Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So the Apple Watch Series 5 was $100 off, I decided to jump
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 339

So the Apple Watch Series 5 was $100 off, I decided to jump

Jun 23, 2020, 9:52 AM

and get it, really wanted to have GPS tracking and Audible books downloaded so I could go for runs without my phone.

There is no way to have the phone and the watch both have notifications at the same time.

>If your iPhone is unlocked, then you will receive notification alerts on your iPhone instead of on your Apple Watch.
>If your iPhone is locked or asleep and your Apple Watch is unlocked (regardless of whether the watch display is asleep or awake) and on your wrist, you will receive notification alerts on your watch.
>If your Apple Watch is locked or has Do Not Disturb enabled, then notifications will go to your iPhone.

If I have my phone not on silent, then I want my phone to play all the custom sounds I have for different contacts (different texting tones) and e-mail (different sounds for work e-mail or personal). This cannot be done.

Seriously, finding threads from 5 years ago on this and Apple has refused to change their mind.

Returning this thing and going back to my Fitbit Versa 2 - which does nearly everything I want, minus the GPS.

There are a couple cool features of the Apple Watch, but not enough to outweigh that negative vs the Versa 2. Womp womp.

Message was edited by: soccerkrzy®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I am proud. Don't often hear of folks brave enough to

Jun 23, 2020, 10:09 AM

return apple products. They won't fix that issue you described because too many people just buy whatever in the hell they put out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like such a simple thing to implement too.

Jun 23, 2020, 10:13 AM

The only "solution" I could find was to turn off the wrist detection so the Apple Watch doesn't know if it's on the wrist or not, which would then put notifications to both the phone and the watch. But disabling wrist detection also turns off Apple Pay, the unlocked when on wrist feature, and the standing tracking (which is one of the three rings that the watch tracks and displays).

The iPhone is still a fantastic product, iPad is fun too but just a big iPhone. Apple Watch is also neat. But OSx is the worst operating system ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Woah now, the Ghost of Jobs will come and get you for that.

Jun 23, 2020, 10:21 AM

Some days I want one of those smart watches but then I recall I've never really been a watch guy so it likely would just end up in a drawer some place.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've had the Fitbit Versa 2 for 6 months, and I've learned

Jun 23, 2020, 10:42 AM

that, despite my previous wants, I have no actual need for anything with more features.

If anything, this is overkill.

I get the no phone/GPS thing...I've only used it on walks around the 'hood so far. MIGHT pick up running again, at which point the phone will be a PIA.

I also don't like that I can't initiate a text message (or similar) from the watch, and can only respond when I'm sent something

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least you can respond from it with Android. Cannot

Jun 23, 2020, 10:46 AM

respond with an iPhone, only get the notification.

Do you own the matching bracelet, necklace, and pinky ring?

Jun 23, 2020, 1:15 PM [ in reply to I've had the Fitbit Versa 2 for 6 months, and I've learned ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Ughh, I'm getting angry just reading this post

Jun 23, 2020, 11:41 AM

Can't imagine how pis$ed I would be if I was living what you described. I like my iPhone but don't do other Apple products. Not sure I ever will if that is as good as they can do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

The notification thing can be a bit of a pain, but...

Jun 23, 2020, 11:43 AM

I'm in the habit of locking my phone when I'm done with it. So I'm either getting notifications on a phone I'm looking at or on my watch. The only time it's an issue is the few minutes you wait for your phone to lock itself when you set it down without locking it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't want to have to look at my watch to see who

Jun 23, 2020, 11:49 AM

texted me, the sound is what I've trained myself to do. Also don't want to look at my watch to see if the notification is a text, snapchat, text, etc.

I'm totally opposite.

Jun 23, 2020, 11:56 AM

I want all notifications to go to my watch. My phone is muted and doesn't vibrate. I just glance at my watch when it vibrates.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The vibrate on my Garmin 230 is so loud I have to mute it

Jun 23, 2020, 12:02 PM

during meetings. The sound of the vibrate is INSANELY loud.

This does not help this conversation at all and I regret typing this out but, YOLO.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not an Apple guy, but my Samsung Gear

Jun 23, 2020, 12:13 PM

can do everything you want. I can download media to it. Hard to believe Apple can't do this

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I really wanted an Apple Watch as my

Jun 23, 2020, 12:16 PM

Garmin Tactix Charlie is just not business casual when you need business casual. So I got the Apple Nike version, all the benefits for running and such, but looks nice.

I had to take it back. The mileage was so far off and the steps were just so incredibly off, I got super annoyed.

Again, I still really want one, but the quality just isn't there for me yet. But darn those bands and colors and such are so cool.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had determined that I would use my wife's old Apple Watch

Jun 23, 2020, 12:25 PM

2 (maybe) when she got the 5, but I would still run with my Garmin. However, the old Apple Watch keeps cutting off, hence the reason she wanted a 5. I need to speak to the Manager at Apple about how to fix this. Pretty sure the answer is to buy and new one and fuck off.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My mileage is spot on.

Jun 23, 2020, 1:20 PM [ in reply to I really wanted an Apple Watch as my ]

Not sure who cares about steps.

dad bod people man!

Jun 23, 2020, 1:41 PM

(like me) maybe

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get notifications everywhere...

Jun 23, 2020, 12:45 PM

literally, every time I get a text or news article, I get a notification on my iphone my work iphone, my apple watch and my macbook.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My daughter generally likes Apple but says Garmin beats

Jun 23, 2020, 5:06 PM

it. Garmin gps is much more accurate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So the Apple Watch Series 5 was $100 off, I decided to jump

Jun 23, 2020, 5:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 339
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic