Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So if we throw big money at
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,540

So if we throw big money at

Jan 26, 2014, 11:49 PM

Gregg Marshall, he wouldn't come?

Maybe not but it would fix a lot of isht around here.. Hopeful that it would be BB but I just don't think we r doing anything that I would consider an improvement. I think he does a great job at making scrubs competitive in games but that's not sustainable. We will win more than we lose this yr but nothing that will improve recruiting or make me excited for 'next years team'...

Whatever maybe I'm off base here after a blow out loss to a sorry unc team but you can just tell who we are this yr, bout the same as who we were last yr

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm curious.....

Jan 27, 2014, 12:04 AM

Did you think Clemson was picked to finish 14th out of 15 ACC teams because they were talented and deep????? Or did you swallow the dumbazz pill and start thinking this team--without one senior---was going to NCAA Tournament because they upset Duke in LJ??? or because they beat a handful of bottom feeders?????

Just to remind you of Coach Brownell's statement at the first of the season that it was going to take a while to build the program the right way...to make it sustainable through good recruiting, good facilities, and a loyal, KNOWLEDGEABLE fan base. He has a better class coming in....plans have been made to refurbish LJ.....that leaves only the 3rd part to focus on....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except the program is worse than when he arrived.***

Jan 27, 2014, 8:19 AM

Re: I'm curious.....

Jan 27, 2014, 8:45 AM [ in reply to I'm curious..... ]

No he was half the coach BB is from a tactical stand point IMO but was light yrs ahead of him in recruiting. Which teams were better? The ones where we had better recruiting....shocker!! It's all about players I have learned and great tacticians w/o focused recruiting are coaches of average teams. I agree all he needs is a good class of players but I have my doubts he can consistently get them in here. Marshall has always had better teams in his conference which tells me he's a great recruiter. Why he couldn't raise our level is all rooted in ur hard head

Re: So if we throw big money at

Jan 27, 2014, 12:13 AM

You folks just don't get it. It isn't coaching, it's Clemson. BB season starts and we continue to talk about football. It's a small town and BB is a big town sport. It's about history and we have none. And we're in a conference where the big dogs hunt ALL THE TIME.

It's not impossible at Clemson, it's just improbable and if and when it happens, it will happen episodically.

The kids on our squad are good athletes - and that's what Brownell and co. can get now - not BB players, but athletes. And athletes can play BB, some days. Don't you see, the coaches will eventually break through if given enough time and tools.

But, like everything else, it's about being positive and many of these so-called Clemson fans can be anything but. Rag on the coach, rag on the players, rag on the AD, the Prez, the Deity - one negative vibe right after another.

It's a wonder that any thinking young basketball player would even consider CU. Yet, in spite of all that Brownell and company are getting some real BB players to go with their athletes. They must be some salesmen!

Jan 27, 2014, 8:24 AM

Spot on!

Does Marshall fix recruiting...no

Jan 27, 2014, 12:39 AM

He has built a program at Wichita State the same way Brownell is building the program at Clemson. Except Marshall has had the luxury of developing his players out of the spot light, and not at U.N.C. or Pitt. Marshall would be doing the exact same thing at Clemson that Brownell is doing. Again, when you turn over 10 players in 2 years and 14 in 3 you basically have a brand new team. No time for development here boys, you are going on the court ready or not. Turns out our freshmen 3* players aren't ready for the big stage on the road...shocking.

Jan 27, 2014, 6:54 AM

Anyone saying Marshall or Smart is living in a fantasy land and immediately loses all credibility

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 27, 2014, 8:25 AM

It's not the coaching, it's the talent and that will ALWAYS be the issue when it comes to facing the elite teams!

not sure that Marshall is interested in SCar***

Jan 27, 2014, 8:27 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,540
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic