Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So our crowd noise has been awesome but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 2,738

So our crowd noise has been awesome but

Oct 18, 2015, 10:13 PM

Why do we wait until the players are lined up to start making noise? I was trying to get noise started in my section when the BC offense was in the huddle. I am a girl and unless I am a dumb girl I thought they talked about important stuff like plays and such when they were all in that huddle. Why do we wait?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So our crowd noise has been awesome but

Oct 18, 2015, 10:15 PM

I agree. U.S. Students are pretty good about being loud the whole time. But the stadium as a whole doesn't get loud till they line up.

Oct 18, 2015, 10:20 PM

It makes me crazy!!! It would seem that others would get it- anyway, I will repost this again when we play at home and hope some people besides students see it! We def make a difference when we are loud- we could rattle them even more I think!

Keep an eye on the guy in section N yelling the whole time...

Oct 18, 2015, 10:31 PM

And doing the same thing. They catch on after awhile in the game if you can keep them pumped up.
Some folks don't have the vocal stamina I guess...lol, especially if the defense stays on the field for extended drives (usually not the case anyways...) & most teams use a hurry-up offense when they play us & huddle very seldom it seems.
The effect while getting plays from the sidelines though would seem to be the same to me.
Good point Fan4Life +1

Re: Keep an eye on the guy in section N yelling the whole time...

Oct 18, 2015, 10:50 PM

I yell the whole time and do try to get it started around me! I am in D and we have a blast- everybody around us stands up and yells from start to finish! It's my job I figure!! GO TIGERS

Section N self-proclaimed *cheerleader/heckler here! I know what ya mean ??

Oct 18, 2015, 11:25 PM

Brilliant minds think alike....wore my hard hat Saturday night to the game and "went to work!" ?? fan disruption engineering, while our Tigers constructed an @sswhippin'!!!

Go Tigers!
(Completely hoarse as every Sunday following a game...)

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®
*but "jeerleader" actually fits well too

Oct 18, 2015, 10:43 PM [ in reply to Re: So our crowd noise has been awesome but ]

Max noise level from the monitors was 107 last night. Way short of 128 for ND. The way decide

Oct 18, 2015, 10:46 PM

Oops. The way decibels work the difference is 10x the amplitude but 100x the power. Insane difference. I expect us to crank it up past 130 for FSU. I don't want Dalvin and Jimbo to be able to hear properly afterwards.

And I love yelling the whole d@mn time. I don't care if I cannot talk the day after (today its gravely) I know it gets the D hyped.

Oct 19, 2015, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: So our crowd noise has been awesome but ]

Get me a student ticket!!! I don't mind making noise!!! I get tired of sitting through a game surrounded by a bunch of golf clapping, no noise making, wannabe loud "fans". A lot of them act like they are scared they will offend someone sitting next to them. If you're scared of that, don't come to the game. Stay home and enjoy your own "space".

mainly because u have to pick and choose when u scream

Oct 18, 2015, 10:33 PM

U don't want to lose your voice before the 4th qtr

Oct 18, 2015, 10:40 PM

It probably wouldn't do much if they huddle, but it causes havoc at the line when the QB reads the defense and calls an audible or with the snap count. Do we need more cow bell?

Oh Please no more CowBell...

Oct 18, 2015, 10:45 PM

...worse headache ever at Texas stadium back in the 90's and a whole gaggle of cowbells clanking right in my ears in the rows behind me.

I don't know how the Miss St. fans handle that all game long...ear plugs for sure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Oh Please no more CowBell...

Oct 18, 2015, 10:49 PM

Ha, agreed. We need to organize a low decibel chant instead of high pitch screaming.

Oct 18, 2015, 10:51 PM

Didn't think we were real loud last night. Crowd was a little flat for some reason. We were louder last Sat. Need to li m it up for noles, shouldn't be a problem.

Oct 18, 2015, 10:51 PM

I really think it has a lot to do with the opponent for most people. I get pumped and make a much noise as possible for any opponent, but most people only go crazy for big games.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I felt the same way

Oct 18, 2015, 10:52 PM

In the part of the student section I was in, I would be the only one screaming during the BC huddle, and felt like everyone assumed I was some obnoxious drunk. A big part of crowd noise is to affect the visitors communication, which for teams like BC, occurs in a huddle

Re: I felt the same way

Oct 18, 2015, 11:02 PM

They're close enough in the huddle that the noise level wouldn't make much difference. It's better utilized when they're lined up further apart and must communicate any changes based what the defense is showing them.

Oct 18, 2015, 10:57 PM

Great point - I was thinking about this as well during the game. I think we've only noticed this game because so many teams run a no-huddle and most communication is at the LOS

Oct 18, 2015, 11:29 PM

exactly

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs?***

Oct 18, 2015, 11:41 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created, and with them the animals,
The birds and the creatures that move along the ground, for I regret that I have made them.

Replies: 19
| visibility 2,738
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic