Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Heard Chris Fowler called Dabo out and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

Heard Chris Fowler called Dabo out and

Dec 1, 2019, 9:50 PM

Basically accused him of crying wolf- on disrespect. Don't have the link. Of course CF is part of the smarmy treatment of Clemson by eSECpn.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Heard Chris Fowler called Dabo out and

Dec 1, 2019, 9:52 PM

He who smelt it dealt it.
His guilty conscience is stinging.

And Chriz Flower always pronounces it Clemzen. F him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Heard Chris Fowler called Dabo out - what has CF ever

Dec 1, 2019, 9:54 PM

done or won. Seldom even has down and distance right on PBP.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hard to say you're crying wolf when you go from #1 to #5

Dec 1, 2019, 9:59 PM

and depend on other teams losing to get you to #3

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hard to say you're crying wolf when you go from #1 to #5

Dec 1, 2019, 10:01 PM

With no losses when it happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And Fowler can say what he wants about UGA

Dec 1, 2019, 10:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 10:05 PM

Maybe Fowler is worried about getting replaced by an ACC guy like Dabo suggested.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i hope Chrissy had a designated driver.***

Dec 1, 2019, 10:57 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Here ya go

Dec 1, 2019, 10:07 PM

So it's really a big nothing burger. Fowler is not

Dec 1, 2019, 10:14 PM

being critical of Dabo and in fact is very complimentary of us. While I disagree with his take that there is no disrespect, all Fowler was doing was making the argument that Clemson is respected. Looks like 247 is offering up some click bait and trying to stir the pot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I don't have a problem with what he said***

Dec 1, 2019, 10:15 PM

It wasn’t terrible but there was no reason to say it

Dec 1, 2019, 10:28 PM

Chris Fowler..sounds familiar but can't recall him!

Dec 1, 2019, 10:36 PM

Seriously..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no but I think there has been some "disrespect".

Dec 1, 2019, 11:02 PM [ in reply to So it's really a big nothing burger. Fowler is not ]

I think the thing is how hard the media hit us over a win at unc. The "narrative" still remains "yeah but they almost lost" stuff. We got hit as hard as a crappy loss did for UGA. I think that's what it goes back to.

actually we got hit harder!***

Dec 1, 2019, 11:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree.

Dec 2, 2019, 12:42 AM [ in reply to no but I think there has been some "disrespect". ]

UGA lost to a really bad USC team who also lost to App ST and UNC. And UGA is just below us? He makes the point that their quality wins are just other SEC teams and ND.

Maybe no one in the SEC is that scary except for LSU. I would not be afraid of Auburn, UGA, or Florida. I think we would beat all those teams like a drum.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no but I think there has been some "disrespect".

Dec 2, 2019, 8:04 AM [ in reply to no but I think there has been some "disrespect". ]

This is the major gone in the fight, our one point victory over the Tarheels is considered a poor win but Georgia's loss to the Gamecocks is considered a quality loss. And the media has adopted this as a major talking point.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 10:36 PM

Tell horse face to shove it!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 1, 2019, 11:07 PM

He has got to be related to Coach K because both look like they came from that same horse.....Go Tigers!!!!

Dec 1, 2019, 10:50 PM

Fowler is an ESPN pos .......and has one of the major roles in their fake narrative to promote only the SEC......who signs his frigging paycheck every week....can’t really believe anybody over there because they really can’t say anything on their own and be truthful or risk being fired......Go Tigers!!!!!

Yep, don't forget it was Fowler and Jesse Palmer giggling about the Clemson kid after that GT loss

Dec 1, 2019, 11:06 PM

and kept him on camera forever just so they could make fun of him. Never had any use for that unprofessional hack after that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If everyone respects Clemson so much then why do these

Dec 1, 2019, 11:02 PM

same talking heads say Clemson can't afford to lose a single game and still make the CFP? They constantly say that a one loss Clemson will get left out of the playoffs and THIS is the point Dabo was making. Had we lost to the same team that beat UGA - not a darn one of these yapping dogs would be talking about Clemson remaining in the CFP conversation due to "eye test" and our domination over all other teams. Nope they would all pig pile on that one loss as evidence we don't belong and we would be out of it no matter what.

Everyone else (i.e. OSU, LSU, UGA, Utah, OU and even Bama before their 2nd loss) can have one loss and still be in the mix for the CFP. All season long, Clemson was never given any room for error as a single loss, no matter how much we dominate all other opponents, would eliminate us from the CFP. If other teams can lose one game and be given the "eye test" benefit of the doubt then why not apply the same standard to Clemson? That is the root of the national disrespect that Dabo is talking about.

Chris Fowler just needs to shut up and listen to what Dabo is saying. Fowler totally missed Dabo's point and would be among those saying Clemson doesn't belong in the CFP had we lost a game.

Thank goodness Dabo realizes the environment we are in (no room for error) as does the team. You can bet your last dollar this coaching staff and team are on a mission to shut down these "ain't played nobody" commentators. We have the best coaching staff and best team in college football - only Clemson can beat Clemson and I think we ride this all the way to another National Championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep... and then another... 4 out of 5 has a ring to it.***

Dec 1, 2019, 11:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 1:44 AM

Dabo is just using it for motivation for the team. That's all it is.

Dec 2, 2019, 3:08 AM

Nope. Telling the truth and if it helps the team too all the better.

Dec 2, 2019, 3:39 AM

Nah...Its an act. He isnt worried about it. Its all about motivation and a narrative. Its us vs the world type thing. Lets quiet the doubters. They say you arent good enough etc etc.

Dec 2, 2019, 3:54 AM

No act, bud. Dabo is defending the reputation of his players who are being ignored and disrespected by the media.
You’re blind if you can’t see that.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 4:00 AM

Youre very naive, bud. Its not that important and he knows it is all settled on the field. It's for motivation and a narrative. It's something great coaches do. Its common. He isnt that sensitive. He is a smart man who is master motivator. He is keeping that fire lit.

Dec 2, 2019, 3:27 AM

Please ESPN has been like a giant commercial for Clemson at times last few years including Spring game. Now Clemson's fall from No.1 without a loss has been ridiculous this year.

Dec 2, 2019, 4:34 AM

That is true, but they also hit Clemson during the spring game that we don't play anybody. The esecpn narrative began during the spring game. ESECPN does say good things about Clemson-but they will bring the "c" word back the first chance they get. How many times has ugay been ripped for what is the worse loss of any playoff contender? People can say what they want about how the national media treats Clemson just like the other teams, but the fact is that Clemson has proven it is an elite program, ugay hasn't-yet they get more respect from the media-having done nothing.

Dec 2, 2019, 3:41 AM

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B5g9lPygIwH/?igshid=90kfigz57t3k

Fowler’s comments are on his insta

Dec 2, 2019, 4:24 AM

I think Dabo could have used a better example than Georgia. They dropped to 10 with their loss and they did beat ranked teams to work their way back which 3 are still ranked. Alabama is another story. And as Dabo said we had one bad game, well Georgia also had one bad game , 4 turnovers and still carried it to double overtime. Fact is the ACC was very weak this year and beating the crap out of opponents didn’t carry much weight. I think Clemson could win the SEC if they were in it no doubt . Every year Ohio State is put on a pedestal even though they don’t play anyone.

Don't forget Danny's words...just before the playoff was

Dec 2, 2019, 4:42 AM

adopted. When asked "Will Clemson ever win another NC?" He said No. Not because we don't have the staff. Not because we don't have the players. Not even because we won't have the wins. He said we wouldn't have the respect or the advantages given to the blue bloods like eye-test, high preseason rankings, benefit of the doubt, coverage after one loss...ALL the stuff we see right now, TODAY. The bias IS real, it has been real, and everyone who isn't closing their eyes can see it. Bravo to Dabo for calling thats *&^^ out!

We just need to thank our lucky stars we can decide the NC

Dec 2, 2019, 4:45 AM

on the field today and not rely on the popularity and demographics-ratings contest it had been since 1936.

I'm tired of getting upset over their useless opinions

Dec 2, 2019, 4:42 AM

Block them out--life's too short. The Tigers just need to win. Period.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

I don't blame you, my good Friend. I have the luxury

Dec 2, 2019, 5:51 AM

of longevity and just enough arrogance to ignore all the talking head younger punks, while letting our on-field play produce results.

It's a simple formula: win, we're in. Win the first CFP game, advance to the final. Win that, we're national champions.

Re: I'm tired of getting upset over their useless opinions

Dec 2, 2019, 7:54 AM [ in reply to I'm tired of getting upset over their useless opinions ]

Right on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2019, 5:54 AM

The root of the issue for me was dropping the defending national champions to #5 in the first poll. They NEVER would have done that to Alabama.

Totally agree! I'm feel confident they would have never

Dec 2, 2019, 6:52 AM

moved Bama out of the top spot if they were the team that was defending National champion with the same personnel returning and given the same schedule and outcomes, even the close win. Bama WOULD be given the benefit of doubt! That's the HUGE elephant in the room (no pun intended) that ESPN and most of the other outlets will not admit!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m actually ok...

Dec 2, 2019, 7:02 AM

...with Clemson at 3. Ohio st totally deserves #1given their schedule. I think Clemson is better than LSU but I’m not outraged that they are 2. It was just that initial poll that had Clemson at 5 that was BS.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic