Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So our Tigers are up to 3 invitations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

So our Tigers are up to 3 invitations

Jan 16, 2019, 12:50 PM

For better dinners. From Michael Strahan, Quaye the rapper and now from Nick Kokonas, who helps run "Alinea" in Chicago which is one of the few 5 star Michelin restaurants in the world.

Can Clemson actually accept any of these? Or would it be an NCAA violation?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So our Tigers are up to 3 invitations

Jan 16, 2019, 12:54 PM

Hopefully! These offers need to spring for flight expenses as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 12:56 PM

Wow. Alinea is an amazing restaurant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 12:56 PM

Interesting question. It wasnt for the WH but I guess for private folks it could be. Strahans was interesting. LObster used to be regarded as poor peoples food years ago and not like it is perceived today. I had never heard this till a few years ago

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mmm. Cockroach of the sea..

Jan 16, 2019, 1:02 PM

I prefer crab legs with garlic butter

Re: Mmm. Cockroach of the sea..

Jan 16, 2019, 2:54 PM

The best Lobster I've ever eaten, was when I lived in Hawaii, and my best friend, a local Hawaiian would take me reef diving on the North shore at night looking for the Hawaiian lobster. We had to use what they called a Hawaiian sling which was a 3 prong spear with a rubber like tubing that propels the spear, and the main reason for using a the spear was bc, the holes that you will most likely find the lobster, there will be a big A$S Moray eel laying ready to attack anything that goes in the hole where the lobsters hide at. The lobster is easy to find with a bright diving flash light bc their eyes will be dark blue, bingo, guaranteed lobster with his pal the Moray eel waiting. So we would shoot them with the Hawaiian sling and be ready to hall A$S if the Moray comes out the hole, and they will if they feel threaten by you

But anyway, the only meat you get is in the their tail bc they don't have claws, they have thorns all over the main body part of them for protection from most but not all. They are called the spiney lobster, but they are the best tasting lobster that I have ever had, and the meat isn't as firm as the cold water lobster. We would mix the sea water about 50/50 mix with fresh water. After you have eaten a Hawaiian lobster, the cold water lobster just won't taste that good to you anymore bc Hawaiian lobster are a much better tasting lobster, and the meat is softer and it feels better in your mouth, or it did to me.

Most lobster holes in the reef are about 25-30 Ft down, but with those huge fins they use for lobster diving, it don't take but a few seconds to get down to where the lobster will be found. The lobster is well worth the practice it takes of holding your breath long enough to go down and searching for a few hole to get a lobster. When we would go, we would try and get a dozen lobster for the pot we would have for heating/boiling the water with wood or charcoals in a lava rock hole. My best friend and a couple other friends and our wives would spend the night on the North Shore hunting for lobster, drinking, and eating lobster and raw tuna. Some of the best memories of my life was spent on the North Shore with friends eating, drinking, and just having a great time Hawaiian style!!! If I would have been well off financially, I would have moved back to Hawaii years ago!!! It's cheap living there when you live in base housing and shopping in the Military commissaries and the PX-es!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The tweet

Jan 16, 2019, 12:59 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/nickkokonas/status/1085377082614562816

We could make an awesome anti-trump political statement

Jan 16, 2019, 2:14 PM

like all the cool kids are doing!

Football should be more political and less about family, team, commitment, hard work etc

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shree invitashuns for Clemzin....

Jan 16, 2019, 1:18 PM

These idjits know they are in skool and can't come.

Tell'em to cover the cost of a meal at Calhoun Corners or Smokin'Pig.

It would be embarrassing

Jan 16, 2019, 1:21 PM

to fall for it. These idiots want to use our team to make a useless little political statement. I hope we stay away from this crap.

Dining at the Paw Bistro is pretty darn good.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No different than Trump and his hamberders. Food sounds better, though***

Jan 16, 2019, 1:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No different than Trump and his hamberders. Food sounds better, though***

Jan 16, 2019, 2:07 PM

If not a violation, hope they accept every one. Would be amazing for recruiting.

Message was edited by: OrangeJase®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 2:21 PM

You missed one, it's really getting out of hand

This one definitely got some retweets from the team***

Jan 16, 2019, 2:23 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 2:28 PM

If I'm not mistaken, it is only a NCAA violation if those providing the food are boosters and/or they make money off of the players involvement.

I'm not familiar with the other two, but if the players were to go on GMA with Michael Strahan for his invitation, I believe that GMA and ABC would be profiting thereby making it a violation.

i wonder if amount of money matters

Jan 16, 2019, 3:06 PM

Alinea would be crazy expensive for that many people.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic