Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list

Jul 8, 2020, 8:42 PM

Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list

Five-star defensive end and former Clemson commitment Korey Foreman released his latest top schools list on Wednesday. Foreman decommitted from the Tigers in la Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list

Jul 8, 2020, 9:03 PM

It is going to be interesting to see how this plays out. Will Dabo take him? You may see the power of a Tiger offer when all is said and done.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:45 PM

Yes he has an offer still and its up to Foreman. The staff has told him he still has an offer.

I would say right about now, I don't care yea or nay whether

Jul 8, 2020, 9:22 PM

we get this one or not. He could help us, but if we have to stand pat with what we already have, I'd be just fine with that!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This feels like kimdeechee. Pass.***

Jul 8, 2020, 9:25 PM

Re: This feels like kimdeechee. Pass.***

Jul 8, 2020, 9:49 PM

Yeeahh I feel similar.

Listening to some good rock this past weekend. Aerosmith...

"Is it oooover... is it ovvvvvver... cause I'm blowing out the flame....."

But I don't have a hole in my soul. At all. Even since he was decommitting.

Jul 8, 2020, 11:46 PM [ in reply to This feels like kimdeechee. Pass.*** ]

Not even similar. He is supposed to be a great kid. There are no character issues.

There's at least one. He committed to us knowing full well

Jul 9, 2020, 9:28 AM

that he intended to take other visits. He was obviously testing Dabo to see if he could pull an exception out of him to the established policy of no more visits once you commit. In other words, seeking preferential treatment. He quickly found out that Dabo don;t play that crap, and then decommited. Better he keeps trying to bend the rules someplace else, far as I'm concerned.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 4:56 PM [ in reply to Re: This feels like kimdeechee. Pass.*** ]

There are character issues. Either he has not fully checked into BLM to understand what they truly stand for or he has and accepts what they stand for. In either case he is wrong so I have a problem with him. Don't want him now.

So, is that a hard pass in supporting other Tigers who

Jul 9, 2020, 5:40 PM

have said that they support BLM? at the protest on campus there was TLawrence, Mike Jones, Cornell Powell, Darien Rencher, Jordan Williams, Dabo Swinney among many, as well as those who have expressed their support such as DeShaun Watson, Nuk Hopkins, and others.
Just wondering because you may find that there are a lot of current and former Tigers who support the BLM movement and not necessarily the organization... I for one do not support the organization but whole heartedly support the movement.
Would you support them if they fully understood the difference in the organization vs. the movement and but they supported the movement but not the organization?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, is that a hard pass in supporting other Tigers who

Jul 9, 2020, 10:52 PM

He’s a waffler, nothing to do with blm...it’s not personal, it’s business. We need people that know what they want when they see it.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:01 AM

actually, BMWTiger94 said this,
"There are character issues. Either he has not fully checked into BLM to understand what they truly stand for or he has and accepts what they stand for. In either case he is wrong so I have a problem with him. Don't want him now."
That is why I asked the questions, so BMWTigers94 did relate KForeman to BLM, or, are you he with two different accounts? LOL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 9:06 AM

That wasn't me. I only have one account. And to answer the other part of your question about supporting the other players that may support the movement but not the organization. I'm really not sure yet either way. These are easily swayed young men but they are trying to find their way in this messed up world so I'm having a hard time not supporting them. I'm very concerned with the way college football is heading with the payments to athletes etc. I'm afraid we are going to end up like the NFL and other professional sports. Spoiled millionaires who have ruined the sport by bringing politics into it. I no longer watch any pro sports and if college sports go the same route I won't support it either. Even if it's Clemson, because at that the point the university has become complicit .

Aug 27, 2020, 8:56 AM [ in reply to So, is that a hard pass in supporting other Tigers who ]

One problem I have with supporting the movement but not the organization is that the movement is based on the thought that there is systemic racism in this country and that police are targeting blacks. FBI crime data disproves the police targeting blacks and I don't believe there is systemic racism in this country. If that was the case there would have been a lot more violence for a longer period of time than just the last few months. Are there racists in this country? Yes, both black and white. Also the name BLM is racist and divise in it's connotation that other races lives aren't as important.

Jul 9, 2020, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: This feels like kimdeechee. Pass.*** ]

Naw.....need someone who knows what he wants, not a waffler.....nothing personal, just business.??

Jul 10, 2020, 8:13 AM

He’s 17, lives on the west coast, and the world has changed tremendously since his initial commitment. He’s allowed to re-evaluate his decision if that’s his desire.

Jul 8, 2020, 9:26 PM

Would be nice for him to recommit but if it doesn’t happen then so be it. I trust in Dabo and his philosophies that have gotten the program to where it is today. If they tell him sorry we’ve moved on then it’s for the best. Dabo is always consistent, fair, and honest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 9:51 PM

If he can find somewhere better than Clemson then he should go for it!

Jul 9, 2020, 8:54 AM

Well, he won't find a place better than Clemson. He may find one he likes better, but it gets no better than Clemson today. We'll see how this plays out. He must be a great player, based on his stars, and his #1 rating, at this point. I just hope he realizes the type character that Dabo wants on our team and that he has it. Time will tell.

Jul 8, 2020, 9:57 PM

If he is truly interested in building something for the future, using his 5* power to help the next generation...he needs to decommit from BLM and commit to Howard.

BLM is more interested in tearing down than building up.

But there are plenty of places a talented young Black man can make a real impact. At Howard he can get triple-teamed on every play, but he will help teammates get opportunities and a brief moment in the spotlight.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:08 PM

This story is somewhat related to what you are saying
https://www.wralsportsfan.com/levelle-moton-says-makur-maker-choosing-howard-has-begun-a-cultural-shift-in-college-basketball/19178144/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 8, 2020, 11:11 PM

I personally don’t think it would be in anyone’s best interest to go to a college like that when they have offers from top tier schools. Won’t have near the coaches, facilities, and other amenities to develop him as a player. Throw in the fact his education would also probably not be as good as other top FBS school. Again it’s his life but I think it would hurt his future more than help.
Side note does anyone else feel like HBCUs are more exclusive then inclusive?

Jul 9, 2020, 12:16 AM

Hey, I'm just taking him at his word.

If he is getting advice from successful people (like he would at Clemson), he would do as you say. Like LeBron (even though I dislike him, I respect him), go the place where you can succeed best and then use your success to help others.

Many promising minorities get bad advice though. Their advisors sometimes want to tap into that star power early (remember, NIL income is coming). Zion got lucky after his stepdad almost screwed him over trying to broker his services.

Clemson would surely be a different culture than some of the other places on his list. I hope he gets a chance to take his visits.

that's an old misnomer that FBS schools won't benefit

Jul 9, 2020, 7:57 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list ]

players. The biggest thing that won't compare at Howard will be facilities, exposure and level of competition. Level of coaching is debatable, education is comparable, and taking the road less traveled can be even more rewarding when the ultimate payoff of getting drafted happens. Look around the NFL and you will see talent from all levels of competition, because it ultimately falls back on the player to meet the needs of team. Javon Hargrave was a 3rd round pick from SC State that started game 1 of his rookie year with the Steelers. Darius Leonard was a 2nd rd pick from SC State that started game 1 of his rookie season for the Colts. That's not the norm, but measurables, talent and work ethic have led to all-pro and hall of fame careers for those who came through HBCUs and other FCS programs.
as for the side note, there is no exclusivity at HISTORICALLY Black Colleges & Universities, they just happened to be born due to segregation. if you or anyone you know has not gone through applying there, it just won't register as a school for consideration. They are very open to all cultures attending, and some have recruiters that work to increase that diversity...

Re: that's an old misnomer that FBS schools won't benefit

Jul 9, 2020, 10:58 PM

Sorry but gotta disagree. First Spelman College is the #1 ranked hbcu by many sites. Overall it’s ranked the 270 best college in America. That’s not exactly great in my book. I would think then yes the education at hbcu would be lacking since 269 other school are ranked ahead of the top hbcu. Now your point of the path to the NFL. Yes if a players great then they could still make the NFL. However in 2016 (sorry couldn’t find anything more recent in a quick google search) there were only 32 players from hbcu that made NFL opening day rosters (there are 32 NFL teams with 53 players per roster so that’s about 2% in all the NFL). As of today there are 42 Clemson Tigers in the NFL.

I’ve been in the Orangeburg area a few time and never felt very comfortable or welcomed. I always seem to get stared at. I’m waiting for the day I’m asked if I’m lost. Also I remember there being a little stink being raised a few years back by SC State alums when they had a white starting QB.

Jul 12, 2020, 12:20 AM

using spelman only as the example because you site it, 270 out of 4298 schools is in the top 10 percent of all schools in the US...
I never said that hbcus are a hotbed for the NFL, but if you meet the NFL needs, that won't be a hindrance to getting there... on the flip side of that, P5 schools can't guarantee an NFL career as Tahj Boyd can be sited as an example of that...
As for your level of comfort in Orangeburg, I'm sorry you had to feel uncomfortable in your skin, or the stink (that I am unaware of) raised at SC State, well, I find that odd because there has been a white kicker or two there at some time in recent memory (I don't follow SC State, so I can't recall exactly when that was)...

Jul 12, 2020, 2:48 PM

Yeah I just figured Spelman would be the easiest since it’s said to be best hbcu academic wise.

No I know you didn’t say they are a hot bed but you have to be noticed to get a shot. It’s a lot easier to get invited to the senior bowl and combine if you play at a larger school.

Ah I’m not worried about Orangeburg. I just try to avoid it at all costs. I’ve been in a lot worse places. Just think everyone needs to take an open and honest look at themselves. Racism and hate don’t have an ethnicity.

You gotta figure though a kicker is only in the spotlight when kicking a PAT or FG. The QB is in the spotlight all the time.

Jul 10, 2020, 5:28 AM [ in reply to that's an old misnomer that FBS schools won't benefit ]

Let me state first that I am not arguing against Howard, but for the other schools. The level of coaching is not debatable. We are not making comparisons to mid-level teams, but the best of the best. They are in that group as much because of the coaches as the players.

I would also argue that the education might be comparable if I was choosing between the schools, but not for Foreman. I would argue that he very well might get a better education at Clemson than if he had thrown Harvard in, instead of Howard. Most top schools have an excess of money, and they spend an awful lot of it on making the educational experience the best it can be for their players. Schools know that the NCAA is not going to protest any amount of money going into education, so top schools now use these resources as a recruiting tool. Howard, nor Harvard, can match the programs that are in place at most of them and certainly not Clemson.

I lost you at coaching is comparable...***

Jul 10, 2020, 7:03 AM [ in reply to that's an old misnomer that FBS schools won't benefit ]

Re: I lost you at coaching is comparable...***

Jul 12, 2020, 12:25 AM

me thinks that your analysis of coaching is highly subjective... there are coaches who might be in a place because that is where he desires to be, ala Coach V, Mickey Andrews or a myriad of coaches in high school, Tom Knotts at Dutch Fork comes to mind or how Willie Jefferies made his career at SC State...

Jul 8, 2020, 10:19 PM

I've always felt a man's soul and character is as good as his word...and vice versa. My hope is that Dabo tells him thanks, but no thanks, and wishes him the best of luck.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:35 PM

As an old white man ..
Blah blah

Jul 9, 2020, 4:57 PM

Rassist

Jul 8, 2020, 10:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list ]

As an old white man ..
Blah blah

Jul 8, 2020, 10:50 PM

Who you callin white? Has nothing to do with race, dumba$$... It has to do with giving your word and keeping it...or not!

Jul 8, 2020, 10:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list ]

Something tells me this boy is looking for something other than being a "so-and-so highly rated football commit", he wants a name for himself, not simply as a member of a team that may win championships, but as a highly rated recruit, regardless of outcomes and opportunities. Tigers are who Tigers are!

Go Tigers!!!

Jul 8, 2020, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list ]

That is exactly the way I feel about him as a recruit. Hey we can be friends, but you really pisssed on the orange paw when you decommitted, and we have another guy that wanted that slot a lot more than you did, and he will do great being coached with Brent Venables staff!!!! Sorry Mr Foreman, we don't have room for you!!!!

When other recruits see that Dabo turned away from a 5 star recruit after he decommitted, that will let others know that recruiting isn't a kids game with Dabo and his staff, it's a serious job that should be treated seriously!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 9, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list ]

I've always felt a man's soul and character is as good as his word...and vice versa. My hope is that Dabo tells him thanks, but no thanks, and wishes him the best of luck.

A 17 year old was hasty and committed too soon. He did not try to sneak around and take secret visits but was upfront about it. Dabo will do the right thing

Jul 9, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list ]

A teenager made a hasty decision without thinking it through all the way, decided he wanted to think it through more, and played by Dabo's rules to make that happen by decommitting instead of sneaking around for visits (something Deshaun Watson, who I'm sure you love, did). This is a terrible opinion. Foreman's word, soul, and character are all fine. There's nothing wrong with deciding you want more information before making a life altering decision.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:39 PM

It would be nice if Korey rolled over for Clemson, but he is smart enough to know it is a seller's market in his case, and he is the seller. He is just being smart about it, and we may yet see him running down the hill. I hope so.

Jul 8, 2020, 10:59 PM

?? At this point, no one cares. #MovingOn

Jul 8, 2020, 11:43 PM

It sounds like he hasn’t figured himself out yet, or what he wants in life. No school is going to magically shape him into someone great, so he’s gotta figure out how to do it himself. I am a little concerned that his priorities are to make a name for himself and to be different, but he is still in high school after all.

Jul 9, 2020, 9:12 AM

Pass. Enough of the BLM garbage.

Jul 9, 2020, 10:24 AM

So “Crystal Ball” predicts Southern Cal......but Southern Cal isn’t in his final 7. OK.

Jul 9, 2020, 11:13 AM

Yeah. Whaddupwidat?

The initial decommit was to take the free visits he had "earned". The follow up was projected to be to consider SoCal due to NIL income opportunities.

So now it's just "part of the process"?

Jul 9, 2020, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Former Clemson commit includes Tigers in new top schools list ]

Uh...what instagram post are you looking at? USC is clearly present.

I don’t think Howard will be ..........

Jul 9, 2020, 2:08 PM

open long enough to have a football season. Of course, that could apply to a lot of schools at this time.

I say good luck to this young man

Aug 27, 2020, 9:13 AM

I'm fine with him taking his time and figuring out what he wants to do. I hope he ends up a Clemson Tiger, and I don't begrudge him taking the time to explore all his options. Sounds like a pretty bright guy honestly - there are so many pressures on these guys that we can't really relate to.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately, the first thing that comes to mind now when I

Aug 27, 2020, 10:47 AM

think of this young man is "Headline Seeking Prima Donna." I am 100% certain that Dabo Swinney made crystal clear the Clemson policy on Commits and visiting other schools. Yet, this young man still "committed" to us, and then proceeded to do just what Dabo had told him not to do. We moved on, and rightly so, when this young man reopened his recruitment following a false commitment. At this point in time, I really hope he goes elsewhere.

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic