Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So no college football game on ESPN last night...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 63
| visibility 1

So no college football game on ESPN last night...

Oct 13, 2017, 8:46 AM

have they basically conceded Thursday night to the NFL?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: So no college football game on ESPN last night...

Oct 13, 2017, 8:50 AM

No..last night was supposed to be Miami vs GT.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty clear bob doesn't follow college football as closely

Oct 13, 2017, 8:51 AM

as the rest of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Good point, forgot about that.

Oct 13, 2017, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: So no college football game on ESPN last night... ]

Never mind.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Good point, forgot about that.

Oct 13, 2017, 9:26 AM

Nice recovery there Bob. :)

Re: Good point, forgot about that.***

Oct 13, 2017, 10:31 AM [ in reply to Good point, forgot about that. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Rajun Cajuns vs Texas State was on***

Oct 13, 2017, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully the mods take down the op and save bob from even

Oct 13, 2017, 8:52 AM

more embarrassment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Is that even possible?

Oct 13, 2017, 9:06 AM

#fingerscrossed

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Texas State had some cool uniforms

Oct 13, 2017, 12:58 PM [ in reply to Rajun Cajuns vs Texas State was on*** ]

Their team was garbage, but they looked good losing.

i feel embarrassed for you right now***

Oct 13, 2017, 9:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: So no college football game on ESPN last night...

Oct 13, 2017, 10:59 AM

No games in honor of Jamel Hill

the NFL is more popular than CFB, that is why most

Oct 13, 2017, 12:52 PM

of the good match ups have moved to Friday nights...Also, GT and Miami were supposed to play, but the game got moved due to the earlier storms, but as a whole, ESPN has shifted their games to Friday because the NFL games draw a bigger crowd

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lost me at "the NFL is more popular than CFB".

Oct 13, 2017, 12:54 PM

Add up how many people attended a college football game in 2016 vs how many attended an NFL game in 2016. The results may surprise you.

Is it because of all the kneeling?

Oct 13, 2017, 12:57 PM

Asking for a friend.

this might come as a surprise to you, but there are more

Oct 13, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to You lost me at "the NFL is more popular than CFB". ]

CFB games to attend...Look at the Top 3 CFB TV markets...Birmingham, Knoxville and Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville...That pales in comparison to NY/LA/Chicago

More evidence that college football is more popular.***

Oct 13, 2017, 1:00 PM

Not according to the TV ratings, and that is the argument

Oct 13, 2017, 1:04 PM

here...https://www.forbes.com/sites/leighsteinberg/2017/09/21/the-nfls-unprecedented-dominance-in-television/#1bbdaa361914

TV ratings?

Oct 13, 2017, 1:05 PM

CFB fans ATTEND THE GAMES. There are multiple stadiums that sit over 100,000 fans. Last time I checked NFL stadiums were much smaller than that.

hth

you're trying to change the argument, but the NFL

Oct 13, 2017, 1:22 PM

dominates the TV audience or didn't you read the Forbes article

Maybe you should try

Oct 13, 2017, 1:28 PM

adding up all the people who watched college games in 2016 and comparing it to how many people watched NFL games.

It might surprise you.

Add up all the people who watched a college football game on

Oct 13, 2017, 1:11 PM [ in reply to Not according to the TV ratings, and that is the argument ]

TV in 2016 and compare that to all of those who watched an NFL game on TV in 2016. The results may surprise you.

no, it wouldn't....The NFL has a larger TV audience***

Oct 13, 2017, 1:24 PM

Are you saying more people watched an NFL game on TV

Oct 13, 2017, 1:28 PM

in 2016 than watched a college game on TV in 2016?

PS: I have not looked up the numbers, but may.

I'm saying the NFL has higher ratings and I provided a link

Oct 13, 2017, 1:29 PM

that proved it

But did you add up all viewers of both in 2016?

Oct 13, 2017, 1:30 PM

The results could surprise you.

do your own homework...I know which one gets the higher

Oct 13, 2017, 1:36 PM

Nielsen rating

Only idiots allow a Nielson box in their home.

Oct 13, 2017, 1:37 PM

HTH

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: But did you add up all viewers of both in 2016?

Oct 13, 2017, 1:36 PM [ in reply to But did you add up all viewers of both in 2016? ]

I'm pretty sure if you used that same logic and added up all the people who watched an MLB game in person and on tv, that MLB would have the highest numbers. I don't think anyone would try and argue that the MLB is the most popular sport in this country.

the RAG would ague it...I have links to prove it

Oct 13, 2017, 1:40 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22345003

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22345185

https://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=22345257

List of RAG members?***

Oct 13, 2017, 1:44 PM

You're kidding, right?

Oct 13, 2017, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Re: But did you add up all viewers of both in 2016? ]

More people watch the NFL and/or CFB than watch baseball. Remember, you can only count a fan once, you can't count a fan each time he/she attends a game or watches one on TV.

Re: You're kidding, right?

Oct 13, 2017, 3:59 PM

Is that not what you're doing though by adding up the number of people attending or watching college football games as a whole? You're also comparing the numbers for hundreds of colleges each weekend to less than a few dozen NFL teams.

Demand is higher for college football, or there wouldn't be

Oct 13, 2017, 4:17 PM

more teams.

So a sports popularity is gauged by TV ratings...

Oct 13, 2017, 3:02 PM [ in reply to I'm saying the NFL has higher ratings and I provided a link ]

not by the total number of people who watch, or the total number of fans who attend games?

Got it.

Even still

Oct 13, 2017, 3:03 PM

Add the number of total tv viewers from CFB from 2016 and compare it to the total viewers for the NFL. You might be surprised.

I am very surprised by what I am seeing here.***

Oct 13, 2017, 3:07 PM

you are arguing numbers with a guy that said

Oct 13, 2017, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Are you saying more people watched an NFL game on TV ]

1.3 > 1.7

hth

whatever you say Welsher***

Oct 13, 2017, 3:52 PM

I wouldn't start a war with Snowtown

Oct 13, 2017, 3:53 PM

Everyone on Tnet LOVES that guy!

He'll just change his name...That seems to be what he does

Oct 13, 2017, 4:01 PM

after he shoots his mouth off and can't pay up

Not sure what you're referring to

Oct 13, 2017, 4:03 PM

Can you elaborate?

yes***

Oct 13, 2017, 4:08 PM

At my house is was CFB-2, NFL-0.

Oct 13, 2017, 1:25 PM [ in reply to Add up all the people who watched a college football game on ]

Facts

Re: At my house is was CFB-2, NFL-0.

Oct 13, 2017, 3:21 PM

well you can't refute facts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not according to the TV ratings, and that is the argument

Oct 13, 2017, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Not according to the TV ratings, and that is the argument ]

That's because some people nap better on Sunday afternoon to NFL and some to golf...then there's NASCAR.

I sleep well to all three. But I'm really tired after 18 straight hours on sattidy.

Ok, so I looked it up...

Oct 13, 2017, 3:36 PM [ in reply to the NFL is more popular than CFB, that is why most ]

Just over 17 million people attended an NFL game in 2016 compared to over 48 million who attended a college football game.

Re: Ok, so I looked it up...

Oct 13, 2017, 4:00 PM

How many colleges compared to NFL teams?

Why does that matter?***

Oct 13, 2017, 4:03 PM

Re: Why does that matter?***

Oct 13, 2017, 4:17 PM

Are you seriously asking me how it matters that you're comparing the number in attendance for hundreds against dozens?

It's not like one person can go to more than one game

Oct 13, 2017, 4:19 PM

Who cares how many there are.

Plus the fact that there are more college games means people want it more. Read some Adam Smith. Gosh.

It was total viewership, not per capita.***

Oct 13, 2017, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, so I looked it up... ]

More college teams = More evidence it's more popular***

Oct 13, 2017, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Ok, so I looked it up... ]

Re: More college teams = More evidence it's more popular***

Oct 13, 2017, 4:18 PM

I really can't tell if you're being serious or trolling. If college football is more popular then how do you explain 25.7 million viewers for this past years NC game vs. 111.3 million for the Super Bowl?

Super Bowl was on a Sunday

Oct 13, 2017, 4:20 PM

hth

Re: Super Bowl was on a Sunday

Oct 13, 2017, 4:23 PM

You're right. The college football NC could gain another 86 million viewers simply by moving the game to Sunday...

Are you serious or are you trolling FM and I?

Oct 13, 2017, 4:27 PM

I literally cannot tell. Everyone knows a weekend game gets more viewers than a weeknight.

Re: Super Bowl was on a Sunday

Oct 13, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Super Bowl was on a Sunday ]

Those viewers are only there for the commercials.

they're just trolling...It's their thing***

Oct 13, 2017, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Re: More college teams = More evidence it's more popular*** ]

The Olympics averaged over 28 million viewers...

Oct 13, 2017, 4:33 PM [ in reply to Re: More college teams = More evidence it's more popular*** ]

Do you think Olympic sports are more popular than college football?

What is your explanation for ESPN conceding Thurdsay

Oct 13, 2017, 4:56 PM

night to the NFL?

They are trying to make the NFL more accessible...

Oct 13, 2017, 5:05 PM

thus increasing its lagging popularity?

It's on a competing network***

Oct 13, 2017, 5:26 PM

Re: It's on a competing network***

Oct 13, 2017, 5:33 PM

What network will be broadcasting UAB vs Middle Tennessee?
Will those numbers count towards the total viewers?

Replies: 63
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic