Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So it seems the SEC Network is a big selling point
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

So it seems the SEC Network is a big selling point

May 14, 2014, 9:14 AM

Meanwhile we're stuck on Raycom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So it seems the SEC Network is a big selling point- but

May 14, 2014, 9:19 AM

at least the Swofford's are doing well and that is what counts. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

gotta keep his son in a job***

May 14, 2014, 9:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A big selling point to what? ******

May 14, 2014, 9:27 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: A big selling point to what? ******

May 14, 2014, 9:37 AM

I don't see how he was gonna intern at the sec network. They are based in charlotte big time football player train on campus during the summer, and I'm sure its not tenn that gets to pick who they want its the network. Tenn is just a program that will tell kids anything to get them.

So far the only cable companies are UVerse and Dish

May 14, 2014, 9:37 AM

I haven't heard any other cable companies bringing it up.

Re: So far the only cable companies are UVerse and Dish

May 14, 2014, 10:56 AM

They are all in negotiation with ESPN for this. It's always behind closed doors. They will drag their feet but they will not let Dish and UVerse have exclusive rights for the SEC Network. You can get Dish anywhere and UVerse most places. The SEC footprint and rabid fan base will be way too much to overlook. They will lose customers all though the south. ESPN owns the rights to the ACC for many more years so a channel for them is not something they will even have to deal with for a long while. I don't think an ACC Network will ever happen once the SEC Network gears up. The market will be too saturated to make it successful...IMO.

Lol now you Coots have "conference network pride"?

May 14, 2014, 10:57 AM

Muh SEC Network rulez, A She She Network sux

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They said the same thing about the BTN

May 14, 2014, 11:13 AM [ in reply to Re: So far the only cable companies are UVerse and Dish ]

its a money loser. The Longhorn network hasn't caught on for the simple fact that Texas sports are overexposed anyway. SEC is on enough ESPN products that you don't need it and there is no way that ESPN is going to let enough of their best content to go to the SEC network to drive adoption.

But I do agree that ESPN/ABC has the ACC by the short hairs. Maybe the ND tie-in can leverage NBC (like the SEC has with CBS) or force ESPN to pony up.

Re: They said the same thing about the BTN

May 14, 2014, 1:20 PM

ESPN can't televise all the games and it's a deal that has already been worked out. The fan bases would be willing to shell out a 2 or 3 dollar more a month fee for SEC football. It will cost you a years worth of the network to attend ANY college sporting event in person. Big screen, easy chair, cold brew and it's a done week of football, basketball, baseball or what ever. How you gonna beat that if you can't be there. You can't.

The only folks paying that are in the conference market

May 14, 2014, 2:13 PM

and the rest of the market rebels against it. The only place that the SEC network is going to have an overwhelming response is Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee and Mississippi (if they ever get 'lectricity) and Louisiana. The only good television market out of all that is Atlanta.

If it was such a homerun, ESPN wouldn't be pimping the commercials asking customers to request the SEC Network.

maybe

May 14, 2014, 2:31 PM

But espn has been hyping the sec for years building demand for it. Most people will get out for football and not the off season stuff.

People will get it to judt to see the 3 games that espn doesn't already have on their main channels.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: The only folks paying that are in the conference market

May 14, 2014, 2:47 PM [ in reply to The only folks paying that are in the conference market ]

In your dreams...you need to do some ratings research before you post. ESPN is not going to out a partnership with the SEC without the national brand a done deal. Clemson fans want to dismiss the SEC and it's power but when they were talking expansion every one of you guys were on board to join. The SEC carries weight and makes money and Clemson fans would be foolish not to want a part of that. It's not possible so you try to diminish the benefits that come with being in it. I get it....the prettiest girl turns you down, so you slam her, call her ugly but deep down inside....you know the real truth.

You go hang out with the hooker... I'll pass.***

May 14, 2014, 3:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only folks paying that are in the conference market

May 14, 2014, 9:43 PM [ in reply to Re: The only folks paying that are in the conference market ]

This is the first months schedule for the SEC Network. What games would you honestly watch? I see maybe 3 that i would watch.
Most of these games will be blow outs by the end of the first quarter. And most peeps will watch something else.
Looks like the same programming as ESPN3 to me.

Thursday, Aug. 28

Texas A&M at South Carolina, 6pm ET
Temple at Vanderbilt, 9:15 pm ET

Saturday, Aug. 30

UT Martin at Kentucky, Noon ET
Arkansas at Auburn, 4 pm ET
Southern Miss at Mississippi State, 7:30 pm ET

Sunday, Aug. 31

Utah State at Tennessee, 7 pm ET

Saturday, Sept. 6

Florida Atlantic at Alabama, Noon ET
Arkansas State at Tennessee, Noon ET
Eastern Michigan at Florida, 4 pm ET
Nicholls State at Arkansas, 4pm ET
Sam Houston State at LSU, 7:30pm ET
Lamar at Texas A&M, 7:30pm ET

Saturday, Sept. 13

UCF at Missouri, Noon ET
UL Lafayette at Ole Miss, 4pm ET
Kentucky at Florida, 7:30pm ET

Saturday, Sept. 20

Troy at Georgia, Noon ET
TBD, 4pm ET
TBD, 7:30 pm ET

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC Network is a selling point for UT football.....

May 14, 2014, 9:42 AM

because they are bad enough that their games will be relegated to that vs being chosen for ESPN/CBS game of the week.

Bring back Doc Walker, that'll pull in the recruits.***

May 14, 2014, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doc works the Washington Redskins' games.***

May 14, 2014, 1:49 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

Actually the ACC is the most promising conference to make

May 14, 2014, 11:43 AM

a Conference Network successful since it appears to be the conference that cares about the olympic sports, golf and lacrosse.

I think one of the BTN's top draws is wrestling. The ACC would be strong in soccer and lacrosse in viewership.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Like it or not, the SEC itself is a big selling point for

May 14, 2014, 11:44 AM

a lot of kids.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

The biggest games will still be on CBS

May 14, 2014, 3:13 PM

They get first dibs on the 3:30 games. So there won't be a change there as they'll still have
Aub vs Bama
ThUGA vs UT
Fla vs ThUGA
Atm vs Bama
LsWho vs Bama

To name a few. And they'll prolly get
Coots vs ThUGA
Atm vs LsWho
Coots vs Aub.

All you will miss are crap games like

May 14, 2014, 3:25 PM

the aggies (no manziel) vs the chikkens (no clowney)..
Big woo....

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic