Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So much this.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 564

So much this.....

Oct 5, 2015, 4:07 PM

It was fun at first, and maybe kind of useful, too. But at some point enough is enough. So please, for the love of god, can we finally retire the notion of “Clemsoning”?

For starters, as it has entered the sport’s mainstream lexicon, the term has been increasingly misused to describe almost any Clemson loss (or potential Clemson loss) in any circumstance, even when it runs totally counter to the reason “Clemsoning” was coined in the first place. A classic Clemsoning is a random, momentum-killing flop by a ranked team against an unranked opponent, the kind of defeat that Clemson used to supply with regularity.4 Applied to the 2015 schedule, Clemsoning would mean beating Notre Dame in dramatic, emotional fashion (check), then blowing next week’s game against a Georgia Tech team coming off three straight losses.

Besides, it’s been years now since the last true Clemsoning. The Tigers have taken 32 straight games against unranked opponents dating back to November 2011. (Even if you understand “Clemsoning” to mean some kind of inexplicable failure in the clutch, note that the Tigers have also won 41 straight in which they led entering the fourth quarter.) Entire recruiting classes have come and gone without having Clemsoned even once. Over that same span, they have logged nonconference wins against the likes of Auburn (twice), LSU, Georgia, Ohio State, Oklahoma, and now Notre Dame, and it looks like they’re well on their way to finishing in the top 15 in the AP poll for the fourth year in a row. “Clemsoning” exists to mock predictability and futility; in reality, under Dabo Swinney, Clemson has become one of the most predictable winners in the nation.

The Tigers (like virtually all teams) have suffered some high-profile losses under Swinney, as well as their share of heartbreakers, and Saturday night became another one after Notre Dame rallied from a 21-3 deficit at the start of the fourth quarter, getting within a two-point conversion of forcing overtime. But it didn’t, and as long as quarterback Deshaun Watson remains upright, there’s every reason to believe that Clemson is the ACC’s best playoff hope.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/college-football-week-5-wrap-now-and-gators/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it will never go away until we win the NC imo

Oct 5, 2015, 4:14 PM

every loss will be called clemsoning. It could be the Patriots and it'd be Clemsoning.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How can we get what UGA does to be named

Oct 5, 2015, 4:16 PM

then used constantly?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's called ######## the bed.***

Oct 5, 2015, 4:16 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but we want to put the UGA name to it.***

Oct 5, 2015, 4:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawgin***

Oct 5, 2015, 5:40 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or Southern Cal***

Oct 5, 2015, 4:45 PM [ in reply to How can we get what UGA does to be named ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I still consider getting totally raped in big games

Oct 5, 2015, 4:18 PM

to be Clemsoning. I've seen it happen far too many times, FSU, Georgia, Texas Tech, West Virginia.....I would consider all of those losses to be in that category.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm really good at forgetting that Texas Tech one.

Oct 5, 2015, 4:20 PM

But I can tell you where I was and who I was with. Mostly because some lowlife who married a woman that looks like a hairless chewbacca with hair tried to skip out on beers.

WE HAVE REACHED PEAK AERO***

Oct 5, 2015, 4:56 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pigs of?

Oct 5, 2015, 5:01 PM [ in reply to I'm really good at forgetting that Texas Tech one. ]

lowlife who married a woman that looks like a hairless chewbacca with hair tried to skip out on beers.

ROH

And don't forget vs Alabama in the jawga dome.

Oct 5, 2015, 4:30 PM [ in reply to I still consider getting totally raped in big games ]

That was a real pantshitter.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

#ACCFTS

that one hurt

Oct 5, 2015, 5:24 PM

worst ride home from anywhere, ever

Yep, and I was with my in-laws (lifetime bama fans). Ugh***

Oct 5, 2015, 5:49 PM

#ACCFTS

I disagree.

Oct 5, 2015, 11:35 PM [ in reply to that one hurt ]

Getting the #### kicked out if us 41-0 in the 1996 Gator Bowl by a bunch of ### yankee syracuse orangemen, then riding home 4 hours in the rain on i-95 was the worst ride home ever.

AMEN. I was 14 and that trip was my Christmas Present

Oct 6, 2015, 8:15 AM

What a ###### Christmas present. We made up for it by winning the Gator Bowel against Mike Vick and VT in 2001, my Freshman year at Clemson. What a fun trip that one was too, food poisoning for a few days, hungover and sick in the stadium, but at least we won*.

*WE DIDN'T WIN THAT ONE EITHER.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 564
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic