Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Crowded RB rotation: Elliott breaks down the snaps
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

New Story: Crowded RB rotation: Elliott breaks down the snaps

Mar 27, 2015, 1:23 PM

Crowded RB rotation: Elliott breaks down the snaps

Offensive coordinator and running backs coach Tony Elliott took a long and hard look at his position group during Wednesday’s full-scale scrimmage in Death Valley and even he doesn’t know who will be the starter next season. What he does know is that his current roster of six running backs means someone won’t get carries once the season starts. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Crowded RB rotation: Elliott breaks down the snaps

Mar 27, 2015, 1:30 PM

Why do you keep saying zac Brooks tore his Achilles. Everything I read was it was a broken foot.

Re: New Story: Crowded RB rotation: Elliott breaks down the snaps

Mar 27, 2015, 1:34 PM

That's how I knew it too. Dye had the Achilles tear, Brooks was always listed with an undisclosed foot injury.

It's 1:30 on a Friday afternoon. No doubt davidhood has

Mar 27, 2015, 1:39 PM

already knocked back a beer or twelve.

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: It's 1:30 on a Friday afternoon. No doubt davidhood has

Mar 27, 2015, 1:42 PM

explains why hood-steele is staying at mother's this weekend.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Davidson feels like the odd man out

Mar 27, 2015, 2:00 PM

And perhaps Fuller is still green. I can see where Gallman/Dye/Brooks get the most snaps, and depending on who is hot and when, one of them may get the most.

After them, I would think Choice would be next depending on how healthy he is and stays. And then Fuller/Davidson would be fighting for the tail end of the depth chart.

I know people will cry "turnover machine", but I still think Davidson's best shot at seeing the field this season will be in some other role. Kick returns is my choice if he can prove to be able to keep the ball secure. Just learn to carry it differently.

Hope they all get their equal chance and run Watson LESS!

Mar 27, 2015, 2:21 PM

Possibly one will need to take a redshirt to completely heal...Adam Choice?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Might be smart to RS Choice

Mar 27, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Davidson feels like the odd man out ]

He is the only one with no RS.

Re: Might be smart to RS Choice

Mar 27, 2015, 9:09 PM

My thoughts exactly. Take another year to heal and keep eligibility.

Gallman comes home for Easter and Momma Says

Mar 27, 2015, 2:27 PM

WHAT are they feeding you in Tiger Town? Daggum son!

Gallman, Dye, and Fuller, in that order; then all the rest.

Mar 27, 2015, 2:30 PM

You know that Gallman will be "the man", and will get the bulk of the carries, at least initially. I think a healthy Dye will make a very strong push and will get a ton of carries as well. Fuller is big and fast, has impressed coaches, and he's healthy; look for him to get the rest of the carries.

Zac Brooks will be a bit rusty compared to the others, Choice could redshirt, and Davidson may indeed be the odd man out. That's my best guess.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Gallman, Dye, and Fuller, in that order; then all the rest.

Mar 27, 2015, 8:04 PM

I agree. That is exactly how I think it will play out in that order

Re: Gallman, Dye, and Fuller, in that order; then all the rest.

Mar 27, 2015, 8:05 PM

Fuller does not R/S????

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he already used his redshirt***

Mar 27, 2015, 9:19 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach speak sez: Healthy Gallman is lock for Game 1 starter

Mar 27, 2015, 2:32 PM

Love the depth and hope the rest of the guys step up and stay healthy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Redshirt for Choice?

Mar 27, 2015, 2:38 PM

That would be my choice. ;) Sorry I couldn't resist.

Anyway, I really liked what we saw of him. He was like a little bowling ball out there. Nice low running power with quickness. I wonder if they are thinking of redshirting him and slowly bring him back to the mix. I think he has great potential.

Re: Redshirt for Choice?

Mar 27, 2015, 2:40 PM

I think if he gets healthy quickly enough, we see him on the field. Of the backs on the field for us last season, he was the best.

Agreed...

Mar 27, 2015, 4:33 PM

I love the way Gallman came on towards the end, and the flashes Dye showed against GA St., but Choice was the man at RB.

We all wanted to see him run a wild cat, and sure enough, when he does, tears his ACL. If not this season, I see big things for him in 2016. Between the QB's the RB's and the "x" factors like Choice, RRM3, DW, and Scott, with the future O-Line blocking for them...LOOK OUT!!!

Not sure what to believe

Mar 27, 2015, 2:54 PM

All we heard last spring and summer was how the RB position was going to be a strength. I understand that injuries took away a lot of the depth, but nobody was really lighting it up. I hope our RBs can be more productive this season, but I'll have to see it first. It just kind of sounds like a mess.

On A Perfect Saturday Gameday

Mar 27, 2015, 3:07 PM

Have Gallman and two of Elliott's choices to play the first quarter until the early second qtr.... Then have the remaining three backs that hasn't got in yet play in the third quarter. Then In the fourth quarter have Gallman and your next best productive two backs in the game and finish slicing the opposing team's offensive jugular vein and win the games.
Not to mention everyone of those 6 running backs will have touched the ball. There,...........Fair equal distribution.

Run every play...

Mar 27, 2015, 4:31 PM

Between the back we have and that coot killin' "pass" thing from DW to AS, we should just pretty much run like 80% of the time.

If Brooks got stronger in his lower body during the redshirt

Mar 27, 2015, 5:44 PM

year, I could see him stepping up. He has great speed. If he can develop his lower body strength and learn to run a bit lower and with better leverage, like Dye and Choice, and much as Gallman needs to do, he could really step up his game this year. He has excellent speed, hands and height. If he can add power to his game, which should help his pass blocking, he could be one of the top 2-3 backs.

Gallman and Dye will battle for the starter's role, with Dye ending the season in front, with Gallman and Brooks alternating at the second spot, and Fuller next. I would expect Choice to redshirt, though he might be top 3 if healthy this year, leaving Davidson to get limited carries.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So is Ray Ray a receiver....period?

Mar 27, 2015, 5:54 PM

Also, red shirting unless injured seems to create a log jam and we have a hoss coming next year.
Play and use them in return game. If we are not careful, we may start getting transfers heaven forbid.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes - don't know how the idea that he would be anything

Mar 28, 2015, 1:24 PM

else ever got such legs.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Don't we have a classified ad seeking punt and kick returners?

Mar 27, 2015, 9:18 PM

Gallman IMO and from all indication is the 1. Brooks and Dye 2a, 2b. Out of the rest who fits the mold of PR and KR? Put them out there give em a shot. Less chance for the 1s, 2s, 3s getting hurt with additional touches, gives non-starters the chance to make an impact. Put them in the slot, throw in some wildcat and triple option stuff. Good problem to have have but I don't want to see them transfer.

Re: Don't we have a classified ad seeking punt and kick returners?

Mar 30, 2015, 4:09 PM

Put em on kickoff team.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic