they tend to have a pretty good starting 11 and they'll win some games early, but they tend to fade late as injuries and just exhaustion set in. Players get beat up over the course of a college season and you'd better be able to limit their snaps and spell them and neither program does...so by the end of the regular season, anyhow, the Gamecocks are running on fumes.

I do think they actually are a threat to UGA because they're getting them so early, though I am eyeballing the LOS as a problem area for the Yardbirds...in no way, whatsoever, do they match up with UGA's offensive front.

That said, UGA also does not have Chubb and Michel running behind that front anymore either. I actually think UGA's offense could look pretty pedestrian...again, especially early.

I think it'll be a low-scoring, ugly game...and UGA could well lose it.

May 15, 2018, 2:26 PM

But now starts the dawgs age of Zamir White. They always have RBs in the stable there. I believe uga will look more pedestrian than last year, but I don’t think RB will be an issue for them, it might even be stronger although I can’t remember exactly who all they have in that stable.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2018, 2:31 PM

Swift .
He was high on our list too . Kid is a really good running back and played some in the playoffs and Natty .
Between White and Swift , they're pretty solid at the RB position . Albeit a little inexperienced.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 15, 2018, 2:31 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

White's coming of an acl and probably won't be a major factor early in the season.

May 15, 2018, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

quozzel said:

...and UGA could well lose it.

You've said this a few times but you don't really believe it - as evidenced by you ignoring my offer of a friendly wager from that post last week. :)

(Don't get too bent up about it - just yanking your chain a little here,)

But seriously, as a Clemson fan I know you, as well as most here, desperately want UGA to fall flat and make last year look like a flash-in-the-pan. Ain't gonna happen. Our offense will be every bit as productive as last year, if not more so - despite losing Chubb and Michel. Our OL will be as talented, experienced, and as deep as it has been in a long, long time. We've got 5 guys returning with starting experience at 4 positions, and we've recruited as well on the OL as anyone in the country over the last couple years. Swift is the real deal, and he'll be supported by returnees Holyfield and Herrien, who both would start at a lot of places. Even if Zamir redshirts with his ACL, we also recruited 5-star Cook. Make no mistake, we're still Running Back U. We also have the top two returning WRs in the SEC as measured by QB rating when targeted (Godwin & Hardman). We'll have to find some depth, but our top 3 are solid. We've got one of the better TE corps around as well. Oh yeah, and Fromm.

On D, our starting DL is set: we'll find 3 starters from Clark, Marshall, Rochester and Ledbetter. We will have to find depth at 2 positions from Herring, M.Carter, Muckle, or a newcomer. And rumors of our demise at LB are greatly exaggerated. Yes, technically we're losing all 4 starters from the post-season: Bellamy, R.Carter, Lorenzo and Roquan. D'Andre Walker will fill in for Bellamy, and will almost certainly be an upgrade. Bell got the start due to his experience, but Walker is a better player - he finished 2nd on the team in sacks and TFLs and had more tackles (both solo and total) than Bellamy, despite not starting a game. R.Carter got the start because of Natrez Patrick's suspension, but despite playing in only 9 games, Natrez was 5th on the team in tackles going into the Rose Bowl. Lorenzo was a bit of an enigma. He had 1st round athleticism, but 3rd round production. Grant played very well spelling him, but there's a reason Lorenzo was the starter. Then there's Roquan. Of all the guys in the last 10 years who have replaced a Butkus winner, Monty Rice is as good as any of them, but he ain't Roquan. So we'll be better at two spots, with a drop-off at two. We'll be fine. We return a ton of experience and production in the secondary in Baker, Reed, McGhee, LeCounte, etc, plus Kirby has built all kinds of depth there.

So yeah, I know everyone here was just dying to hear a Dawg recap, but that's where we stand. Last year, USC was a true trap game right after Florida and just before Auburn, but we did beat them by 2 TDs. We won't have a big test until possibly Tennessee in game 5, or maybe mid-season at LSU. But either way, we will not struggle early.

Do you guys just copy-and-paste these writeups every year?

May 15, 2018, 3:58 PM

Then just go in and change a few names here and there? I swear this is the same preseason chest-beating I've seen for 30 years from UGa fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, we’re busted!!!

May 15, 2018, 5:01 PM

Of course that same copy & pasting you’ve seen may explain why - over those same 30 years - we’ve had more 10+ win seasons, a higher overall winning pct, more top-10 poll finishes, and more bowl wins than your Tigers (not to mention that we’ve won 6 of the last 7 head-to-head matchups). Hey, if you gotta beat your chest about *something*, it might as well be about results!

I can’t wait to copy & paste next year!!!

:) :)

Between the two schools, who has won more NC rings in those

May 15, 2018, 5:19 PM

same 30 years?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the stars aligned for you one year

May 15, 2018, 5:52 PM

You had that one magical year where everything came together, primarily because:

1) You didn't play us (you typically lose to us) :)
2) You had a generational player
3) The refs decided not to call the pick on your last second score

So, hats off to you guys. As I have mentioned on here before, I was pulling for you guys to beat Bama - both in 2016 and last year.

But I'm still not sure what that has to do with us vs the ##### next year, our outlook for next season, or how much chest-beating Zep has heard over the years (you know, the topics of this thread).

I'd really like for us to play you guys in the CFP next year. Until then, good luck. :)

Re: So the stars aligned for you one year

May 15, 2018, 6:06 PM

1. I'm sure in 2016, the national championship winning team would have had a hard time with 8-5 Georgia...
2. Deshaun was certainly a beast, but our team was a lot more than just him.
3. There was no pick on the last play. Defensive holding, sure, but definitely not a pick.

null

You're the one that mentioned us peckerneck, not me***

May 15, 2018, 6:12 PM [ in reply to So the stars aligned for you one year ]

Oh, so I'm a peckerneck? LOL!!

May 15, 2018, 8:49 PM

Really?? You called me a peckerneck??
Too funny!!

I love it when

May 15, 2018, 10:51 PM [ in reply to So the stars aligned for you one year ]

people point to a team having a "generational" player as if it's a flaw or something. That's part of recruiting at the highest level - having elite talent

So what, our championship means less because we happened to have a superstar player at the most important position? You really think we would have won it all with Watson and a bunch of scrubs around him?

Do people slight UGA's distant national championship season because they had a generational player at RB?

It must really kill you dawg fans knowing that Clemson managed to win the big one despite how much "better" than us you have been over the last 30 years, huh?

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So the stars aligned for you one year

May 15, 2018, 10:58 PM [ in reply to So the stars aligned for you one year ]

You do realize Bama is the only team with more wins than us the last 5 years combined so I don't think our Natty was just one lucky season. Especially considering we have been to the playoffs 3 years in a row now. UGA has been a very good program and in the 2000s they were better than us for sure but this is 2018 and y'all have not been on our level till last year. We have proven our year wasn't just one magical year let's see if y'all can do the same.

Re: Dang, we’re busted!!!

May 16, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Dang, we’re busted!!! ]

Funny how RedDawg quoted 6 of last 7 games against us instead of 6 of last 10

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stay with me here

May 16, 2018, 4:56 PM

Funny how RedDawg quoted 6 of last 7 games against us instead of 6 of last 10

Your buddy Zep is the one who pulled 30 years out of the air, so I used that as the time frame.
To get 10 games, you have to go back more than 30 years (to 1986 to be exact - 32 years ago). And yes, I later realized I missed the 1990 butt whuppin' y'all laid on us, so it's actually 6 of 8.
But if you want to beat your chest about losing 6 of the last 10, go ahead. :)

Re: Stay with me here

May 16, 2018, 4:59 PM

I'll take 4 out of the last 10 if it means having 2 national titles since your last one

;)

May 15, 2018, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

The game is Week 2 in Columbia. So yeah, I think SCar has a pretty good chance.

Given their respective schedules, that might be good enough to win the East.

May 16, 2018, 8:07 PM

How is it that week 2 is somehow an advantage for SC? Isn't it week two for them also? Somehow UGA won't have figured it out but SC will have?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2018, 2:17 PM

Never Again ;)

May 15, 2018, 2:34 PM

UGA lost the most seniors (I think) in program history. They lost what was the best running back duo in CFB, and their top LB which is basically the QB of the defense. Talent wise USuC doesn't stand a chance. But I do believe that they can pull out a win at the roach if they win the turnover battle.

May 15, 2018, 2:44 PM

UGA lost like 30 seniors. Some major holes to fill on both sides of the ball. I think they lost their entire front 4 along with a couple of key backups. It's going to be interesting to watch and see if Kirby can duplicate last year or were they just a 1 hit wonders. Go Tigers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2018, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

Agreed.

May 15, 2018, 5:35 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

UGA looks scary good - in 2019.

I'm just not buying UGA next year, though. They've got a lot to replace with an early trip to Columbia (SC), an October trip to Baton Rouge, and the annual rivalries with Florida and Auburn.

May 15, 2018, 3:54 PM

This game will tell how close Kirby is to Saban to see how well UGA will be prepared.

We saw how close he was 5 months ago...Saban spotted him

May 15, 2018, 5:31 PM

a half and still won...You're not going to best him using the recipe he perfected dumba$$...There's a good reason why his assistants are 0-fer against him...The world's best swordsman doesn't fear the 2nd best swordsman, he fears the unconventional swordsman...That is why Urban and Dabo have been able to beat him in big games and his proteges can't...And spare me the excuses, he has met them in the SEC CG AND now the playoffs...Y'all have played right into his hand, enjoy the losses.

Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?

May 16, 2018, 9:39 AM

"dumba$$" ... "peckerneck"

anger much?

I kissed your mother with it...THEN I washed it out with

May 16, 2018, 9:02 PM

soap...If dunba$$ and peckerneck offend you, maybe the internet is not the place for you after all.

May 15, 2018, 4:50 PM

I started reading this and thought for just a moment I mistakenly logged into FGF. Are you freaking kidding me? Georgia will ROLL the chickens next year. Usuck has nothing, well, they have Jake. No, right the first time. people...THEY HAVE NOTHING!!!!

Georgia does an excellent job every year recruiting great players, but now they got a guy who can actually do something with that talent. Georgia's only real concern should be whenever Tenn or FLA gets their collective crap together and again becomes competitive. But the chickens?!?!? Nah, ain't happening.

^^^ This

May 15, 2018, 6:14 PM

is fact. And I will savor every second watching the stands at willy B empty by the 10 min mark in the 3rd Q. Dawgs by a bunch.

I'll cut and paste this also for the next decade minimum.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey REDdawg..you’ve pisssed off this 76 yr old

May 15, 2018, 6:21 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

by saying refs should have called “our pick” on winning Natty play!!

Yep, they should have called a penalty..on Bama for taking Down our decoy receiver but thank goodness they didn’t since Clemson would have had to go for FG instead.

Oh, you might be right about our earlier pick.

My Clemson Grad Son has a UGa Law Degree too so he & I like some Dawg, so please beat the Coots, badly!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey REDdawg..you’ve pisssed off this 76 yr old

May 15, 2018, 8:46 PM

Sorry Bill I meant no disrespect, but Watson kinda spilled the beans himself immediately afterwards when he said in his interview on live TV about that play "we needed a good pick there and got it" (or something to that effect).

Re: Hey REDdawg..you’ve pisssed off this 76 yr old

May 15, 2018, 9:59 PM

Whatever Watson called it, a "pick" is not a penalty. The penalty is offensive pass interference.

That play was not offensive pass interference because the defender made the initial contact on the receiver. The play was a crossing route that was designed for the Bama defenders in man coverage to get in each others way, leaving Renfrow wide open, which is exactly what happened.

Alabama ran the same play on us in the Sugar Bowl. No penalty there either.

May 15, 2018, 6:17 PM

Lmao! IF the Coots are capable of beating UGA.......Then they can surely beat Clemson as well.

You've all seen Bentley, his ol and rbs will suck and he lost his go to TE. Their defense will not scared anyone....someone pls tell me outside of Godly intervention how the GC's win this game in the 2nd week of the season?

^ I can..see a UGa loss

May 15, 2018, 6:27 PM

rowdy loud drunk Sc fans, 2001 entrance with dried ice smoke, a Bentley @ QB and that awesome ACC banner!

Ha..do you see what i done did there Dawgie?!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 15, 2018, 8:53 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

Watch out for the batteries and water bottles!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2018, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: 2018 Dawgs vs Coots ]

they can't beat clemson dawgnuts - why don't you check the scores from past two years just to be sure. they can't come within 21 pts. yet somehow, they hang with you??

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

May 15, 2018, 8:26 PM

Saving the timeouts for the seniors could be an amazing moment this year. You might see CW42 line up at wideout and DL90 line up at RB for a couple of plays and burn that Coot defense !

This whole thread is disgusting

May 15, 2018, 10:23 PM

I mean it’s almost like I’m defending the cawks which is debasing in itself. But the Dawgs are just so insufferable. Should’ve just let it go with no comment.

May they both lose. Or meteorite.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all honesty

May 15, 2018, 10:44 PM

I'd love to see the coots beat the mutts this year.

But this year only ;)

When did Dawgs and Coots Marry?

May 16, 2018, 10:03 AM

I swear, the rhetoric is identical. Did you guys all hook up in the back parking lot at the Willy after a game?

Check back in ten years, please...Dawgish Coots, or Cooty-Dawgs...whatever you want to call yourselves...I really don't care. But, here's the reality: ten years from now, the Tigers will have pulled down more nattys than either of you, if you've divorced during that period, or combined, if your weird marriage has remained intact. Book it.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic