Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Venables ranked #1 Coordinator on the Rise
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

FB Update: Venables ranked #1 Coordinator on the Rise

Oct 15, 2015, 10:19 AM

Venables ranked #1 Coordinator on the Rise

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Venables ranked #1 Coordinator on the Rise

Oct 15, 2015, 10:21 AM

:)

took them long enough!***

Oct 15, 2015, 10:39 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Crap. It will be a sad day when he leaves.

Oct 15, 2015, 10:42 AM

My second favorite Clemson coach of all time.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well shoot!

Oct 15, 2015, 2:13 PM

All we heard out of ESPiN and every sports writer for the 9 months preceding this season was doom and gloom for Clemson over losing Chad Morris.

All the whineazz loud mouths here, except me :), predicted the same gloom and doom for Clemson's playcalling when Morris left.

So hows our playcalling going these days? I would call it unpredictable but no one in the media is even talking about it. None of those dumpers on STS have addressed the and nobody here has addressed the obvious, our playcalling is bread and butter not smoke and mirror so we're better off.

I will miss BV but if he wants a HCing job he's earned a shot and I want him to 'seek his fortune.' I will rejoice for him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So.... read this.

Oct 15, 2015, 2:33 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16404988

Now... back to what I was saying...

Man, I really hope Venables doesn't leave.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Crap. It will be a sad day when he leaves.

Oct 16, 2015, 11:13 PM [ in reply to Crap. It will be a sad day when he leaves. ]

Hey we all need to get together and stuff a Christmas card with checks to keep this mutherfucher...ya feel me

Go tigs

Athlon must have got a call from Birmingham...***

Oct 15, 2015, 10:44 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree with this ranking completely

Oct 15, 2015, 10:55 AM

to be on the rise you have to be moving from the bottom or middle of the pack to the top, Venables has been a top coordinator for years and Athlon apparently didn't notice.

Re: I disagree with this ranking completely

Oct 15, 2015, 3:25 PM

Totally agree. He isn't on the rise. He is as good as it gets.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Venables ranked #1 Coordinator on the Rise

Oct 15, 2015, 11:02 AM

Hope Swinney has a short list of replacements for when some team comes and snatches Venables away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Enjoy him while he's here...

Oct 15, 2015, 1:51 PM

He's one of the best coaches I've ever seen at Clemson, and WILL be a head coach someday, maybe even in the NFL. Hopefully we get a few more years from him.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enjoy him while he's here...

Oct 16, 2015, 9:06 PM

Obviously subject to change. But the way he has this d playing every year, almost hope he's like a bud foster and want to be our d coordinator forever.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enjoy him while he's here...

Oct 16, 2015, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Enjoy him while he's here... ]

Unfortunately I think his time is coming to an end here. Will Hobby replace him and we get an outstanding LB coach?He will make a good head coach.

Clemson is 13 because few teams out there...

Oct 15, 2015, 2:02 PM

have played two of their strongest opponents on the season.

When this shakes out and the B1G, SEC, PAC and Big twelve finish their games we'll be back in the top five again.

These type stats are fun and keep us reading throughout the season but they are no more predictive than that ESPiN 'snapshot,' of the Playoff seeding we see each week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure how he is "on the Rise"

Oct 15, 2015, 2:32 PM

Being in top 20 and having played a LOT of backups this year. #1 last year, year before, 2013 led nation in TFL. Oh and was a top DC at Oklahoma BEFORE he evendors came here. What are we Akron or Southern Miss that we can't just have a plain old BEST Coordinator Period? The Chad was the best Coordinatorin 13, BV was for 14. I think that is as clear as day.

I don't understand why people think he is going to leave.

Oct 15, 2015, 6:10 PM

Has he said that he wants to be a head coach somewhere? Someone else can find the video, but he openly said he would have taken less money to stay at Clemson before we went and handed him a nice chunk of change to stick around.

Until Coach V hints otherwise, I don't think he's going anywhere for quite some time. Just to tack onto that, his son could end up here too and I doubt he would leave while his son was in town too.

Re: I don't understand why people think he is going to leave.

Oct 16, 2015, 9:08 PM

He said he won't leave for just any job. It has to be the right fit.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell them to keep their filthy hands off of Venables!

Oct 15, 2015, 10:38 PM

That's all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I remember correctly BV has said he

Oct 16, 2015, 1:59 PM

Doesn't really want to be a head coach. I'm hoping this is the case and the Dabo crew stays together. Dabo as the HC, Elliott/Scott as OC's and BV leading the D. Send Elliott and Scott to Baylor in the offseason and pick Briles' brain.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic