Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the media perception is Clem has underperformed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

So the media perception is Clem has underperformed

Oct 21, 2019, 9:31 AM

expectations. Lets see. Favored by 33 v GT - won by 38. Favored by 16 v A&M - won by 14 (TD on last play of game against 4th team). Favored by 28 v Syracuse - won by 35. Favored by 41.5 v Charlotte - won by 42. Favored by 27 v UNC - won by 1. Favored by 26 v FSU - won by 31. Favored by 25 v Louisville - won by 35. I know the Committee (whose opinion is the ONLY opinion that matters) does not necessairly look at point spreads, but they are not as dumb as the media. Hence, if we win the next two, Clemson WILL be ranked No. 1 or 2 in the first CFP poll.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If LSU is still undefeated, they will be in the #1 spot

Oct 21, 2019, 9:36 AM

based on the "strength" of their wins over Texas and FL. The committee has said that is one of the things they value the most and is the reason we appeared at #1 in years we beat multiple ranked teams early in the season.

I don't see us being left out of the top 4, but I highly doubt we come in at #1.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we will slide in at no. 3

Oct 21, 2019, 9:42 AM

If they look at the schedules they'll have us ahead of Bama.

1. LSU
2. Ohio State (with a win over wisconsin)
3. Clemson
4. Bama/OU

We likely don't end up at #1

Oct 21, 2019, 9:44 AM [ in reply to If LSU is still undefeated, they will be in the #1 spot ]

If Bama, LSU, or OH St end up undefeated.

And I get that. They'd each have a better win on their resume than any of ours.

Oklahoma likely would be ahead of us if they're undefeated as well. No real problem there.

We're in at #1 if we're the only undefeated P5 team.

But in the end, just get in the field and win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We likely don't end up at #1

Oct 21, 2019, 10:39 AM

This is what I hope for: LSU . Bama. Okla .. Clemson. (If the Tigers can’t be 1).

Nothing would be better than a rematch with the Faux Tigers in Atlanta.

Re: We likely don't end up at #1

Oct 21, 2019, 10:54 AM

I can't imagine a better scenario at this point than our undefeated Tigers being placed at #4 and playing LSU in Atlanta to open the playoff.

Atlanta would be covered in orange and our team would have a HUGE chip on its shoulder.

Not going to happen

Oct 21, 2019, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: We likely don't end up at #1 ]

Likely we don'g get in with a loss (barring a lot of other chaos) and without a loss whichever team between Bama/LSU that has a loss will be behind us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not going to happen

Oct 21, 2019, 11:06 AM

LSU, OSU, OK, and then us is a very likely scenario if everyone wins out.

The unlikely part is that 4 teams are undefeated after 13 games.

True

Oct 21, 2019, 11:09 AM

I was just commenting that LSU and Bama being 1&2 was unlikely if we are in.

the best team is the best team

Oct 21, 2019, 11:58 AM [ in reply to If LSU is still undefeated, they will be in the #1 spot ]

Schedule doesnt matter. Nobody could even hang with us near the end of last year whether we beat 5 ranked teams before the playoff or 1 ranked team before the playoff

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The first poll on Nov. 5, prior to BAMA/LSU will look like this....

Oct 21, 2019, 11:22 AM

1. LSU (if they beat Auburn)
2. Ohio St (if they beat Wisconsin)
3. Alabama
4. Clemson or Oklahoma or Penn State

Things could clear up before then with a loss by any of the above...but we need to prepare ourselves in regards to the first poll.

By the time it is all said and done, we’ll be in the top 4 securely, probably after the BAMA/LSU loser drops in the 2nd week.

But if we go into that first week and there are still 6 undefeated teams....we could be anywhere from 3 to 6.

It will work itself out in November.

Re: The first poll on Nov. 5, prior to BAMA/LSU will look like this....

Oct 21, 2019, 11:27 AM

User Logo
tiger B
CU Guru [1787]
TigerPulse: 100%
The first poll on Nov. 5, prior to BAMA/LSU will look like this....
Posted: Oct 21, 2019 11:22 AM

1. LSU (if they beat Auburn)
2. Ohio St (if they beat Wisconsin)
3. Alabama
4. Clemson or Oklahoma or Penn State

Things could clear up before then with a loss by any of the above...but we need to prepare ourselves in regards to the first poll.

By the time it is all said and done, we’ll be in the top 4 securely, probably after the BAMA/LSU loser drops in the 2nd week.

But if we go into that first week and there are still 6 undefeated teams....we could be anywhere from 3 to 6.

It will work itself out in November.

WE WILL BE 2ND OR 3RD AT THE WORST. GOT TO REMEMBER THE MEDIA IS NOT ON THE PANEL.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want to agree...but here’s the thing...

Oct 21, 2019, 11:47 AM

LSU could come into that week with wins over Florida, Texas, & Auburn.

Ohio St. could come in with win over Wisconsin, as well as a win over ranked Cincinnati.

Penn St. will have wins over Michigan and a Pitt team that has been hovering around the rankings.

Oklahoma has the Texas win.

Clemson and Bama have wins over Texas A&M. I think our schedule has been stronger than theirs to this point.

If all six are undefeated...someone is going to be left out of the first poll.

I tend to think we’ll get the benefit of the doubt over OU and Penn St.....but for some reason, I don’t see them having Bama below us.

Again, I think most of these teams will lose one by the end...so this just refers to the first poll if all are undefeated

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic