Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,788

So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't

Jan 2, 2019, 10:57 AM

want to be there"..........it was Natty or bust, apparently. The irony is they lost to an $EC team that also "didn't want to be there". What a bunch of morans.

SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

they lost to an SEC team that literally wasn't there

Jan 2, 2019, 10:58 AM

missing 9 starters on defense. UCF tackles like a bunch of school girls.

Who gives up 550 yards to LSU?!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They would’ve been beaten to a pulp in the playoffs***

Jan 2, 2019, 11:02 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't

Jan 2, 2019, 11:22 AM

Not only did they lose, they played the game like a bunch of headhunting thugs. I've never liked them and always maintained that they never deserved a shot in the playoffs. But after that performance, I can't even applaud their effort. Trash team, akin to the cucks in the Clowney/Swearinger years.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 11:26 AM

I guess this is the new excuse for losers - it wasn’t what we really wanted, so we didn’t care enough to try hard. Wow. Life’s gonna be a b#*@h for these kind of people. But I guess everybody can’t teach young men like Dabo does.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2019, 11:33 AM

Not just using the "We didn't want to be there".. you're seeing it with players sitting out games. Anything other than the playoffs, half your starters are going to stay home and the players that do show up will use that excuse.

Thank God Tajh and Co didn't have that attitude back in 2012 against LSU in the Peach Bowl. Performances like that are no doubt what lead to where we are today. Losses like UCF's will no doubt lead them back to mediocrity.

Jan 2, 2019, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't ]

Adults are just as immature as kids, but we're more sophisticated in our lying.

I remember the first time I, as a teacher, watched two boys race on the playground. The one who trailed 'fell down' just before his foe crossed the finish line so he and his supporters could crow that he didn't really lose.

As a kid, I never saw anybody do that. Now it's common. People would rather save face than lose graciously and go home knowing they need to make themselves better.

So many people would rather lose and make excuses than attempt to prove themselves against all challengers. If you disrespect your opponent, you disrespect yourself and your sport, and you certainly don't deserve the respect of the defending champion.

Jan 2, 2019, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't ]

It's not new at all. I remember back in 2003 when Clemson kicked No. 7 Tennessee's ### up and down the field in the Peach Bowl, Vol fans afterward tried to claim that "Oh we didn't want to be there." ########.

GO TIGERS

Jan 2, 2019, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Re: So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't ]

UCF is the only team in which I can excuse that behavior, for now.

That program has been so brutally mocked and disrespected its not even funny, and its mockery and disrespect that is totally undeserved. Like it or not, UCF was the national champion in 2017. The NCAA even agreed with this and awarded UCF the title back in August. They are, officially, the 2017 national champions, and both their body of work and the logic that follows why they deserve it is sound. It doesn't really matter if you agree or not, they earned a national championship last year, and the NCAA agreed.

And yet, I have witnessed some of the most unprofessional comments I have ever seen made by TV pundits and "professional" national sportswriters mocking the UCF program. I've seen the Florida AD and SEC commissioner make the most arrogant, ignorant, and disrespectful comments about a program that is legitimately trying to make a name for themselves. We've seen teams criticize UCF for "not playing a hard schedule", and then those teams either refuse to play and schedule UCF, or they offer UCF absolutely terrible scheduling deals both financially and logistically. The UF offering was an utter display of hypocrisy and cowardice. Florida has the nerve to mock UCF, and yet Florida refuses to play in UCF's stadium and wants UCF to pay for the "privilege" of playing the Gators? Give me a break.

Those kids at UCF know they are good, and they know their program is on the verge of becoming a serious P5 team. Maybe not a Clemson or an FSU, but quite possibly another Oregon or Stanford. They know the rest of the P5 knows it, but wont admit it. Those kids play their ##### off, and win, and the recognition they receive is condescension, mockery, and disrespect at all levels of the NCAA.

They win big games, but then are told "well, that other team just didnt wanna be there, play a real schedule, play some big boy football. If you played a real physical team or an SEC, UCF would get skull dragged. Maybe UCF should start kneecapping competition if they want some respect."

So, I have no problem with UCF upping the anti and kicking people's teeth in. What else can they do? They play hard, the entire program is actively trying to play bigger games against bigger teams, and when they win they are mocked as a joke. What else do they have to do to prove they can compete? At some point, they can only stand at the door and patiently knock for so long, Eventually, if the folks in the house refuse to recognize UCF as a good, competitive team, UCF will be forced to kick down the door.

Likewise, SEC teams play like thugs all the time, and get a pass. Remember Alabama? Their players and coached came into the 2016 title game with the sole strategy of injuring Deshaun. That was their strategy to win, not to exploit weaknesses in our gameplan, but to physically injure our players. Why do these teams get a pass and UCF cant?

I understand why UCF is p1ssed, they have every reason to be. They should have been selected for the playoff last year. That would have ended this entire argument, either they would have gotten crushed and proven themselves unworthy, or they would've won and proven themselves.

UCF has surpassed FSU, and Miami, and possibly FL.

Jan 2, 2019, 12:35 PM

While I understand their gripe from last year, they would've been destroyed in the playoff this year. But saying they didn't want to be there is NEVER Ok. Go prove your point by beating a top #10 P5 team. They couldn't do it, even after knocking Burrow silly in the first half. Dude came back like Matt Ryan against us after David Dunham nearly broke him in half.

UCF had a chance to take this conversation to a whole new level, and they didn't have it in them. If they didn't want to be there, they aren't worthy of extenuating consideration. As an aside, they're only 2 years removed from being 6-7 and 0-12. A noteworthy reversal of fortune for sure, but Boise St. never played for a NC, either, and their success was more sustained.

Jan 2, 2019, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Re: So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't ]

You can keep saying the NCAA made UCF the 2017 NC's all you want, but that doesn't make it true.

You say they win big games, but what big game have they won exactly? A bowl game last year over a 3 loss Auburn team? Their win last year in double overtime against Memphis? Their 10 point win last year over Navy? Their 7 point win last year over SMU? Their 7 point win last year over South Florida? Their 1 point win this season over Memphis? Their 12 point win this year over Temple? Their 11 point win this year over Navy?

They're trying to play bigger games against bigger teams? How about taking on a play anyone, anywhere attitude then instead of turning down the offer that Florida gave them?

Meh....

Jan 2, 2019, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Re: So the UCF fans are channeling $EC by saying they "didn't ]

UCF got owned by the 3rd, maybe 4th best sec team missing several defensive starters.
It wasn’t as close as the final score indicated.
They are a good team, but this whole thing about them making the playoffs either of the last 2 seasons is ridiculous.

Right now it is clearly Bama, Clemson....then everyone else. I’d even venture to say that we would have been in the final last year had we not drawn Bama first.

So I appreciate everyone trying to pump up UGA, UCF, etc....but they got what was coming to them yesterday. They are who we thought they were. Good teams, but left outside for a reason.

Champions want to win every game

Jan 2, 2019, 11:32 AM

No matter what

Jan 2, 2019, 11:48 AM

Some of their players would be in the hospital if they'd had to play Alabama.

Maybe sarcasm***

Jan 2, 2019, 12:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If they didn't want to be there

Jan 2, 2019, 12:01 PM

why did they play so well?

They absolutely did want to be there. They, and Georgia,

Jan 2, 2019, 12:22 PM

had a chance to solidify their respective points. They both got trucked, and they can both ####, now.

And if Georgia 'didn't want to be there', that's on Kirby Dumb, too, because they should've been playing with their hair on fire if they wanted to show the country they got hosed by the playoff committee. Instead, they got outcoached and outplayed for over 3 qtrs. Regardless of whether they wanted to be there or not, Mark Richt 2.0 is looking to be every bit the overhyped underachiever Richt 1.0 was.

UCF may presently be the best program in the state of FL, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't have been killed in the playoffs, especially without their #1 QB.

Both UCF and UGA need to go lick their wounds in silence and try again next year.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,788
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic